The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Movie: The Flash- Flashpoint (2022)
PostPosted: Tue April 19, 2022 10:09 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

How to fuck up the franchise before it starts....

Ezra Miller Arrested Again in Hawaii, This Time for Allegedly Throwing a Chair That Hit a Woman
Ezra Miller was arrested again in Hawaii, this time being taken in for second-degree assault after an incident at a residence in Pāhoa

Per a police report, cops responded to a report of an assault at a get-together at a private house at around 1:10 a.m. During an investigation, police identified Miller as the suspect and determined that they became “irate after being asked to leave and reportedly threw a chair, striking a 26-year-old female in the forehead, resulting in an approximate half-inch cut” (the victim declined medical treatment).

Miller was subsequently arrested at around 1:30 a.m. after police found them on the roadway during a traffic stop. Miller was released from custody at about 4:05 a.m. after cops conferred with prosecutors. An investigation into the incident, however, is still ongoing.

Ezra Miller was arrested again in Hawaii, this time being taken in for second-degree assault after an incident at a residence in Pāhoa

Per a police report, cops responded to a report of an assault at a get-together at a private house at around 1:10 a.m. During an investigation, police identified Miller as the suspect and determined that they became “irate after being asked to leave and reportedly threw a chair, striking a 26-year-old female in the forehead, resulting in an approximate half-inch cut” (the victim declined medical treatment).

Miller was subsequently arrested at around 1:30 a.m. after police found them on the roadway during a traffic stop. Miller was released from custody at about 4:05 a.m. after cops conferred with prosecutors. An investigation into the incident, however, is still ongoing.

Reps for Miller did not immediately return Rolling Stone‘s request for comment.

The arrest is Miller’s latest in a string of run-ins with law enforcement in Hawaii over the past month or so. Over the course of several weeks in March alone, Miller was reportedly the subject of at least 10 police phone calls in Hilo, Hawaii. Those events were relatively minor, with the actor accused of filming people at a gas station, refusing to leave the sidewalk outside a restaurant, and arguing with people.

Then, on March 28, Miller was arrested after becoming agitated by a couple singing Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper’s “Shallow” at a karaoke bar. Per the arrest report, Miller grabbed the microphone from the woman singing and later lunged at a man playing darts.

Mere hours after they were arrested for disorderly conduct and harassment, Miller was released on bail and then allegedly stormed into a couple’s bedroom and threatened them. Per court documents, the couple claimed that Miller burst into their bedroom and said, “I will burn your s*** wife” (Miller was also accused of stealing a passport and a wallet). The couple then filed a temporary restraining order against Miller, which a judge is expected to rule on by the end of the month.

As Rolling Stone reported earlier this month, Miller’s string of arrests prompted an emergency meeting of executives at Warner Bros. and the comics giant DC to discuss the actor’s future with the studio. Though the studio has time before it needs to make any hard decisions, the consensus was reportedly to pause any future projects involving Miller, including possible appearances in other DC Extended Universe films. Production on The Flash was also reportedly fraught with drama, with one insider saying Miller had “frequent meltdowns” on set (the film’s release was recently pushed from Nov. 4, 2022 to June 23, 2023).

Back in April 2020, Miller was cushy on video apparently choking a woman at a bar in Reykjavik, Iceland. Witnesses offered different accounts of how exactly the event transpired, but the short clip appeared to show Miller grabbing the woman by the throat and throwing her to the ground. Miller never publicly addressed the video.

PostPosted: Tue April 19, 2022 11:20 pm 
The Master

What a fantastic beast.

PostPosted: Wed April 20, 2022 2:41 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

i really hope they release that movie that took them decades to get it started, i wanna see Keaton.

PostPosted: Mon June 13, 2022 1:17 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Apparently now authorities can’t find Miller as well as the teenage girl he is accused of brainwashing

PostPosted: Mon June 13, 2022 1:29 am 
Mind Your Tanners

I'm betting they push the movie back a year.

PostPosted: Mon June 13, 2022 2:18 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

There's gotta be some skinny white dude that can replace him.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon June 13, 2022 2:52 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

They should have used the dude that played the Flash on the CW series. He was better anyway.

PostPosted: Sat June 18, 2022 9:52 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Warner Bros. Calls It Quits With Ezra Miller's The Flash

PostPosted: Sat June 18, 2022 11:02 pm 

So they are still releasing it. Just done with him afterwards?

PostPosted: Sun June 19, 2022 12:17 am 
Mind Your Tanners

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
So they are still releasing it. Just done with him afterwards?

Yep. Still a year out though.

PostPosted: Thu June 23, 2022 7:39 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

from RS: Ezra Miller has been hosting a young mother and her three children at ‘The Flash’ star’s Vermont farm since April. Two sources with knowledge of the situation allege Miller’s home is an unsafe environment for children, claiming there were unattended guns strewn around the home.

PostPosted: Thu June 23, 2022 7:41 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Stickman wrote:
from RS: Ezra Miller has been hosting a young mother and her three children at ‘The Flash’ star’s Vermont farm since April. Two sources with knowledge of the situation allege Miller’s home is an unsafe environment for children, claiming there were unattended guns strewn around the home.

Great to see this is all hurtling toward a very happy ending...

PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 9:21 pm 
Gone

Are you guys still planning on seeing this?

PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 9:23 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

verb_to_trust wrote:

Separate the corporate consumer product from the insane groomer psycho.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 9:31 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

verb_to_trust wrote:

Because of Keaton, yes. I'd love to see them secretly transform this into another Batman '89 sequel.

PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 10:54 pm 
Gone

BurtReynolds wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Separate the corporate consumer product from the insane groomer psycho.

People seem to do this selectively though. I’m mainly wondering if it’ happens to be virgin cape shit movies people look the other way.

PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 11:50 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Ensign9 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Because of Keaton, yes. I'd love to see them secretly transform this into another Batman '89 sequel.

Muschietti for me. I wonder if there's a scenario where the Miller situation becomes so bad that WB scraps a theatrical release altogether

PostPosted: Sat June 25, 2022 12:55 am 
Gone

Jorge wrote:
Ensign9 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Muschietti for me. I wonder if there's a scenario where the Miller situation becomes so bad that WB scraps a theatrical release altogether

How can anyone watch a super hero movie if the actor is a bad person though?

PostPosted: Sat June 25, 2022 1:43 am 

verb_to_trust wrote:
Jorge wrote:
Ensign9 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

How can anyone watch a super hero movie if the actor is a bad person though?

I hate almost everyone in Hollywood. I manage. though it is getting harder.

PostPosted: Sat June 25, 2022 10:34 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Jorge wrote:
Ensign9 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

There's definitely a PR playbook that could save it -- Ezra goes into rehab and into seclusion for six months; he issues a letter to the trades apologizing and stating he "needs to work on himself" and then a months-long public apology tour leading up to the release.

None of that seems realistic at this point. And the fact they've abandoned a connected DCCU with a master plan makes it less important for this movie to get out there to connect dots and move the overall conglomerate forward. More likely they shunt this to HBO Max and get it behind them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment