The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official RM Game of Thrones Season 8 Predictions Thread
PostPosted: Wed April 10, 2019 3:45 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Bold Predictions:Dany kills Jon

What?!

Oh just you wait.

Jon has plot armor. He's gonna live baby.

He wants to die. He never wanted to be brought back. The story doesn't need him in order to resolve. Also, it could be about the only thing that's "SHOCKING" that the show has left. Like you, most people think he he's safe.

Makes all the sense in the world that Jon will die. To me, that isn't the bold part of my prediction.

PostPosted: Wed April 10, 2019 3:47 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

1. When the credits roll after SE08EP06, the recognized ruler of the Seven Kingdoms will be: Dany

2. When the credits roll after SE08EP06, the following three characters will still be alive: Tyrion, Varys, Sansa

3. When the credits roll after SE08EP06, the following three characters will be dead: Jamie, Bronn, Cersei

4. When the credits roll after SE08EP06, how many dragons will still be alive? (Note: for the purposes of this question, wight-dragons count as alive): 0

5. Will the following minor or missing-for-a-while characters appear on-screen at any point during Season 8? (1 pt each): Hot Pie (no); Quaithe (yes); Daario Naharis (yes); Illyrio Mopatis (no); Jaqen H'ghar (yes); Salladhor Saan (yes)

6. Which assumed-dead character will return on-screen (in the present timeline) in Season 8? (note: returning as a wight counts) The Mountain as a wight

7. Will any named character be raised from the dead (either through praying to the Red God, being raised as a wight, or some other method) during Season 8? Yes, Ser Dantos

8. Will any White Walkers speak during Season 8? No

9. Will there be a Trial By Combat in the final season? no (3 pts) (BONUS: +10 points if you predict "yes" and correctly guess at least one of the combatants [+15 if you guess both!]) No

10. Will the Night's Watch the end of the series? No

Final Question (no points, for funsies): Joffrey's real name was actually Jeffrey.

PostPosted: Wed April 10, 2019 6:03 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

P.S., maximum number of points you can receive is 63 without bonus points (88 if all bonus points are scored).

PostPosted: Wed April 10, 2019 7:52 pm 
Major Dude

durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

What?!

Oh just you wait.

He wants to die. He never wanted to be brought back. The story doesn't need him in order to resolve. Also, it could be about the only thing that's "SHOCKING" that the show has left. Like you, most people think he he's safe.

Makes all the sense in the world that Jon will die. To me, that isn't the bold part of my prediction.

He wanted to die before he found himself within the fiery folds of his aunt’s honeypot.

PostPosted: Wed April 10, 2019 8:46 pm 
mXn

wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

What?!

Oh just you wait.

He wanted to die before he found himself within the fiery folds of his aunt’s honeypot.

Y'know he could have gone for the 2 hole and there is no baby on the way...

PostPosted: Wed April 10, 2019 9:43 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Don’t necessarily think there will be a ruler in the seven kingdoms at the end.

PostPosted: Wed April 10, 2019 10:18 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Chris_H_2 wrote:
danny's gonna get injured, be near death, and jon snow's going to finish her off to put her out of her misery.

PostPosted: Wed April 10, 2019 11:55 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Anders wrote:

"No one" is a perfectly fine answer to that question.

PostPosted: Thu April 11, 2019 2:33 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Simple Torture wrote:
Anders wrote:

Really? No one counts? Then, I'm changing my answer.

PostPosted: Thu April 11, 2019 2:46 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

durdencommatyler wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Anders wrote:

The past is already written. The ink is dry.

Just kidding, you can change it.

PostPosted: Thu April 11, 2019 2:58 am 
mXn

Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Anders wrote:

The past is already written. The ink is dry.

Just kidding, you can change it.

ST you have never fired anyone, have you

PostPosted: Thu April 11, 2019 3:15 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

[b][u]Bold Predictions
: The great war between the living and the dead ends not with a resounding victory for either side, but with a stalemate and a new pact. The White Walkers agree to return to the Land of Always Winter in return for Baby Sam, whom they believe belongs to them. Jon arranges the handoff, which brings him great shame and drives him into a self-imposed exile. Dany dies in childbirth and their child (daughter, probably) is the recognized ruler of the 7 Kingdoms, Tyrion rules as regent until she comes of age. Leaves the door open for a sequel series set 1000 years in the future where the Walkers decide, "Eh, fuck it, we're coming South again." It's Gilly, not Sam (who dies), who writes A Song of Ice and Fire, but when it's submitted to the Citadel it has his name on it because they wouldn't have accepted a history written by a woman.

I like this!

Since Jon and Dany share a bunch of DNA, I would also like to throw in (just because I can and this is for funsies) that their child ends up having dwarfism. Lots of people in the realm spread rumors about Dany and Tyrion doing the dirty, so while in general people accept it as the heir to the 7 kingdoms, there are some who believe it's illegitimate.

PostPosted: Thu April 11, 2019 2:58 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Let's get granular: here are my predictions for Season 08 Episode 01:

As I've guessed before, I think the title of this episode will be "Queen's Right" and will focus on the aftermath of Dany, her dragons, and her armies arriving in Winterfell. As we saw in one of the teasers, Sansa will welcome Dany in public, but in private she is going to tear into Jon for basically ceding the North to a Southern house. There will be an exchange between the two of them that will sound almost exactly like this: "Sansa, we have to work with her, she's the queen--" / "She might be your queen, Jon, but she's not mine." Arya, who will of course be overjoyed to see her "brother" for the first time since SE01EP02, will be the one that sniffs out that he's in love with Dany (Sansa will be too wrapped up in the political implications to see it, but Arya will notice it almost immediately). In the end, they agree to table their disagreements until the whole zombie thing is sorted out, but their relationship continues to grow icy. A bunch of speeches are made about rallying the troops, preparing for battle, etc...

In the south, Cersei broods but not much happens in King's Landing. I don't expect the Golden Company to arrive in Episode 01, but perhaps she receives word of their impending arrival.

Jaime doesn't arrive in Winterfell during the first episode, but we may see him on the road.

We see Theon on a boat. Maybe we get confirmation of where Yara is being held.

We don't see a White Walker or a wight in Episode 1. Maybe at the very end of Episode 02.

Finally, throughout the episode, Sam tries to get Jon's attention. Jon hasn't seen Sam since the end of Season 05 (before his murder), so they're both happy to see each other, but Jon doesn't really have time to talk. "But, Jon, I really need to speak with you." Still, Jon puts it off. It's not until he realizes that Sam and Bran want to see him together that he gives them a few minutes of his time. The episode ends with a cliffhanger as he walks towards the tree in the Godswood to speak with Bran.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

PostPosted: Thu April 11, 2019 3:25 pm 
mXn

Simple Torture wrote:

As I've guessed before, I think the title of this episode will be "Queen's Right" and will focus on the aftermath of Dany, her dragons, and her armies arriving in Winterfell. As we saw in one of the teasers, Sansa will welcome Dany in public, but in private she is going to tear into Jon for basically ceding the North to a Southern house. There will be an exchange between the two of them that will sound almost exactly like this: "Sansa, we have to work with her, she's the queen--" / "She might be your queen, Jon, but she's not mine." Arya, who will of course be overjoyed to see her "brother" for the first time since SE01EP02, will be the one that sniffs out that he's in love with Dany (Sansa will be too wrapped up in the political implications to see it, but Arya will notice it almost immediately). In the end, they agree to table their disagreements until the whole zombie thing is sorted out, but their relationship continues to grow icy. A bunch of speeches are made about rallying the troops, preparing for battle, etc...

In the south, Cersei broods but not much happens in King's Landing. I don't expect the Golden Company to arrive in Episode 01, but perhaps she receives word of their impending arrival.

Jaime doesn't arrive in Winterfell during the first episode, but we may see him on the road.

We don't see a White Walker or a wight in Episode 1. Maybe at the very end of Episode 02.

Finally, throughout the episode, Sam tries to get Jon's attention. Jon hasn't seen Sam since the end of Season 05 (before his murder), so they're both happy to see each other, but Jon doesn't really have time to talk. "But, Jon, I really need to speak with you." Still, Jon puts it off. It's not until he realizes that Sam and Bran want to see him together that he gives them a few minutes of his time. The episode ends with a cliffhanger as he walks towards the tree in the Godswood to speak with Bran.

Ok so who gets raped in this episode? You left that part out.

PostPosted: Thu April 11, 2019 3:32 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Bammer wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Ok so who gets raped in this episode? You left that part out.

Book readers.

PostPosted: Thu April 11, 2019 3:36 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

:haha:

PostPosted: Thu April 11, 2019 4:13 pm 
AnalLog

Simple Torture wrote:
Anders wrote:

so if it's Arya, you get points too?

PostPosted: Thu April 11, 2019 4:26 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

kreng wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Anders wrote:

so if it's Arya, you get points too?

Only if she rejoins the Faceless Men and renounces her name, smart guy.

PostPosted: Fri April 12, 2019 5:31 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I'll get my picks in tomorrow while I'm flying across the country.

PostPosted: Fri April 12, 2019 5:44 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

ruddo's post should remind everyone to get their picks in by 12:00PM EDT on Sunday! If you've submitted picks that are underhanded (bammer) or can have some revisions (daft twat), you can edit them until Sunday, too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment