Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Movie: Dune (2020)

Mon September 14, 2020 12:34 pm

Ensign9 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:I’m really enjoying the book. It’s so dense and over complicates itself to start off with but then that eases off as you get into it. I am only about 200 pages on though.

But really enjoying it so far.

The entire arc of the main narrative that runs through Dune and its sequels is pretty stunning in its scope. The latter books tend to be a bit repetitive but it's thrilling to see the narrative adequately brought to an end.

I was told to only read as far as god emperor and ignore the books his son took up posthumously. Should I ignore that?

Mon September 14, 2020 3:22 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:
Ensign9 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:I’m really enjoying the book. It’s so dense and over complicates itself to start off with but then that eases off as you get into it. I am only about 200 pages on though.

But really enjoying it so far.

The entire arc of the main narrative that runs through Dune and its sequels is pretty stunning in its scope. The latter books tend to be a bit repetitive but it's thrilling to see the narrative adequately brought to an end.

I was told to only read as far as god emperor and ignore the books his son took up posthumously. Should I ignore that?

There is a definite quality difference post-Frank but the story kept me entertained.

Mon September 14, 2020 5:28 pm

I stopped at god emperor. It was enough.

Sun October 04, 2020 8:49 pm

SUPER excited for this movie.

Reading the book for the first time now. Really enjoying it so far. About half way through.

Sun October 04, 2020 8:50 pm

epilogue wrote:Reading the book for the first time now. Really enjoying it so far. About half way through.

Me too.

Sun October 04, 2020 8:52 pm

I just picked it up from the library to read for the first time.

Sun October 04, 2020 8:52 pm

Who the hell is epilogue

Sun October 04, 2020 8:53 pm

Simple Torture wrote:
epilogue wrote:Reading the book for the first time now. Really enjoying it so far. About half way through.

Me too.

:luv:

My man!

Sun October 04, 2020 8:53 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:I just picked it up from the library to read for the first time.

Excited to hear your thoughts.

Mon October 05, 2020 2:27 pm

This is getting ridiculous. We’ve a new mod nobody knows and he’s in here brainwashing us with his dune fanwankery

This place has gone to bantha poodoo

Mon October 05, 2020 2:53 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:This is getting ridiculous. We’ve a new mod nobody knows and he’s in here brainwashing us with his dune fanwankery

Sarge needed some help with some computer stuff that was over his head so they needed to recruit an outsider to do the work. And to do the work, that person needs to be a mod. Meet epilogue. We only pay him thirty dollars an hour, pretty good deal

Mon October 05, 2020 3:09 pm

jesus, this place is a mess.

Mon October 05, 2020 4:26 pm

VinylGuy wrote:jesus, this place is a mess.

please donate

Mon October 05, 2020 4:31 pm

I live in Argentina Argo. Please.

Mon October 05, 2020 5:16 pm

I’m literally homeless due to house fire and you’re giving that swine $30 an hour????

Priorities my dear boy! Priorities!

Mon October 05, 2020 5:30 pm

VinylGuy wrote:jesus, this place is a mess.

*jorge

Mon October 05, 2020 5:37 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:This is getting ridiculous. We’ve a new mod nobody knows and he’s in here brainwashing us with his dune fanwankery

:arrow:

Mon October 05, 2020 6:30 pm

oasisfan35 wrote:

:lol:

Mon October 05, 2020 6:52 pm

epilogue wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:

:lol:

What's so funny... newbie

Mon October 05, 2020 8:34 pm

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. And really, it'll only be me, and not this movie, because it's been delayed 10 months:

Post a reply