Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

TV: Better Things (FX)

Fri April 17, 2020 1:22 pm

We finished S1. WOW. What a doozy.

Spoiler: show
Loved how they dealt with Frankie's being transgender. No big revelation, no dramatic music, just Sam too busy to notice the major change going on in her child's life; Max calling it to her attention; Sam kind of going "holy shit, that makes sense." Then just crawling into bed with Frankie and giving her/him(?)* an embrace. Hit me hard, that sequence

*I'm not sure how I'm supposed to refer to someone who was assigned a female gender at birth, and seems to be transitioning, but hasn't made any new gender proclamations yet. Apologies if I've mishandled this.

Re: TV: Better Things (FX)

Fri April 17, 2020 10:23 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:We finished S1. WOW. What a doozy.

Loved how they dealt with Frankie's being transgender. No big revelation, no dramatic music, just Sam too busy to notice the major change going on in her child's life; Max calling it to her attention; Sam kind of going "holy shit, that makes sense." Then just crawling into bed with Frankie and giving her/him(?)* an embrace. Hit me hard, that sequence

*I'm not sure how I'm supposed to refer to someone who was assigned a female gender at birth, and seems to be transitioning, but hasn't made any new gender proclamations yet. Apologies if I've mishandled this.

I would have gone with them.

I have this on my To Watch list, I love Pamela Adlon and have heard nothing but stellar things.

Fri April 17, 2020 11:25 pm

Thanks, that sounds right

Sat April 18, 2020 2:31 am

a spoiler for later seasons but Frankie isn't transgender anymore.

I've been watching this for years, I'm surprised no one ever made a thread about it. Pamela Adlon is hilarious.

I'm about to watch the new episode actually.
Last edited by Jammer XCI on Sat April 18, 2020 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat April 18, 2020 2:37 am

yes i'd say that's an enormous fucking spoiler. wtf.
Last edited by tragabigzanda on Sat April 18, 2020 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat April 18, 2020 2:37 am

seriously what a cock.

Sat April 18, 2020 2:38 am

Edit your post, cock

Sat April 18, 2020 4:16 am

Great thread
Post a reply