The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (11/11/22)
PostPosted: Fri December 02, 2022 2:52 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

I watched this!

I didn't really like it

My observations below

Spoiler: show
- I can't believe how long and boring it felt. It just kept going and going and going. There was no need for the Julia Louis Dreyfus / Martin Freeman stuff. Cut that shit out.
- It also has that problem where the filmmakers feel the need to very explicitly wrap up every single plot thread to the point where it keeps going another 10-15 minutes past the logical closure point.
- Angela Bassett was really good in this. Like really, really good. Maybe best performance by any actor in a Marvel thing?
- M'Baku is my favorite character, I lit up every time he was on screen. Absolute badass. Give him a show.
- Also can't believe how cheap, small, and ugly looking the sets and overall production design were. That cave where they kept Shuri in the underwater kingdom looked like something out of Power Rangers. Wakanda looked grand and impressive in the first movie, here it just looked like a hastily assembled chroma'd-in digital landscape.
- The scene where Shuri solves the big plot problem by creating a synthetic version of the Black Panther plant via the power of quick montages reminded me of how Tony Stark quickly created a new element in Iron Man 2, or how he quickly figured out time travel in Endgame.
- I laughed out loud when they revealed how Namor got his name. "El niño siN AMOR." Hilariously nonsensical and lame as hell.
- Shuri is very unlikeable and I got excited when I thought they might actually kill her. That would've been an interesting choice. Wipe out the entire royal family, let Nakia or one of the Dora ladies take over as Black Panther.
- Namor's great conviction and resolve sure turned quickly. It feels like the plot hinged on his absolute need to kill the scientist girl but he was talked out of it very easily? I guess he was on the verge of dying.
- As unlikeable as I find her, at least Shuri wanted something. She had a motivation. She was a character who was driven by something. You can't really say the same thing about T'Challa in the first BP film, he was a fully reactive character and only compelling due to Chadick Boseman's natural charisma.

PostPosted: Fri December 02, 2022 3:33 am 
Rank This Poster

Jorge wrote:
I watched this!

I didn't really like it

My observations below

Spoiler: show
- I can't believe how long and boring it felt. It just kept going and going and going. There was no need for the Julia Louis Dreyfus / Martin Freeman stuff. Cut that shit out.
- It also has that problem where the filmmakers feel the need to very explicitly wrap up every single plot thread to the point where it keeps going another 10-15 minutes past the logical closure point.
- Angela Bassett was really good in this. Like really, really good. Maybe best performance by any actor in a Marvel thing?
- M'Baku is my favorite character, I lit up every time he was on screen. Absolute badass. Give him a show.
- Also can't believe how cheap, small, and ugly looking the sets and overall production design were. That cave where they kept Shuri in the underwater kingdom looked like something out of Power Rangers. Wakanda looked grand and impressive in the first movie, here it just looked like a hastily assembled chroma'd-in digital landscape.
- The scene where Shuri solves the big plot problem by creating a synthetic version of the Black Panther plant via the power of quick montages reminded me of how Tony Stark quickly created a new element in Iron Man 2, or how he quickly figured out time travel in Endgame.
- I laughed out loud when they revealed how Namor got his name. "El niño siN AMOR." Hilariously nonsensical and lame as hell.
- Shuri is very unlikeable and I got excited when I thought they might actually kill her. That would've been an interesting choice. Wipe out the entire royal family, let Nakia or one of the Dora ladies take over as Black Panther.
- Namor's great conviction and resolve sure turned quickly. It feels like the plot hinged on his absolute need to kill the scientist girl but he was talked out of it very easily? I guess he was on the verge of dying.
- As unlikeable as I find her, at least Shuri wanted something. She had a motivation. She was a character who was driven by something. You can't really say the same thing about T'Challa in the first BP film, he was a fully reactive character and only compelling due to Chadick Boseman's natural charisma.

Try Willow. Start with the movie.

PostPosted: Fri December 02, 2022 4:28 am 
jeeeesus relax already

This thread bump reminded me of this piece of shit.

Glad that guardians 3 trailer looks like a real movie.

PostPosted: Fri December 02, 2022 5:00 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

VinylGuy wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri December 02, 2022 2:55 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

VinylGuy wrote:

You are a niño siN AMOR

PostPosted: Fri December 02, 2022 3:08 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

el niño sin amor.....NAMOR

and that wasnt the worst thing about this movie. Hell, the trailer for Guardians 3 looks so fucking good, makes this shit even worst.

PostPosted: Sat December 03, 2022 12:27 am 
slower than 82% of US

Calling someone a child without love is such a clunky phrase

PostPosted: Sat December 03, 2022 12:30 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

It's not even a thing people say in Spanish. It's just a completely nonsensical phrase they threw in there to fit Namor's new Mesoamerican origin. But it makes no sense and sounds stupid as hell.

PostPosted: Tue December 06, 2022 11:56 pm 

boring movie

PostPosted: Tue December 06, 2022 11:59 pm 

I think I might finally be ready to let the MCU go. I'll look at another Spider-Man movie if they do one, but everything else since Endgame has been either tedious, pointless, or horrid and I don't really see that changing. It was a good run

PostPosted: Sat February 04, 2023 6:28 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment