Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Frasier

Wed July 22, 2020 6:39 pm

And also, the actor who plays Frasier's dad in Frasier shows up in Cheers as a different character

Wed July 22, 2020 6:40 pm

Also, there is no mention in Frasier of Frasier's superfluous third nipple, which was a large plot point throughout the character's arc in Cheers

Wed July 22, 2020 6:42 pm

1. He lied. This was addressed in Frasier! In season 2 episode 16, "The Show Where Sam Shows Up," Sam asks this very question to Frasier. Martin looks offended, and Frasier explains that at the time he said his father was dead, the two had had an argument, which motivated Frasier to lie out of spite.
2. Just looked very similar.
3. Ok.

Wed July 22, 2020 6:46 pm

Thanks Anders

Wed July 22, 2020 7:04 pm

I also have a third nipple, but I don't mention it in every one of my posts.

Wed July 22, 2020 7:18 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:“Hi I’m Kelsey grammar, I’m an intellectual fussypants and my brother’s in the closet, hur dur lets make 14 seasons out of me.”

YOU SHUT UP!

Wed July 22, 2020 7:20 pm

Jorge wrote:And also, the actor who plays Frasier's dad in Frasier shows up in Cheers as a different character

So did the actress that played Roz.

Wed July 22, 2020 10:08 pm

I never watched Cheers. I'd never risk ruining the purity of Frasier by watching him sit around a dive bar.

Wed July 22, 2020 10:09 pm

wease wrote:
Jorge wrote:And also, the actor who plays Frasier's dad in Frasier shows up in Cheers as a different character

I always found Roz way hotter than Daphne

Wed July 22, 2020 10:18 pm

Simple Torture wrote:I also have a third nipple, but I don't mention it in every one of my posts.

OK but I wish you did though

Wed July 22, 2020 10:28 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:I never watched Cheers. I'd never risk ruining the purity of Frasier by watching him sit around a dive bar.

Blasphemy! Both shows had the same writers, and type of humor. Cheers is a bit dated now, but so is Frasier. Those shows are two peas in a pod... Both Brilliant!

Wed July 22, 2020 11:11 pm

Good show, super inaccurate representation of how radio stations work though.

Wed July 22, 2020 11:13 pm

nerd

Wed July 22, 2020 11:20 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:Good show, super inaccurate representation of how radio stations work though.

How about Newsradio?

Wed July 22, 2020 11:25 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:
wease wrote:

I always found Roz way hotter than Daphne

Ditto

Wed July 22, 2020 11:32 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:I never watched Cheers. I'd never risk ruining the purity of Frasier by watching him sit around a dive bar.

Oh, it wouldn't ruin any purity. It's actually a great contrast. He starts out on Cheers like he is on Frasier, then becomes one of the guys, then it's back to the Frasier you recognize. The core character is always there and you get a little insight on things that happen on Frasier. Like his marriage to Lilith and his relationship with Diane. Frasier is the perfect companion to Cheers. Wings was great, The Tortellis was, at best, mediocre, but Frasier was practically seamless in its transitioning was the best, by far, of the shows that sprung from Cheers' loin.

You're doing yourself a great disservice if you don't watch Cheers.

Wed July 22, 2020 11:33 pm

Iholdthepain wrote:

Blasphemy! Both shows had the same writers, and type of humor. Cheers is a bit dated now, but so is Frasier. Those shows are two peas in a pod... Both Brilliant!

This guy gets it.

Wed July 22, 2020 11:36 pm

Wed July 22, 2020 11:37 pm

doug rr wrote:Image

You're goddamn right.

Thu July 23, 2020 1:55 am

too much laugh track
Post a reply