The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Borat 2
PostPosted: Mon November 02, 2020 5:41 pm 
Gone

ghost wrote:
96583UP wrote:
i feel bad for azamat

He got paid $62,000 to wrestle naked with Borat on camera. Not sure I would do that. Even if it led to a career of bit parts in b-movies.

I think Sacha got the worst of that scene though. If I remember right Azamaht had his ass to mouth. He was primarily receiving.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 2:14 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

How much of this stuff is real and how much is staged? That scene at the debutant ball, that had to be fake, right?

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 2:25 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

That scene is real. Some of the guys there talked about it. Super weird.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 6:55 pm 
Future Drummer

B wrote:
How much of this stuff is real and how much is staged? That scene at the debutant ball, that had to be fake, right?

Debutante ball seemed very real, you can't fake shit like the disgust on that one girl's face when her dad was talking.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 10:22 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 10:29 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Orpheus wrote:
B wrote:

Debutante ball seemed very real, you can't fake shit like the disgust on that one girl's face when her dad was talking.

Yeah I thought that was real. I maintain that the entire sequence where he's waiting out the pandemic seems fake. Apparently the babysitter was real, though--I was sure she was in on it.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 10:32 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Mickey wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
B wrote:

Yeah I thought that was real. I maintain that the entire sequence where he's waiting out the pandemic seems fake. Apparently the babysitter was real, though--I was sure she was in on it.

Everyone at the debutante ball was hired, but not knowing who Borat was, was the most important thing in being hired.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 10:47 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Anders wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
B wrote:

Everyone at the debutante ball was hired, but not knowing who Borat was, was the most important thing in being hired.

he wasnt borat in that scene. And no, they werent hired.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 10:51 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

VinylGuy wrote:
Anders wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
B wrote:

he wasnt borat in that scene. And no, they werent hired.

I know he wasn’t Borat in that scene. But I’m sure both of us would have recognised him straight away.

Borat introduces Tutar — under the surnames Phillip Drummond III and Sandra Jessica Parker Drummond — at a debutante ball in Macon, Georgia. Monroe County Reporter publisher Will Davis, who attended the ball with his 18-year-old daughter, recounted the experience in his newspaper. He says the staged event was filmed under the guise that it was for a fictional movie about Southern belles making their debut. Guests, who were paid $100 to show up, were tested on their pop culture knowledge beforehand. Those unfamiliar with Baron Cohen were invited to watch Borat and Tutar’s touching, yet graphic, father-daughter dance that ends with Tutar’s “moon blood” on full display.

“They began dancing side by side in synch when suddenly the “daughter” lifted her hoop skirt, gyrating and revealing no underwear,” Davis wrote. “That’s when all of us who were sober marched to the checkout desk, demanded our phones back and hit the road. My precious daughter and I walked out into the cool Macon night with mouths agape wondering what had just happened.”

https://variety.com/2020/film/features/borat-2-cameos-sacha-baron-cohen-1234815507/

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 10:56 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Oh sure they pretty much paid everyone in the movie. I looked at the word hired as an actor.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 11:06 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Quote:
My precious daughter and I walked out into the cool Macon night with mouths agape wondering what had just happened.

Who writes like this?

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 11:09 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

VinylGuy wrote:
Oh sure they pretty much paid everyone in the movie. I looked at the word hired as an actor.

Yeah I don't think that's quite the same thing--they obviously paid almost everyone who appeared, it's more a matter of to what extent they were in on the joke and playing along.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 11:13 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Mickey wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Yeah I don't think that's quite the same thing--they obviously paid almost everyone who appeared, it's more a matter of to what extent they were in on the joke and playing along.

exactly.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 11:16 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

If they set up the whole thing, asked them questions to eliminate candidates, and agreed payment in advance, then it’s not ‘real’ but set up. But yes, in most cases, they are not actors who are in on the jokes.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 11:43 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I just don't see how that makes the reactions set-up, even if you're gaming your participant pool a bit. It eliminates people being like HI BORAT, LET ME MAKE SEXY TIME YOUR DAUGHTER, but that dad's response was unscripted and presumably real.

PostPosted: Thu November 05, 2020 12:53 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

and his daughter response! it was super real. Priceless.

PostPosted: Thu November 05, 2020 2:46 pm 
Future Drummer

I'm all aboard the Maria Bakalova for the Oscar train.

PostPosted: Sun November 29, 2020 7:01 am 
mXn

Just watched this tonight and OMG the debutantes ball ... I almost died. Amazing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment