Red Mosquito
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/

It's HBO, Making You Miserable Again: Chernobyl (May 2019)
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13823
Page 1 of 8

Author:  Simple Torture [ Sat April 20, 2019 1:43 pm ]
Post subject:  It's HBO, Making You Miserable Again: Chernobyl (May 2019)

5-episode miniseries. I've read the Wikipedia page enough times to think this is going to be good.


Author:  Monkey_Driven [ Sat April 20, 2019 3:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: It's HBO, Making You Miserable Again: Chernobyl (May 201

Trailer looks bleak as hell, but good.

Author:  Bammer [ Sun April 21, 2019 10:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: It's HBO, Making You Miserable Again: Chernobyl (May 201

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Trailer looks bleak as hell, but good.

Bleak ... that’s surprising given the source material.

Author:  Monkey_Driven [ Mon April 22, 2019 2:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: It's HBO, Making You Miserable Again: Chernobyl (May 201

Bammer wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Trailer looks bleak as hell, but good.

Bleak ... that’s surprising given the source material.


Well, of course.

Author:  BurtReynolds [ Mon April 22, 2019 2:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: It's HBO, Making You Miserable Again: Chernobyl (May 201

This is my paradise

Author:  bune [ Mon April 22, 2019 3:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: It's HBO, Making You Miserable Again: Chernobyl (May 201

bune wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I'm not convinced that it looks "great." But I am interested. For sure.

I've been a fan of Dumbledore's kid since Fringe so I'm stoked.

Author:  Biff Pocoroba [ Mon April 22, 2019 4:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: It's HBO, Making You Miserable Again: Chernobyl (May 201

BurtReynolds wrote:
This is my paradise


The area has turned into a quite a wildlife reserve in the years since, even if very radioactive.

Author:  Orpheus [ Mon April 22, 2019 6:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: It's HBO, Making You Miserable Again: Chernobyl (May 201

I'm so, so excited for this.

Author:  Simple Torture [ Mon May 06, 2019 3:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: It's HBO, Making You Miserable Again: Chernobyl (May 201

Premieres tomorrow (Monday 5/6) at 9pm Eastern

Author:  washing machine [ Mon May 06, 2019 3:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: It's HBO, Making You Miserable Again: Chernobyl (May 201

I am looking forward to this.

Author:  bune [ Mon May 06, 2019 9:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: It's HBO, Making You Miserable Again: Chernobyl (May 201


Author:  washing machine [ Mon May 06, 2019 9:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: It's HBO, Making You Miserable Again: Chernobyl (May 201

That reminds me, because I can't ask in the GoT thread until I watch this week's episode, but what ever happened to that stupid After the Thrones recap show during that one season?

Author:  Simple Torture [ Mon May 06, 2019 9:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: It's HBO, Making You Miserable Again: Chernobyl (May 201

washing machine wrote:
That reminds me, because I can't ask in the GoT thread until I watch this week's episode, but what ever happened to that stupid After the Thrones recap show during that one season?

No longer an official HBO product, but The Ringer does it on Twitter after the show airs.

Author:  washing machine [ Mon May 06, 2019 10:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: It's HBO, Making You Miserable Again: Chernobyl (May 201

Simple Torture wrote:
washing machine wrote:
That reminds me, because I can't ask in the GoT thread until I watch this week's episode, but what ever happened to that stupid After the Thrones recap show during that one season?

No longer an official HBO product, but The Ringer does it on Twitter after the show airs.

Ah. I'm very relived to hear that. The fact that it popped up out of nowhere in S5 or whenever then just disappeared always bugged me.

Author:  washing machine [ Mon May 06, 2019 10:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: It's HBO, Making You Miserable Again: Chernobyl (May 201

Anyway...Chernobyl. I'm a fan already.

Author:  Simple Torture [ Mon May 06, 2019 10:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: It's HBO, Making You Miserable Again: Chernobyl (May 201

washing machine wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
washing machine wrote:
That reminds me, because I can't ask in the GoT thread until I watch this week's episode, but what ever happened to that stupid After the Thrones recap show during that one season?

No longer an official HBO product, but The Ringer does it on Twitter after the show airs.

Ah. I'm very relived to hear that. The fact that it popped up out of nowhere in S5 or whenever then just disappeared always bugged me.

That was around the time The Ringer launched, and HBO was an initial investor in it (you see that disclosure statement at the bottom of every article on the site dealing with an HBO product). It is much, much better suited for social media than on TV.

Author:  Simple Torture [ Mon May 06, 2019 10:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: It's HBO, Making You Miserable Again: Chernobyl (May 201

washing machine wrote:
Anyway...Chernobyl. I'm a fan already.

Yeah, I am excited. There are certain parts of the story that I've read about that I'm very excited to see depicted. I won't spoil any of them, but I will mention them here when/if they come up.

Author:  washing machine [ Mon May 06, 2019 10:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: It's HBO, Making You Miserable Again: Chernobyl (May 201

Simple Torture wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Anyway...Chernobyl. I'm a fan already.

Yeah, I am excited. There are certain parts of the story that I've read about that I'm very excited to see depicted. I won't spoil any of them, but I will mention them here when/if they come up.

Unlikely that we would see a Twin Peaks The Return Episode 8 caliber event in this mini series, but I'm still crossing my fingers for something like that.

Author:  Orpheus [ Wed May 08, 2019 3:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: It's HBO, Making You Miserable Again: Chernobyl (May 201

First episode was great. What a complete and total nightmare.

Author:  washing machine [ Wed May 08, 2019 6:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: It's HBO, Making You Miserable Again: Chernobyl (May 201

Orpheus wrote:
First episode was great. What a complete and total nightmare.

It was so horrifying that afterwards the sound of popping popcorn from the kitchen nearly made me ill. Looking forward to seeing the aftermath play out.

Not looking forward to an upcoming scene I accidentally read about in the reviews that has to do with
Spoiler: show
pets.

Page 1 of 8 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/