The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Movie: Ad Astra (Brad Pitt)
PostPosted: Mon December 23, 2019 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 24081
Location: Mizzou
dad wrote:
Watched this last night, and it was...okay.

The biggest issue I have with it is when Pitt is trying to get back to the rocket/shuttle, and somehow managed to get through all the debris, and then got away as the nuke is going off. Too Hollywood of an ending. Too unrealistic. Everything else was good.

also, I never really introduced my self with proper message board etiquette, so here goes.

I'm Ron. Long time lerker, lover of Corduroy.


Welcome Ron.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Movie: Ad Astra (Brad Pitt)
PostPosted: Mon December 23, 2019 10:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 8881
Location: unnamed mental hospital
Monkey_Driven wrote:
dad wrote:
Watched this last night, and it was...okay.

The biggest issue I have with it is when Pitt is trying to get back to the rocket/shuttle, and somehow managed to get through all the debris, and then got away as the nuke is going off. Too Hollywood of an ending. Too unrealistic. Everything else was good.

also, I never really introduced my self with proper message board etiquette, so here goes.

I'm Ron. Long time lerker, lover of Corduroy.


Welcome Ron.

Always room for a long time lerker.

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Movie: Ad Astra (Brad Pitt)
PostPosted: Mon December 23, 2019 10:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 84356
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
evenslow wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
dad wrote:
Watched this last night, and it was...okay.

The biggest issue I have with it is when Pitt is trying to get back to the rocket/shuttle, and somehow managed to get through all the debris, and then got away as the nuke is going off. Too Hollywood of an ending. Too unrealistic. Everything else was good.

also, I never really introduced my self with proper message board etiquette, so here goes.

I'm Ron. Long time lerker, lover of Corduroy.


Welcome Ron.

Always room for a long time lerker.

I love a long time lerker


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Movie: Ad Astra (Brad Pitt)
PostPosted: Mon December 23, 2019 10:28 pm 
Online
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 42546
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
I was on the fence about this one. Didn't hate it. Didn't love it. The third act with the dad felt forced, but i liked other parts and felt like it had some interesting existential themes.

_________________
That stroke of midday and of great decision that makes the will free again, which gives earth its purpose and man his hope again, this Antichrist and anti-nihilist, this conqueror of God and of nothingness – he must come one day...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Movie: Ad Astra (Brad Pitt)
PostPosted: Tue December 24, 2019 3:36 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri June 24, 2016 2:49 pm
Posts: 1715
durdencommatyler wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
dad wrote:
Watched this last night, and it was...okay.

The biggest issue I have with it is when Pitt is trying to get back to the rocket/shuttle, and somehow managed to get through all the debris, and then got away as the nuke is going off. Too Hollywood of an ending. Too unrealistic. Everything else was good.

also, I never really introduced my self with proper message board etiquette, so here goes.

I'm Ron. Long time lerker, lover of Corduroy.


Welcome Ron.

Always room for a long time lerker.

I love a long time lerker

Thanks, all. I will lurk you long time, if I can even spell it correctly.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Movie: Ad Astra (Brad Pitt)
PostPosted: Tue December 24, 2019 3:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 84356
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
Spelling is overrated


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Movie: Ad Astra (Brad Pitt)
PostPosted: Tue December 24, 2019 3:40 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri June 24, 2016 2:49 pm
Posts: 1715
BurtReynolds wrote:
I was on the fence about this one. Didn't hate it. Didn't love it. The third act with the dad felt forced, but i liked other parts and felt like it had some interesting existential themes.

This sums up how I feel about. I think I was most intrigued about commercial travel to the moon.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Movie: Ad Astra (Brad Pitt)
PostPosted: Sat January 11, 2020 5:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Tue December 24, 2019 4:29 am
Posts: 58
Finally saw it and glad I waited for streaming--Pitt was good but this movie was a turd.

_________________
A MICKEY SECOND ACCOUNT - PERMABANNED FROM RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Movie: Ad Astra (Brad Pitt)
PostPosted: Sun June 07, 2020 3:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 64332
Watched this again tonight. This holds up well.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Movie: Ad Astra (Brad Pitt)
PostPosted: Sun June 07, 2020 3:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38433
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
It’s on HBO now, yeah?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Movie: Ad Astra (Brad Pitt)
PostPosted: Sun June 07, 2020 4:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 64332
Yes

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu October 22, 2020 12:41 am