The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official RM Game of Thrones Season 8 Predictions Thread
PostPosted: Fri April 12, 2019 6:00 pm 
mXn

Simple Torture wrote:
ruddo's post should remind everyone to get their picks in by 12:00PM EDT on Sunday! If you've submitted picks that are underhanded (bammer) or can have some revisions (daft twat), you can edit them until Sunday, too.

I guarantee I will place in the top 5

PostPosted: Sat April 13, 2019 3:59 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

24 hours, ballbags.

PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2019 1:00 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Willing to extend this into the afternoon, if anyone else interested.

PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2019 2:00 pm 
Future Drummer

doone's Game of Thrones Predictions

1. When the credits roll after SE08EP06, the recognized ruler of the Seven Kingdoms will be: Gendry (10 pts)

2. When the credits roll after SE08EP06, the following three characters will still be alive: Sansa, Bran (in a tree but still alive), Tyrion (3 pts each)

3. When the credits roll after SE08EP06, the following three characters (who are alive at the start of Season 8) will be dead: Jorah, Jaime, Euron (3 pts each)

4. When the credits roll after SE08EP06, how many dragons will still be alive? (Note: for the purposes of this question, wight-dragons count as alive): 0 for 3 (5 points)

5. Will the following minor or missing-for-a-while characters appear on-screen at any point during Season 8? (1 pt each): Hot Pie (no); Quaithe (no); Daario Naharis (yes); Illyrio Mopatis (no); Jaqen H'ghar (yes, his face will appear but I don't know who'll be wearing it); Salladhor Saan (yes)

6. Which assumed-dead character will return on-screen (in the present timeline) in Season 8? (note: returning as a wight counts) : Stannis(10 pts)

7. Will any named character be raised from the dead (either through praying to the Red God, being raised as a wight, or some other method) during Season 8? yes (5 pts) Hodor (BONUS: +10 points if you predict "yes" and correctly guess the character)

8. Will any White Walkers speak during Season 8? yes (3 pts)

9. Will there be a Trial By Combat in the final season? no (3 pts) (BONUS: +10 points if you predict "yes" and correctly guess at least one of the combatants [+15 if you guess both!])

10. Will the Night's Watch exist at the end of the series? yes (3 pts)

Final Question (no points, for funsies): Make a bold prediction about the final season that is not covered in any question above and can't really be measured on a right/wrong scale. Some prompts to get you started: how do you think the arc of the final season will play out? Are there going to be any swerves to the living vs. dead war that the series has been building towards? If you could end the series in a satisfying way for yourself, what would it be?
I have no idea where this is going and I like it :D

PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2019 3:03 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Sorry guys, over 24 hours in airports and planes due to nightmare delays. I'm just getting home and going to bed. Good luck everyone

PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2019 3:10 pm 
mXn

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Sorry guys, over 24 hours in airports and planes due to nightmare delays. I'm just getting home and going to bed. Good luck everyone

Oh just puke out some answers like I did.

PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2019 3:11 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

So, this thing is pretty close, huh? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2019 1:04 am 
Looks Like a Cat

There is but one prediction I am willing to take to the bank tonight:

This episode begins with a cold open close-up of the crumbling wall. As it all crashes down and the rubble settles, the camera pans out to a shot of the disembodied ghost head of Ned Stark rising from the calamity and floating southward to the Winterfell crypt, where it rejoins with the rotting corpus, restoring Ned to full health. As hand reaches for sword, ravens descend and the title credits begin.

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2019 1:05 am 
Looks Like a Cat

I'm at work all night though so please do not confirm or deny the above prediction.

PostPosted: Tue April 16, 2019 7:16 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Let's see how I did:
Simple Torture wrote:
As I've guessed before, I think the title of this episode will be "Queen's Right" and will focus on the aftermath of Dany, her dragons, and her armies arriving in Winterfell. As we saw in one of the teasers, Sansa will welcome Dany in public, but in private she is going to tear into Jon for basically ceding the North to a Southern house. There will be an exchange between the two of them that will sound almost exactly like this: "Sansa, we have to work with her, she's the queen--" / "She might be your queen, Jon, but she's not mine."

Wrong on the title, and I don't think I should get too much credit for describing the scene of Dany & Co's arrival in Winterfell, since it was all over the trailer. Jon and Sansa's dialogue wasn't exactly what I predicted, but we knew that scene would unfold basically like that.

Quote:
Arya, who will of course be overjoyed to see her "brother" for the first time since SE01EP02, will be the one that sniffs out that he's in love with Dany (Sansa will be too wrapped up in the political implications to see it, but Arya will notice it almost immediately). In the end, they agree to table their disagreements until the whole zombie thing is sorted out, but their relationship continues to grow icy. A bunch of speeches are made about rallying the troops, preparing for battle, etc...

It was actually Sansa who knew right away that Jon is all up in Dany's business. I am shocked that more characters haven't already figured it out--just basically Sansa and Tyrion have a deep understanding that their relationship goes further, right? I was a little bit ahead of the show with the rallying speeches to bring people together, besides Tyrion's, which I am sure will not be the last of its kind.

Quote:
In the south, Cersei broods but not much happens in King's Landing. I don't expect the Golden Company to arrive in Episode 01, but perhaps she receives word of their impending arrival.

Cersei did basically the opposite of brooding in this episode--she was practically glowing. Moved along a lot faster than I thought it would.
Quote:
Jaime doesn't arrive in Winterfell during the first episode, but we may see him on the road.
Also moved along a lot faster than I thought it would.
Quote:
We see Theon on a boat. Maybe we get confirmation of where Yara is being held.
Also moved along very quickly.
Quote:
We don't see a White Walker or a wight in Episode 1. Maybe at the very end of Episode 02.
No White Walkers, and just that one wight at the end. I still don't think we'll see more more until the end of episode 2.
Quote:
Finally, throughout the episode, Sam tries to get Jon's attention. Jon hasn't seen Sam since the end of Season 05 (before his murder), so they're both happy to see each other, but Jon doesn't really have time to talk. "But, Jon, I really need to speak with you." Still, Jon puts it off. It's not until he realizes that Sam and Bran want to see him together that he gives them a few minutes of his time. The episode ends with a cliffhanger as he walks towards the tree in the Godswood to speak with Bran.
Wish I had thought about this more and guessed this would've happened in the crypts--that was stupid of me. Also happened a beat faster than I expected.

So things are moving swiftly. My predictions for Episode 2 in the next post!

PostPosted: Tue April 16, 2019 7:45 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Here are my predictions for Season 8 Episode 2, which I think is going to be titled "Family, Duty, Honor."

Considering how quickly things moved in Episode 1, I am going to predict a breakneck speed continues for Episode 2. With that in mind, here are 5 things I am pretty sure will happen:

1. Jaime will be put on trial--formerly or informally--for regicide. Dany will ask him to answer for killing her father, and Sansa will ask him to answer for his involvement in Robb's death. This will actually lead to Dany and Sansa bonding a little, defrosting some of their tension from Episode 1. Dany relents at the very last moment, because she knows they need all the fighting men they can get in order to win.

2. Jon reveals his lineage to Dany in this episode, but asks her to tell no one. He tells her that it will be a distraction, that they just need to survive, and if they both make it out the other side, she can have the throne and he will retreat to the north and live the rest of his days with this secret.

3. We spend less time in King's Landing in this episode, but we start to get a feeling that things aren't what they appear to be. I don't have a solid prediction here, but I think something happens that demonstrates the Golden Company may not be as loyal to Cersei as they appear (the long game here: Euron has paid the Golden Company himself so that they are loyal to him--he hopes to impregnate Cersei, knock her off when the child is born, and then and then rule himself).

4. The Battle of Winterfell begins in this episode. I think everyone expects it to run the course of Episode 3, but with the accelerated timeline this season, it would make the most sense for some arrows and trebuchets to fly--at the very least--before Episode 2 ends. I am still of the mind that the battle will not be what we're expecting, but I think we will see it begin here.

5. A named character will die in this episode. Named characters do die this early in GOT, especially in the backhalf of the series. Notable Episode 2 deaths include: Hoster Tully (Season 3), Joffrey (Season 4), Roose Bolton (Season 6), Balon Greyjoy (Season 6), two Sand Snakes (Season 7). If someone is going to go down, it would probably be of that caliber, even though we don't have many of them left. I'm thinking someone in the Dolorous-Edd-strata of characters (and we see Tormund arriving at Winterfell in the preview, but not Edd...)

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2019 6:08 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I answered "no" to whether or not Quaithe would re-appear. But then she showed up in the Previously On and now I'm like... :shock:

They tip their hand all the time in those Previously On segments.

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2019 6:23 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Simple Torture wrote:
1. Jaime will be put on trial--formerly or informally--for regicide. Dany will ask him to answer for killing her father, and Sansa will ask him to answer for his involvement in Robb's death.

wasn't this in the preview?

PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2019 6:34 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
1. Jaime will be put on trial--formerly or informally--for regicide. Dany will ask him to answer for killing her father, and Sansa will ask him to answer for his involvement in Robb's death.

wasn't this in the preview?

Yes, but I think my prediction is more of the back half---that is, that Dany and Sansa will bond over this and not be so stand-offish.

Another road: Dany actually does sentence Jaime to do, and this is the moment Jon decides to reveal his lineage to her. We already know he's troubled by what happened to Sam's family, and doesn't want to see it happen to Tyrion's. Basically, he pulls rank.

PostPosted: Tue April 23, 2019 3:48 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Battle of Winterfell Prediction Mini-Game

The following characters are confirmed to be alive and present for the Battle of Winterfell: Jon, Dany, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Jaime, Tyrion, Brienne, Pod, Davos, Sam, Edd, Tormund, The Hound, Beric, Gendry, Gilly, Little Sam, Jorah, Missandei, Grey Worm, Varys, Drogon, Rhaegal, Theon, Lyanna, Ghost, Yohn Royce, Maester Wolkan, Qhono

The goal here is simple: predict who lives and who dies. You only have those two options--if someone dies but is raised as a wight, they count as dead. If somone dies but it raised (via the Red God's magic or what have you) after the battle, they count as a battlefield death (in the off chance that someone dies and is raised during the battle...we will deal with that later). If a character's fate is unclear, we simply do not count them as either. If the battle extends into Season 8 Episode 4, we will tally the results after that episode. 1 point for each correct guess.

Template:

Quote:
[User Name's] Battle of Winterfell Predictions
Survives:

Dies:

PostPosted: Tue April 23, 2019 3:52 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

theyplatypus's Battle of Winterfell Predictions
Survives: Jon, Dany, Brienne, Pod, Davos, Sam, Edd, Gendry, Gilly, Little Sam, Jorah, Missandei, Grey Worm, Varys, Drogon, Rhaegal, Theon, Lyanna, Ghost, Yohn Royce, Qhono

Dies: Sansa, Arya, Bran, Jaime, Tyrion, Tormund, The Hound, Beric, Maester Wolkan

PostPosted: Tue April 23, 2019 3:53 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

I don't watch this show

PostPosted: Tue April 23, 2019 3:59 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

I so, so want you to win this.

PostPosted: Tue April 23, 2019 4:11 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

I wanna try! I don't watch the show either. Haven't seen one episode. I spent way too much time on this just now.

tree_'s Battle of Winterfell Predictions

Dies: Grey Worm, Rhaegal, Ghost, Qhono, Tormund, Gendry, Little Sam, Missandei, Varys, Drogon, Theon, Jon, Dany, Brienne, Pod

Survives: The Hound, Bran, Maester Wolkan, Sansa, Arya, Jaime, Tyrion, Davos, Sam, Edd, Lyanna, Yohn Royce, Gilly, Jorah

PostPosted: Tue April 23, 2019 4:18 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

tree_ wrote:
I wanna try! I don't watch the show either. Haven't seen one episode. I spent way too much time on this just now.

tree_'s Battle of Winterfell Predictions

Dies: Grey Worm, Rhaegal, Ghost, Qhono, Tormund, Gendry, Little Sam, Missandei, Varys, Drogon, Theon, Jon, Dany, Brienne, Pod

Survives: The Hound, Bran, Maester Wolkan, Sansa, Arya, Jaime, Tyrion, Davos, Sam, Edd, Lyanna, Yohn Royce, Gilly, Jorah

You forgot Beric, feel free to slide him him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment