The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: Survivor
PostPosted: Fri October 01, 2021 3:40 am 
The Master

daft twat wrote:
B wrote:
How do they have more than 25 or so seasons?

2 a year

And they're mostly all wonderful.

PostPosted: Fri October 01, 2021 6:54 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

It really is amazing how well this show has held up and improved over such a long timespan. Miraculous, really.

Unrelated, I'm not a fan of all the behind the scenes, "winking at the camera"-type stuff they've introduced this season. But I credit them for trying new things (which is likely a key contributor in its longevity).

PostPosted: Fri October 01, 2021 7:00 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Jeff Probst is the greatest host in the history of television and his enthusiasm is one of the main things that keeps Survivor going.

PostPosted: Fri October 01, 2021 7:41 pm 
The Master

Ensign9 wrote:
It really is amazing how well this show has held up and improved over such a long timespan. Miraculous, really.

Unrelated, I'm not a fan of all the behind the scenes, "winking at the camera"-type stuff they've introduced this season. But I credit them for trying new things (which is likely a key contributor in its longevity).

I would love a deep behind the scenes series or documentary about the making of the show. Like you, I'm not sure these short little shots during the episode work, however.

PostPosted: Sat October 02, 2021 3:43 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

blueviper wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
They really should have voted the other guy out. He's got too many future advantages

I'm surprised they didn't. Plus Xander should be more wary of giving all of that information out. I guess when you think you trust your "alliance" you'd do that type of thing but it may have been to early to let them know about that new immunity thing and the code words.

Keep in mind that Xander doesn’t know that the other two women know about his immunity phrase—only Evvie. She could use that against him later. I think she’s a very smart player.

So when yellow inevitably loses another challenge next week and is down to 3, what do we think happens? My wife is convinced that they are going to pull people from other tribes into yellow instead of splitting yellow up between the other tribes, which would fit with the chaos theme.

PostPosted: Sun October 10, 2021 1:49 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Two weeks in a row, and my big takeaway is just how fucking bad Tiffany is at this game--this week it wasn't as glaring, since her team wasn't at tribal, but why the hell did she convince those two other players to split their risk/reward vote and then vote for the tarp, fucking knowing she wouldn't get the tarp? I have probably only watched 7-8 total Survivor seasons, but she may be the worst player I have ever seen.

My additional takeaway is that all these new risks/rewards/"idols" are making it tough sometimes to keep the rules straight. For example: can you give one of these immunities to another player, considering that's not really an "idol"? Brad was also eliminated this week while holding the 3-way immunity scroll, and one piece hadn't been activated yet--so if someone on the third tribe finds it next week, can it be activated with just 2 people? Can one of the team members that Brad told about the immunity say the phrase and then it's activated for them? If someone says the phrase before the person who actually find it--like if Tiffany decides to blurt out, in her infinite wisdom, "Butterflies are the souls of dead people!" before Xander does, does it transfer to her? Who knows?

PostPosted: Sun October 10, 2021 1:54 pm 
Future Drummer

I think a lot of new rules favor bad players. It keeps them in the game longer. No way Tiffany lasts this long on a regular size season.

PostPosted: Sun October 10, 2021 1:57 pm 
Future Drummer

I’m guessing the 3 way immunity that Brad had is hidden again so it can be found. I think the rules stated that all three secret codes needed to be said at the same time. I could be mistaken.

PostPosted: Sun October 10, 2021 2:30 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

blueviper wrote:
I’m guessing the 3 way immunity that Brad had is hidden again so it can be found. I think the rules stated that all three secret codes needed to be said at the same time. I could be mistaken.

Yes, they def need to be said at the same time. Hiding it again makes the most sense, that has always happened when someone leaves with an idol in tbeir pocket.

PostPosted: Thu October 14, 2021 5:39 pm 
Future Drummer

Don't let other people hold your idols! Sheesh!

PostPosted: Thu October 14, 2021 6:20 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

For a "life long student of the game" how did he not see that coming as soon as she asked for it?

PostPosted: Thu October 14, 2021 6:40 pm 
The Master

There's some next level overthinking/playing too hard going on right now. Still trying to understand why the Blue tribe was trying to throw that challenge. Giving away the advantage for the second straight tribal is also questionable at best.

PostPosted: Thu October 14, 2021 7:48 pm 
Future Drummer

Monkey_Driven wrote:
There's some next level overthinking/playing too hard going on right now. Still trying to understand why the Blue tribe was trying to throw that challenge. Giving away the advantage for the second straight tribal is also questionable at best.

Yeah, one hint at scheming by Erica and it's "let's throw the game and vote her out". Everyone is scheming! Keep your team tight just in case of a merge and you have numbers.

Last edited by blueviper on Mon October 18, 2021 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu October 14, 2021 7:50 pm 
Future Drummer

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
For a "life long student of the game" how did he not see that coming as soon as she asked for it?

He was even saying to her he wanted to take his advantages to tribal. He was saying you just never know and you should just take them. Should have listen to himself more.

PostPosted: Mon October 18, 2021 11:44 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

When they did cut away and JD like "Wow, for someone who thinks she's so good, Shan is so insecure," my wife and I thought it was TOO obvious that he was doomed, that for sure there would be some type of swerve or he would roll his dice and get out of being eliminated. Nope, he was just that bad at reading her.

Hmmm hmm hmm hmm hmmmmmm.

PostPosted: Mon October 18, 2021 2:40 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

blueviper wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Yeah, one hint at scheming by Erica and it's "let's through the game and vote her out". Everyone is scheming! Keep your team tight just in case of a merge and you have numbers.

Yes, this was just bizarre. I know we didn't see the fallout with that tribe, but for sure someone is going to realize something is up--Deshawn was doing so awful that it was obviously an act. Danny did better, just sort of hanging off to the side and not really trying to push any of his teammates.

I can't recall anyone throwing a challenge in any seasons I've watched, but I remember one when a team forfeited a challenge before it even started because they wanted someone out so badly.

PostPosted: Thu October 21, 2021 12:39 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Da da daa, da da daa…

PostPosted: Thu October 21, 2021 3:50 am 
Future Drummer

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Da da daa, da da daa…

Lol that’s already annoying.

But can her and Ricard survive a merge or a reorganization or whatever is happening next week?

PostPosted: Thu October 28, 2021 5:19 pm 
Future Drummer

All of these new rules are so convoluted. Sheesh.

PostPosted: Thu October 28, 2021 5:24 pm 
The Master

blueviper wrote:
All of these new rules are so convoluted. Sheesh.

Sort of feels like they're just throwing a bunch of ideas at the wall to see what sticks, doesn't it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment