The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: TVG Presents: All Things Horror.
PostPosted: Tue October 12, 2021 5:44 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

yeah, nice to see Stu's house there.

PostPosted: Wed October 13, 2021 11:24 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Going tomorrow to see Halloween Kills!
Finally.

PostPosted: Thu October 14, 2021 12:42 am 
jeeeesus relax already

Also, The Black Phone looks great

PostPosted: Thu October 14, 2021 3:36 am 
jeeeesus relax already

First ep of Chucky was a mixed bag. The doll looks as great as always, and Brad Dourif is so good, but it felt off.
Im hoping it gets better because the story looks cool.

PostPosted: Thu October 14, 2021 7:00 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

VinylGuy wrote:
Finally.

this one was weeeird as fuuuuck.
Super gory, Michael is a violent machine basically. The movie looks gorgeous, but it takes some very weird choices specially at the end

Spoiler: show
so Laurie is told that she doesnt fit into this Michael is looking for me narrative finally! And they establish that he is just an unstoppable killer machine...the next one will be again Michael Vs Laurie, and she even says this is ending with both of them dead but how the fuck do you kill him?

PostPosted: Thu October 14, 2021 10:08 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Finally getting to start Midnight Mass tonight

PostPosted: Fri October 15, 2021 3:08 am 
Looks Like a Cat

First two of MM were awesome and harmless you were right about the long/tracking shots. It puts you into the story in a more intimate way than man other shows

PostPosted: Fri October 15, 2021 1:52 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

yeah Midnight Mass is awesome. Its the unofficial reboot of Salem´s Lot i have been waiting kinda. Looks great, the characters are so fucking good...some very strong dialogue there.

Im still reeling with Halloween Kills. Such a weird movie, really crazy and gory and super weird. Im sure ill watch it again this weekend, maybe bacl to back with the previous one.

PostPosted: Sun October 17, 2021 5:00 am 
The Master

VinylGuy wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Finally.

Super gory, Michael is a violent machine basically. The movie looks gorgeous, but it takes some very weird choices specially at the end

so Laurie is told that she doesnt fit into this Michael is looking for me narrative finally! And they establish that he is just an unstoppable killer machine...the next one will be again Michael Vs Laurie, and she even says this is ending with both of them dead but how the fuck do you kill him?

I thought that overall this was dumb. There is just no story for a Halloween sequel. None of them. There's nothing to tell other than Michael Meyers kills, people chase, he lives, the end.

Thats how it goes.

The original had a story

Rob Zombies origina had a story

Halloween 2018 had a story

There's just nothing to tell on a sequel. Thats fine. it was entertaining enough.
I do like some things near the end as you stated above but i can't see the point of another one unless at some point a film maker says "enough is enough, lets kill him and be done with it". If they really are planning this as a trilogy then they need to just end it. But there really isn't any story here other than michael kill.

PostPosted: Sun October 17, 2021 5:04 am 
The Master

Also Michael Anthony hall looks 15 years older than he is. Geezes he must have been hitting the bottle hard for a majority of his life

PostPosted: Sun October 17, 2021 9:40 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Strat wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Finally.

I thought that overall this was dumb. There is just no story for a Halloween sequel. None of them. There's nothing to tell other than Michael Meyers kills, people chase, he lives, the end.

Thats how it goes.

The original had a story

There's just nothing to tell on a sequel. Thats fine. it was entertaining enough.
I do like some things near the end as you stated above but i can't see the point of another one unless at some point a film maker says "enough is enough, lets kill him and be done with it". If they really are planning this as a trilogy then they need to just end it. But there really isn't any story here other than michael kill.

I agree with you, but i also felt like there is a story. Its narrative is clumsy, and sometimes weird but i kinda feel they are showing more of the town and the survivor´s feel with Michael coming back.

Also i just rewatched the original, and its a masterpiece in mood, framing and camera movement. And The Shape is glorious, and Gordon Green really uses it very well in both of his sequels.

PostPosted: Mon October 18, 2021 12:26 am 
Future Drummer

Strat wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Finally.

Thats how it goes.

The original had a story

There was a story for the original sequel, it was the same night thus it just continued.

Other than that I feel they just trudge in to horror-film: another entry-mode which I feel the genre gets a bit more leeway.

The original stands as one of the best films made in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon October 18, 2021 1:08 am 
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Halloween Kills was fucking awful, might be time for Michael Myers to join Freddy and Jason in not having new films for a long time.

PostPosted: Mon October 18, 2021 1:44 am 
jeeeesus relax already

well, its a huge success and they already announced the final chapter in this trilogy, so thats not going to happen.

Friday the 13 dont have new films because of a rights war....while Nightmare On Elm Street is being shopped since 2019 i think? Flanagan was trying to do something with it.

I really like this Halloween trilogy, with all its flaws, it looks great. And the gore is fucking great.

PostPosted: Mon October 18, 2021 3:14 am 
jeeeesus relax already

As i watched the original Halloween yesterday, im planning on following it with Halloween (2018) and Halloween Kills back to back this week.
I only have a rewatch of Halloween 2 from Rob Zombie, perhaps the uncut edition and Halloween 3 and i can finish my rewatch of the franchise.

PostPosted: Mon October 18, 2021 2:27 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

post-MM thoughts:

Riveting. Beautifully written, acted, and shot. A few of the monologues could have been shorter... I've seen that criticism online and I agree I suppose. The closing one in particular, but I'm not the sure the interweaving of themes (religion as an addiction for example) would have worked as well without them as they are. It's also cool that even though the story is highly referential to others (VG said Salem's Lot, which is spot on), it still felt fresh and urgent.

PostPosted: Mon October 18, 2021 2:43 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

i agree with everything you said..yeah, the final monologue seemed a bit much, like it was something for Katie Siegel to shine.The series is great, is super urgent and actual and its a triumph for Flanagan for sure, they guy struggled a lot to have it made, and when they actually build the sets covid happened...so it was possible the series was not going to be made.

PostPosted: Mon October 18, 2021 3:58 pm 
She / Her

I love the monologues and I love that Flannagan is brave enough to not cut them, especially the ones with the priest and the character in recovery

PostPosted: Mon October 18, 2021 4:35 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

yeah, i love that. He is making them as long as he wants or understands the narrative needs it.

PostPosted: Mon October 18, 2021 6:11 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Ms Harmless wrote:
I love the monologues and I love that Flannagan is brave enough to not cut them, especially the ones with the priest and the character in recovery

I really liked all of Riley's monologues, the brain death one stands out though. In the moment I thought that might be better than the Catholic's heaven.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 60  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment