The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post subject: Movie: The Counselor (10-25-13)
PostPosted: Wed June 26, 2013 12:49 am 
Mind Your Tanners

A lawyer finds himself in over his head when he gets involved in drug trafficking.

Post subject: Re: Movie: The Counselor (10-25-13)
PostPosted: Wed June 26, 2013 2:34 am 
Future Drummer

Probably one of the more disturbing things that I've read. And reinforces a fear I have with women. Diaz's character will be remembered for this one.

PostPosted: Wed June 26, 2013 8:41 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Harry Lime wrote:
Probably one of the more disturbing things that I've read. And reinforces a fear I have with women. Diaz's character will be remembered for this one.

What's all this about now?

PostPosted: Wed June 26, 2013 8:58 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

durdencommatyler wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:

I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.

PostPosted: Wed June 26, 2013 9:07 pm 
Future Drummer

durdencommatyler wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:

The lawyer, Fassbender, gets involved in the dangerous world of drug trafficing near the border, ignoring the ominous warnings of Pitt and Bardem. And Diaz's character...god, I don't even like talking about her. You want a femme fatale for the 21st century, here she is. Goddamn.

You want the script?

PostPosted: Wed June 26, 2013 9:55 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Harry Lime wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:

The lawyer, Fassbender, gets involved in the dangerous world of drug trafficing near the border, ignoring the ominous warnings of Pitt and Bardem. And Diaz's character...god, I don't even like talking about her. You want a femme fatale for the 21st century, here she is. Goddamn.

You want the script?

You sent it to me. I've read it. I was just curious what you meant by "reinforces a fear I have with women."

Also, I don't think Malkina is all that shocking or whatever. And I'm really worried about Diaz acting her.

PostPosted: Wed June 26, 2013 10:03 pm 
Future Drummer

durdencommatyler wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:

You want the script?

You sent it to me. I've read it. I was just curious what you meant by "reinforces a fear I have with women."

Also, I don't think Malkina is all that shocking or whatever. And I'm really worried about Diaz acting her.

Her last speech? Still haunts me. Maybe because I'm afraid it's true or because someone like her can get away with it, and because I used to know a girl just like her. Ruined me emotionally And Diaz will be fine.

PostPosted: Wed June 26, 2013 10:06 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Harry Lime wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:

You want the script?

Her last speech? Still haunts me. Maybe because I'm afraid it's true or because someone like her can get away with it, and because I used to know a girl just like her. Ruined me emotionally And Diaz will be fine.

Oh, she's twisted. But with everything else going on, it's nothing that really got to me.

I hope you're right. But Diaz is so uninteresting to me as an actress. I think she's usually pretty terrible. But the rest of the cast thrills me and I'm excited to see how Ridley translates the words. I hope it's not too pretty.

Still, I'm excited for this thing.

PostPosted: Wed June 26, 2013 10:15 pm 
Future Drummer

durdencommatyler wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:

You want the script?

Oh, she's twisted. But with everything else going on, it's nothing that really got to me.

I hope you're right. But Diaz is so uninteresting to me as an actress. I think she's usually pretty terrible. But the rest of the cast thrills me and I'm excited to see how Ridley translates the words. I hope it's not too pretty.

Spoiler: show
It's been a year since I read it, but I thought Malkina had a hand in "everything else that was going on"? That coupled with her last speech

PostPosted: Wed June 26, 2013 10:17 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Harry Lime wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:

You want the script?

It's been a year since I read it, but I thought Malkina had a hand in "everything else that was going on"? That coupled with her last speech

I got that feeling, too. But the script is disjointed and there are some weird typos that had me kinda confused. But, yes, I think you're right. Though, the total extent of her involvement is still a little hazy to me. I'm hoping seeing it will clarify some stuff for me. And it's been a while since I read it also.

PostPosted: Wed June 26, 2013 10:38 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

That poster really doesn't fit the script that I read.

PostPosted: Fri June 28, 2013 12:51 pm 
Future Drummer

durdencommatyler wrote:
That poster really doesn't fit the script that I read.

Yeah. It reminds me of those amateur posters made by fanboys who know nothing about the actual story. There is a fan made teaser for Nolan's Interstellar (of course a Nolan fan) and the person took images from Apollo 13. I dislike those people.

PostPosted: Thu August 08, 2013 2:43 am 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Thu August 08, 2013 3:03 am 
Future Drummer

I was hesitant in posting that, because it looks shitty compared to the teaser.

PostPosted: Thu August 08, 2013 2:01 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

The script is a bit of a mess and it looks like the film will be too. I hope I'm wrong. I still really want to see it.

PostPosted: Wed August 21, 2013 3:07 am 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Sun August 25, 2013 8:37 pm 
Future Drummer

These last two trailers have been killing this movie for me. And I might be wrong about Diaz, she doesn't look too good in the role. When the news first came out they said Penelope Cruz was going to playing Malkina and that would have been nice.

PostPosted: Sun August 25, 2013 8:39 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Harry Lime wrote:
Probably one of the more disturbing things that I've read. And reinforces a fear I have with women.

Solid bump

PostPosted: Sun August 25, 2013 8:41 pm 
Future Drummer

theplatypus wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:
Probably one of the more disturbing things that I've read. And reinforces a fear I have with women.

Solid bump

It's every man's fear, "good sir".

PostPosted: Sun August 25, 2013 8:47 pm 
Future Drummer

Actually, I'm willing to wager that this will showcase one of the more empowering female characters in the movies. I just hope Diaz can pull it off.

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment