The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (7/19/14)
PostPosted: Thu December 11, 2014 12:30 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Quote:
Is Sony about to be pressured into handing over Spider-Man to Marvel??

As we found out last night, Marvel and Sony were actually in serious discussions to have Spider-Man join the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The talks were reported to have broken down and millions of comic book fans were blue balled. Don’t pull that trigger yet though, because while those talks may have broken down, this whole clusterfuck of a situation that Sony is in (with the leaks and Spider-Man franchise in general) might be just enough to force their hand when it comes to Marvel. Da7e and our old buddies at Latino Review, have a new report that offers up this possibility (Click through and read his whole column though. He's got a lot of good info in it):

"What I’m hearing from my little birds is that Sony, the parent company, views Sony Pictures’s handling of the Spider-Man property as disappointing. Sony wants to be all about “quality” films (actual one-word quote, not air quotes), and theAmazing Spider-Man movies have not been that, nor have the rumors of future films in the franchise. Sony Japan thinks the Marvel deal for Spider-Man is still on the table and they want to renegotiate as a return to quality, the 60/40 split is can be negotiated and Sony Entertainment’s October hard-line stance of wanting creative control is now mostly moot in the eyes of the higher-ups."

A week ago I didn’t think there was anything to the rumors of Marvel and Sony working something out for Spider-Man but with those leaked e-mails and this new report it seems like an inevitability at this point. Hopefully, it happens sooner rather than later so we can all get closer to good Spider-Man films again.

PostPosted: Thu December 11, 2014 2:10 am 
The Master

Those movies ARE terrible.

PostPosted: Wed December 17, 2014 3:45 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

So, what does everyone think about Marvel wanting Garfield out, and Sony refusing to fire him? I don't have a problem with him as Spiderman, but if it's get Spiderman into Civil War ... Sorry, bub.

PostPosted: Wed December 17, 2014 3:53 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I think Andrew is great as Spider-Man/Peter Parker. Great. I'd love to see him play the part in a good movie with a competent script. And GOD I'd LOVE to see his Peter Parker go toe to toe with RDJ's Tony Stark. But, ultimately, I think the most important thing is for Spider-Man to get back to Marvel, even in a shared capacity. If the concession is Garfield, then so be it. I'd love to see Spidey come home.

PostPosted: Wed December 17, 2014 4:29 pm 
The Master

I like Garfield as an actor, but he is fucking AWFUL as Parker/Spider-Man. Marvel is 100% right to want him out of there. These awful Webb movies need to be disregarded and forgotten.

PostPosted: Wed December 17, 2014 8:57 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I don't think Garfield the actor is the problem Marvel just doesn't want to be tied to that continuity.

PostPosted: Wed December 17, 2014 9:01 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

bada wrote:
I don't think Garfield the actor is the problem Marvel just doesn't want to be tied to that continuity.

That would be my guess as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment