Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: I Will Walk Into Your Garden ing Thread

Sat August 05, 2023 12:45 am

Those who have grown jalapeños, how do you know when to pick them? Do they change color from green?

Sat August 05, 2023 12:48 am

Yeah they can start to turn red. Once you see a little cracking towards the stem, pick them

Sat August 05, 2023 1:39 am

doug rr wrote:
96583UP wrote:still waiting for deets on your stuffing approach

oh yeah, sorry I forgot..nothing special..just the usual mascarpone stuffed inside and pan fried in oil and some egg wash..might have some tonight

grazie

Sat August 05, 2023 1:40 am

my corn stalks are producing this year

tall af

like 8 feet

i water them like crazy

first corn harvested was long and thin but tasty

carrots doing well too

first tomato plant spotted - a castaway growing by the pool equipment - amidst a sea of tomatillos - also growing at random

i love it

random tomatillo forest

like 8 plants

Sat August 05, 2023 1:43 am

My tomato plants look like they’re on steroids this year. I didn’t do anything different other than more regular pruning.

Sat August 05, 2023 1:51 am

tragabigzanda wrote:My tomato plants look like they’re on steroids this year. I didn’t do anything different other than more regular pruning.

Mrs Wease’s died. We think too much rain killed them. Our okra plant is still alive but nothings’s come up on it yet.

Thanks Ruddo.

Sat August 05, 2023 2:30 am

Could be too much water, but they’re also nitrogen hungry, so it could maybe be that too much rain washed all the N away

Sat August 05, 2023 2:34 am

96583UP wrote:my corn stalks are producing this year

tall af

like 8 feet

i water them like crazy

first corn harvested was long and thin but tasty

carrots doing well too

first tomato plant spotted - a castaway growing by the pool equipment - amidst a sea of tomatillos - also growing at random

i love it

random tomatillo forest

like 8 plants

I thought you live in a high rise apartment in Harlem

Sat August 05, 2023 11:06 am

only when I am on-site being filmed for And One videos

Sat August 05, 2023 11:07 am

might transplant the tomato plant to make him real people

or should i let him just keep growing rogue

Mon August 21, 2023 1:53 pm

harvested a corn ear from the garden and had it for breakfast

turned out great

key this year seems to be watering

constant watering

Mon August 21, 2023 1:54 pm

You like to get wet numbers?

Mon August 21, 2023 2:01 pm

wayne brady

makes

bryant gumble

look like malcolm x

Mon August 21, 2023 2:35 pm

Dave, hos, hos, Dave

Fri August 25, 2023 8:14 pm

My mower is in the shop so I had to hire a service to come and do a mow. First off, the guy rescheduled both Wed and Thurs due to the heat, then comes out today and does the worst mowing job ever. Like, nevermind the patches he missed - he missed entire parts of the yard. So now it’s back to the drawing board as my mower is probably another week or two from being fixed.

I may just see if I can borrow a neighbor’s mower, pay them for gas, and do it myself. That’d be less work than trying to find someone who will do it again.

Fri August 25, 2023 8:50 pm

spike wrote:My mower is in the shop so I had to hire a service to come and do a mow. First off, the guy rescheduled both Wed and Thurs due to the heat, then comes out today and does the worst mowing job ever. Like, nevermind the patches he missed - he missed entire parts of the yard. So now it’s back to the drawing board as my mower is probably another week or two from being fixed.

I may just see if I can borrow a neighbor’s mower, pay them for gas, and do it myself. That’d be less work than trying to find someone who will do it again.

Here me out Spike: You could just let it grow a little extra long this week

Fri August 25, 2023 8:54 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
spike wrote:My mower is in the shop so I had to hire a service to come and do a mow. First off, the guy rescheduled both Wed and Thurs due to the heat, then comes out today and does the worst mowing job ever. Like, nevermind the patches he missed - he missed entire parts of the yard. So now it’s back to the drawing board as my mower is probably another week or two from being fixed.

It’d already been several weeks, and lots of it is thick. It’d be an absolute nightmare if I let it go too long.

Fri August 25, 2023 8:57 pm

Ugh my fantasy draft is in a few hours and now this debacle is lording over my thoughts. That useless asshole is going to cost me a Super Bowl.

Fri August 25, 2023 9:04 pm

eh, just let it go. by that i mean, just auto-draft your team and never make any changes during the season.

it'll be fine.

trust me.

Fri August 25, 2023 9:10 pm

spike wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

It’d already been several weeks, and lots of it is thick. It’d be an absolute nightmare if I let it go too long.

By "in the shop" I assume it's a rider, how many acres?
I'm trying to get at least once a week in this summer, with all the rain it has definitely been necessary.
Post a reply