Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy

Sat February 20, 2021 10:45 pm

Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy is a six-part CNN Original Series that follows Academy Award nominee Stanley Tucci as he travels across Italy to discover the secrets and delights of the country’s regional cuisines. Follow along as Tucci explores how Italian cooking offers a glimpse into the country’s rich history and culture.

https://cnncreativemarketing.com/project/tucci/

Re: Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy

Sat February 20, 2021 10:49 pm

Sat February 20, 2021 10:50 pm

need a green circle

Sat February 20, 2021 10:50 pm

I watched the Napoli and Tuscany episodes. I like this. Obviously, Anthony Bourdain is a complex act to follow. Tucci is reserved, more conventional - but he's not trying to be the new Bourdain - he's not trying to upstage him. He's his own man. He has his own story. It's not as heavy as a hit as Bourdain, but it has a welcome place in the food travel genre. And in the Covid pandemic environment where so little travel is possible, it's a welcome escape to a happier and more open planet earth.

Sat February 20, 2021 10:52 pm

Norris wrote:need a green circle

wow, I kinda can't believe how badly I messed this one up

Sat February 20, 2021 10:53 pm

this dude is a beast - the medley of bistecca fiorentina on his grill looked amazing

Sat February 20, 2021 11:44 pm

96583UP wrote:I watched the Napoli and Tuscany episodes. I like this. Obviously, Anthony Bourdain is a complex act to follow. Tucci is reserved, more conventional - but he's not trying to be the new Bourdain - he's not trying to upstage him. He's his own man. He has his own story. It's not as heavy as a hit as Bourdain, but it has a welcome place in the food travel genre. And in the Covid pandemic environment where so little travel is possible, it's a welcome escape to a happier and more open planet earth.

I enjoy this one too. He’s laid back and lets the food and people behind them shine.

Sun February 21, 2021 7:01 pm

the first one was good..looking forward to tonights episode..nothing ground breaking but i can watch these type of shows all day if the host is a right fit..

we used to see him a lot at our local grocery store in the upper west side of NYC

Sun February 21, 2021 11:42 pm

looks like Rome up tonight

i may need to have pasta at the ready

Sun February 21, 2021 11:55 pm

doug rr wrote:the first one was good..looking forward to tonights episode..nothing ground breaking but i can watch these type of shows all day if the host is a right fit..

we used to see him a lot at our local grocery store in the upper west side of NYC

Did he often seem to be lost, searching for the Italian foods aisle?

Mon February 22, 2021 3:13 am

Nah he was more walking through delicious restaurants and neighborhoods and talking to interesting people

i just ate so much pasta and i had already had dinner

maybe my first post- Covid trip will be to Italy and I'll just eat food and drink wine for a few weeks

Mon February 22, 2021 2:50 pm

I love italy so goddamn much. I can't wait to watch this.

Mon February 22, 2021 3:02 pm

96583UP wrote:Nah he was more walking through delicious restaurants and neighborhoods and talking to interesting people

i just ate so much pasta and i had already had dinner

maybe my first post- Covid trip will be to Italy and I'll just eat food and drink wine for a few weeks

don't forget to pray, and love.

Mon February 22, 2021 3:24 pm

The Argonaut wrote:
doug rr wrote:the first one was good..looking forward to tonights episode..nothing ground breaking but i can watch these type of shows all day if the host is a right fit..

never...I always saw him at citarella...man do i miss that place..anyway, last night episode in Rome was good..need some cacio e pepe this week

Mon February 22, 2021 4:08 pm

doug rr wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

never...I always saw him at citarella...man do i miss that place..anyway, last night episode in Rome was good..need some cacio e pepe this week

same here - want to try the 70/30 pecorino/parmesan mix.

Mon February 22, 2021 7:39 pm

spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

same here - want to try the 70/30 pecorino/parmesan mix.

i was glad when he leaked that secret

Mon February 22, 2021 7:43 pm

I keep trying to make fun of the goofy name of this show, but no one will engage me. I should've known better than to try to mess with the Tucci Gang

Mon February 22, 2021 7:43 pm

doug rr wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

on the UES the Citarella is on the corner and at one point it had an attached bar/resto on the adjacent side of the corner (under a different name). they had a dollar oysters happy hour every week, which I used to hit up often. one time I actually found a baby pearl inside. not sure what happened to it

Wed February 24, 2021 3:18 am

Saw the Naples episode and loved it. I can’t wait for the Bologna episode. One of my favorite cities on earth.

Wed February 24, 2021 3:12 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Saw the Naples episode and loved it. I can’t wait for the Bologna episode. One of my favorite cities on earth.

i really want to go to bologna..my wife said its her favorite food city in italy
Post a reply