Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 3 (5/5/23)

Fri March 15, 2019 6:30 pm

And just like that, James Gunn is back directing GoG

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 3

Fri March 15, 2019 7:54 pm

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/7xnj ... rvel-vgtrn

Sat March 16, 2019 11:27 am

what an exciting journey we've all been on.

This was the right decision. I'm glad it was made

Sat March 16, 2019 11:28 am

100% the right move.

Sat March 16, 2019 5:23 pm

yeah, they made a good choice. Its funny they have to wait for him until he finishes Suicide Squad 2.

Mon March 18, 2019 5:14 pm

One can dream, I guess.

Mon March 18, 2019 5:21 pm

I'm so excited for Adam Warlock.

Tue March 19, 2019 1:44 am

Tue March 19, 2019 11:35 am

:thumbsup:

Tue March 19, 2019 2:34 pm

:lol:

Thu April 16, 2020 5:11 am

Alpha Groot?

Fri December 11, 2020 5:31 pm

Tue November 16, 2021 2:37 am

Wed June 29, 2022 5:40 pm

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOLUME 3 PLOT

Along with all our old favourites returning, there are a couple of new characters who are set to play a key role in the last chapter of the trilogy. Will Poulter, for example, is set to play Adam Warlock, a widely popular Sovereign from the comics who is created by Ayesha to defeat the Guardians once and for all.

Chukwudi Iwuji, who previously worked with James Gunn on Peacemaker has also been cast in a major role for the upcoming movie — but details on who exactly he’s set to play are scarce.

In an interview with the Hollywood Reporter, however, Iwuji did drop some teasers: describing his character “extremely powerful”, and one of “the most complex characters we’ve seen in the freaking Marvel universe.” It’s likely we will get our first look at the character once the trailer for Guardians 3 drops.

One of the post-credit scenes of Guardians 2 hinted that Adam Warlock was coming, with Ayesha standing in front of a golden cocoon, plotting her revenge on the Guardians before declaring, “I think I will call him Adam.”

With Poulter confirmed to be playing Adam Warlock, this more or less confirms that Guardians 3 will be a direct continuation of what this post-credit scene teased, with his character serving as one of the film’s Big Bads as he hunts down the Guardians on Ayesha’s orders.

But it isn’t just the new characters that are getting all the attention. Rocket, voiced by Bradley Cooper, is also set to form an integral part of the film’s plot. In an interview with Deadline, Gunn explained that he always intended to finish Rocket’s character arc in the third movie.

This aligns well with plot speculation reported by We Got This Covered, with the outlet claiming that, along with Adam Warlock hunting down the Guardians, Rocket will take centre stage in this film, as he aims to hunt down and kill his creator: his existence being the result of animal experimentation gone haywire. Might we see the High Evolutionary? It would explain some of the set photos that have leaked online.

Of course, we can also expect Volume 3 to continue to pick up where Endgame left off: answering questions about the time-displaced Gamora and Nebula’s place in the group as well as dealing with whatever plot points arise during Love and Thunder and the Guardians Holiday Special — which is set to bridge the gap between Endgame, Thor 4, and Guardians 3.

As the final chapter in the Guardian’s story, Gunn previously teased to EW that the film was “pretty heavy, actually.” He said, “It’s a heavier story, so it’s an emotional process to go through.” So, it sounds like you should get your tissues ready.

Guardians 3 will be in theatres on May 5, 2023.

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 3 (5/5/23)

Wed October 26, 2022 12:22 am

Wed October 26, 2022 5:40 pm

GOTG3 will be it for James Gunn in the MCU. He's going to be the Kevin Feige of DC for the next 4 years.

https://comicbookmovie.com/dc_films/the ... #gs.gairjg

Wed October 26, 2022 7:30 pm

yeah, weird news.

Fri November 25, 2022 12:42 pm

B wrote:

Who’s watching this today?

Fri November 25, 2022 1:46 pm

This came out today?

I’m sure I’ll watch it eventually but nope , not today.

Fri November 25, 2022 2:00 pm

We’re riding the ride at Epcot today and I may try and watch when we get to the hotel tonight if I can find some quiet time.
Post a reply