The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 352 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Apple TV+
PostPosted: Mon February 21, 2022 5:56 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

tragabigzanda wrote:
:thumbsup: Bradley's storyline was the worst part of the season, if they can get her back on track I think things will be ok.

Think they should focus more on the tv show, and less on featuring every part of cancel culture (the good and bad, logical and illogical).

PostPosted: Mon February 21, 2022 6:03 pm 
The Master

Anders wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
:thumbsup: Bradley's storyline was the worst part of the season, if they can get her back on track I think things will be ok.

Think they should focus more on the tv show, and less on featuring every part of cancel culture (the good and bad, logical and illogical).

I liked how they delved into the subtleties, like with Yanko and Claire's relationship. But I agree that the heart of the show happens at the TV studio. Everything with Mia Jordan was excellent, and that was like 99.9% at the studio.

PostPosted: Mon February 21, 2022 6:14 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I thought trying to get into the nuances of "cancel culture" was a good impulse, but the execution was hamfisted. "Bradley's queer, actually" was even worse, just totally on the nose and conveniently plotted drama, and as other folks here said the brother shit was so fucking boring, but I would argue that the misuse of the Cory character was the worst part of season two--obviously his role needs to change given what happened in season one but to go from his little chaos goblin energy into "I love you Bradley Jackson" was a big disappointment.

I don't have any faith this show will get back on track for the simple reason that it was purchased on a two season deal. Season two was not like, "oh shit, we told our story and now we're in bonus time, now what?" The inclusion of COVID indicates of course that the exact storyline wasn't planned in advance but you'd expect a show that knew it would get a second season to have a better sense of who its characters are, why they behave the way they do, etc. I don't feel like they have that, at least not with Cory or Bradley. I'll probably watch season three because it's fun to see Jennifer Aniston just play everything at a ten all the time but this show fell really far in my estimation

PostPosted: Mon February 21, 2022 6:16 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Though, actually, we tried to watch both the Paul Rudd show and the Joseph Gordon-Levitt show and they were both dogshit. Season two of Ted Lasso also sucked. So maybe this is just what Apple does.

PostPosted: Mon February 21, 2022 6:24 pm 
The Master

Mickey wrote:
Though, actually, we tried to watch both the Paul Rudd show and the Joseph Gordon-Levitt show and they were both dogshit. Season two of Ted Lasso also sucked. So maybe this is just what Apple does.

you shut your mouth!

PostPosted: Mon February 21, 2022 6:30 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I agree with both of you here. Mia Jordan should be featured a lot more, probably the best part of the show.

PostPosted: Mon February 21, 2022 6:57 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

tragabigzanda wrote:
Mickey wrote:

you shut your mouth!

Okay I should say, large portions of season two sucked. They brought it back in the end and I'm excited for season three but there were multiple episodes that were like network TV dull.

PostPosted: Mon February 21, 2022 7:08 pm 
The Master

The first half of S2 could have been condensed into 1-2 episodes I think

PostPosted: Mon February 21, 2022 7:11 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Yes absolutely

PostPosted: Mon February 21, 2022 9:36 pm 
Major Dude

tragabigzanda wrote:
Mickey wrote:

you shut your mouth!

What the fuck?!?

Goddammit Mickey

PostPosted: Mon February 21, 2022 11:55 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

This is not a controversial opinion, reviewers in a number of major outlets noted that the middle chunk of the season was plodding and lacked a lot of the spark of S1.

PostPosted: Tue February 22, 2022 2:18 am 
Major Dude

Since when did you start paying attention to reviewers?

PostPosted: Tue February 22, 2022 4:02 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Since it's all my Google algorithm feeds me anymore.

PostPosted: Tue February 22, 2022 1:45 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Dickinson really stuck the landing. The final two episodes were among the very best of the whole series.

But I'm glad it's done. Three seasons was more than enough, especially since they had such struggles really nailing the tone consistently.

PostPosted: Fri March 04, 2022 3:27 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Finally catching up on The Morning Show. All I have left is the finale of S2. Jesus this show is so frustrating and inconsistent!

PostPosted: Fri March 04, 2022 4:58 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Fully agree.

PostPosted: Mon March 07, 2022 5:05 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

started The After Party. about three episodes in. it's good.

PostPosted: Mon March 07, 2022 5:24 pm 
The Master

epilogue wrote:
Finally catching up on The Morning Show. All I have left is the finale of S2. Jesus this show is so frustrating and inconsistent!

Yessir. Would be interested to hear your thoughts once you're done.

Also, did you ever finish Insecure? I made a big post when I finished it a couple weeks ago, was hoping to hear your take on any of it -- especially if you disagree!

PostPosted: Tue March 08, 2022 8:07 pm 
Future Drummer

Two episodes into Severance and it's weird, but very interesting, to me.

PostPosted: Fri March 11, 2022 8:30 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

tragabigzanda wrote:
epilogue wrote:

Yessir. Would be interested to hear your thoughts once you're done.

Also, did you ever finish Insecure? I made a big post when I finished it a couple weeks ago, was hoping to hear your take on any of it -- especially if you disagree!

The finale of Morning Show S2 was awful. It's like it was made by 100 different people in 100 different locations who never spoke to each other. Man. I want to like it. There are so many talented people involved. Between the last two episodes, the goddamn Italy episode, and the first episode of S2... this season was a train wreck. Even more bizarre and uneven than S1 and with only a couple of episodes to try and redeem it. And the end of S1, I didn't think we needed a S2.

I was right.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 352 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment