Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Movie: Ad Astra (Brad Pitt)

Mon December 23, 2019 10:11 pm

dad wrote:Watched this last night, and it was...okay.

The biggest issue I have with it is when Pitt is trying to get back to the rocket/shuttle, and somehow managed to get through all the debris, and then got away as the nuke is going off. Too Hollywood of an ending. Too unrealistic. Everything else was good.

also, I never really introduced my self with proper message board etiquette, so here goes.

I'm Ron. Long time lerker, lover of Corduroy.

Welcome Ron.

Mon December 23, 2019 10:13 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:

The biggest issue I have with it is when Pitt is trying to get back to the rocket/shuttle, and somehow managed to get through all the debris, and then got away as the nuke is going off. Too Hollywood of an ending. Too unrealistic. Everything else was good.

also, I never really introduced my self with proper message board etiquette, so here goes.

Welcome Ron.

Always room for a long time lerker.

Mon December 23, 2019 10:20 pm

evenslow wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Welcome Ron.

I love a long time lerker

Mon December 23, 2019 10:28 pm

I was on the fence about this one. Didn't hate it. Didn't love it. The third act with the dad felt forced, but i liked other parts and felt like it had some interesting existential themes.

Tue December 24, 2019 3:36 am

durdencommatyler wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Welcome Ron.

I love a long time lerker

Thanks, all. I will lurk you long time, if I can even spell it correctly.

Tue December 24, 2019 3:37 am

Spelling is overrated

Tue December 24, 2019 3:40 am

BurtReynolds wrote:I was on the fence about this one. Didn't hate it. Didn't love it. The third act with the dad felt forced, but i liked other parts and felt like it had some interesting existential themes.

This sums up how I feel about. I think I was most intrigued about commercial travel to the moon.

Sat January 11, 2020 5:20 am

Finally saw it and glad I waited for streaming--Pitt was good but this movie was a turd.

Sun June 07, 2020 3:47 am

Watched this again tonight. This holds up well.

Sun June 07, 2020 3:48 am

It’s on HBO now, yeah?

Sun June 07, 2020 4:02 am

Yes

Sat August 14, 2021 12:04 am

This movie still holds up. Watched again the other day

Sat August 14, 2021 12:15 am

my wife's cousin, a twenty-something who loves watching movies, once referred to this as "dad Astra," and I'll never get it out of my head, username aside.
Post a reply