Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: The Home Improvement Thread

Tue July 28, 2020 3:53 am

tragabigzanda wrote:water with the hose no more.

Trag

Tue July 28, 2020 3:55 am

Yessir

Tue July 28, 2020 5:21 am

96583UP wrote:i think my water heater might be 20 years old actually

anyone have tankless?

tinkering with the idea

Yes and it heats the water.

Tue July 28, 2020 12:03 pm

Bammer wrote:

anyone have tankless?

tinkering with the idea

okay but where do you put the tank

Tue July 28, 2020 12:54 pm

I cant figure out how to run the computer for my irrigation system. Its too fucking complex and my landscaping guy wont get his lazy ass back out here to show me how to run it.

Tue July 28, 2020 1:06 pm

Strat wrote:I cant figure out how to run the computer for my irrigation system. Its too fucking complex and my landscaping guy wont get his lazy ass back out here to show me how to run it.

What kind do you have. Mine has the instructions on the inside of the cover. But they’re also all over the internet.

Wed July 29, 2020 3:34 am

Bammer wrote:

anyone have tankless?

tinkering with the idea

what brand and btu do you have / how many bathrooms?

i heard that if you have 2 showers going at the same time you need one that has like extra boost

you can tell i am early in my research

Wed July 29, 2020 3:06 pm

As I suspected, we have none other than MC Hammer to thank for this thread being in A&E!!

https://www.livingmgz.com/glamour/a-loo ... =sa&_pg=p7

Sun August 02, 2020 3:43 am

96583UP wrote:bought a new slow-close toilet seat for one of my bathrooms - the one that i always forget isn't slow-close and then end up accidentally slamming it loud af

went to undo the existing attachment and of course its all corroded / rusted tight. worse, there is a plastic nut on it which got immediately stripped. gonna just have to use the hacksaw and cut that fucker off. god knows when i'll have time for that. had to do that to a different toilet last year too. made a giant fucking mess

i finally got around to installing this

time flies. the new toilet seat sat in a box in my bathroom for 6 weeks.... crazy

as expected, i needed to hacksaw to get the old one off. but it was both bolts. awkward angle... 45 minutes of sawing

never again.... next time i will just replace the whole toilet

new slow-close is..... nice n slow tho

Sun August 02, 2020 2:13 pm

96583UP wrote:
96583UP wrote:bought a new slow-close toilet seat for one of my bathrooms - the one that i always forget isn't slow-close and then end up accidentally slamming it loud af

went to undo the existing attachment and of course its all corroded / rusted tight. worse, there is a plastic nut on it which got immediately stripped. gonna just have to use the hacksaw and cut that fucker off. god knows when i'll have time for that. had to do that to a different toilet last year too. made a giant fucking mess

i finally got around to installing this

time flies. the new toilet seat sat in a box in my bathroom for 6 weeks.... crazy

as expected, i needed to hacksaw to get the old one off. but it was both bolts. awkward angle... 45 minutes of sawing

never again.... next time i will just replace the whole toilet

new slow-close is..... nice n slow tho

i honestly don't know what any of this means

Sun August 02, 2020 2:18 pm

I’m ‘bout to stain the d*ck today.

Spoiler: show
Deck, lenny. The deck.

Sun August 02, 2020 2:24 pm

Bammer wrote:I’m ‘bout to stain the d*ck today.

Deck, lenny. The deck.

i understood

Sun August 02, 2020 2:24 pm

i wish i had the skill to install flooring...i'll probably spend more on labor than the flooring itself

Sun August 02, 2020 4:07 pm

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Bammer wrote:I’m ‘bout to stain the d*ck today.

Deck, lenny. The deck.

i understood

Ok

Sun August 02, 2020 9:44 pm

Took apart my dishwasher trying to clear a clog. Turns out the pump is shot.

Sun August 02, 2020 9:46 pm

B wrote:Took apart my dishwasher trying to clear a clog. Turns out the pump is shot.

Can’t wait! I’ve been a homeowner for a month and it seems like this shit never ends

Sun August 02, 2020 10:15 pm

consumer reports online subscription highly recommended

shit will constantly break and/or depreciate to replacement and you just have to eat it and pay for it

but what reaaalllly sucks is if you pay to replace something and then it breaks

CR ratings are great bc if you need to buy a new dishawasher or something you can see there are everyman units that rate just as high or higher than designer brands at 1/2 the cost. just need their reaearchers to tell you which ones. all about finding out what is reliable

Sun August 02, 2020 10:15 pm

<meanwhile something probably broke as i typed that>

Sun August 02, 2020 11:41 pm

B wrote:Took apart my dishwasher trying to clear a clog. Turns out the pump is shot.

Did this today as well but mine was just a clog

Mon August 03, 2020 12:08 am

tragabigzanda wrote:

Can’t wait! I’ve been a homeowner for a month and it seems like this shit never ends

It was a shitty dishwasher. The first of appliances that came with the house to go. The first appliance that will go in our (eventually) renovated kitchen.
Post a reply