The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1518 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 76  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Thu June 04, 2020 5:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 63832
I've already had the pick axe to it as well as a hatchet and chisel. Going to try to expose most of the root and get the chainsaw out

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Thu June 04, 2020 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 14576
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I've already had the pick axe to it as well as a hatchet and chisel. Going to try to expose most of the root and get the chainsaw out

I had a similar project but no sprinkler involved, just needed to cut enough away to put a fence in. Fkn brutal work and I was using a sawzall (saws-all?) in addition to hand tools.

_________________
PM me for tips on writing a great signature.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Thu June 04, 2020 6:15 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 29892
Location: the beach
Bammer wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I've already had the pick axe to it as well as a hatchet and chisel. Going to try to expose most of the root and get the chainsaw out

I had a similar project but no sprinkler involved, just needed to cut enough away to put a fence in. Fkn brutal work and I was using a sawzall (saws-all?) in addition to hand tools.

hope you relaxed with a sweet bourbon after the labor....


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Thu June 04, 2020 6:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 63832
I'm just going to dig around and try to find a spot where I can cut the pipe and divert around the root. It is hugh and the sprinkler head is stuck inside of it.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Sun June 07, 2020 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 63832
JFC, I finally chipped away at the root enough to unscrew the sprinkler head today

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Sun June 07, 2020 9:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 14576
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
My dad told me a story the other night about digging out a root ball where he first dug a ditch around it so he could stand next to it and saw it away, and also dug a tunnel under it basically so he could lay down and saw up from the bottom.

Then he got it up to ground level for removal by backfilling with dirt on one side, tilting it up the other direction, filling dirt on the other side, back and forth til the root ball was sitting on top of the hole backfilled with dirt.

_________________
PM me for tips on writing a great signature.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Sun June 07, 2020 9:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 37713
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
Bammer wrote:
My dad told me a story the other night about digging out a root ball where he first dug a ditch around it so he could stand next to it and saw it away, and also dug a tunnel under it basically so he could lay down and saw up from the bottom.

Then he got it up to ground level for removal by backfilling with dirt on one side, tilting it up the other direction, filling dirt on the other side, back and forth til the root ball was sitting on top of the hole backfilled with dirt.

Did you actually wake up this morning thinking "I'm going to make some real shit posts today, just completely worthless and unfunny stuff contributing exactly nothing, let's GO"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Sun June 07, 2020 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 14576
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
tragabigzanda wrote:
Bammer wrote:
My dad told me a story the other night about digging out a root ball where he first dug a ditch around it so he could stand next to it and saw it away, and also dug a tunnel under it basically so he could lay down and saw up from the bottom.

Then he got it up to ground level for removal by backfilling with dirt on one side, tilting it up the other direction, filling dirt on the other side, back and forth til the root ball was sitting on top of the hole backfilled with dirt.

Did you actually wake up this morning thinking "I'm going to make some real shit posts today, just completely worthless and unfunny stuff contributing exactly nothing, let's GO"

That I did.

_________________
PM me for tips on writing a great signature.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Mon June 08, 2020 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Classic B
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 14357
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Harsh. :lol:

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
Fuck, B was right all along?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Mon June 08, 2020 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 37713
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
i was just taking jorge's side!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Tue June 09, 2020 7:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu November 21, 2013 10:01 pm
Posts: 1976
So last week we woke up to find our dishwasher had leaked while it ran during the night. The looped drain hose on the side had a split in it where it hangs on the side of the dishwasher. Water got under the tray that the dishwasher sits on, and leaked out onto the floor in front, damaging the wood floor. I called my insurance agent and they sent someone out to take a look. No water damage to the walls or cabinets, but yeah, that section of wood floor is toast.

So the guy explains to me that to repair that properly, they are required to sand and refinish the floor for as long as it is continuous...which for us means our entire upstairs. So, looks like for our $800 deductible, Allstate will put us up in a hotel for a couple weeks and we'll get our wood floors refinished. Best of all, because it's our first claim with them, it won't affect our premium. Thanks, cheap dishwasher drain hose!

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
I mean nothing says libertarian more than talking a lot of shit and then getting your ass kicked in an actual one on one...

Dev wrote:
Clutch rules you dummy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Tue June 09, 2020 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 37713
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
Superblood Wolfmoon wrote:
So last week we woke up to find our dishwasher had leaked while it ran during the night. The looped drain hose on the side had a split in it where it hangs on the side of the dishwasher. Water got under the tray that the dishwasher sits on, and leaked out onto the floor in front, damaging the wood floor. I called my insurance agent and they sent someone out to take a look. No water damage to the walls or cabinets, but yeah, that section of wood floor is toast.

So the guy explains to me that to repair that properly, they are required to sand and refinish the floor for as long as it is continuous...which for us means our entire upstairs. So, looks like for our $800 deductible, Allstate will put us up in a hotel for a couple weeks and we'll get our wood floors refinished. Best of all, because it's our first claim with them, it won't affect our premium. Thanks, cheap dishwasher drain hose!

We're just hammering out details of our homeowners insurance with State Farm. Under which coverage part does this fall?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Tue June 09, 2020 7:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu November 21, 2013 10:01 pm
Posts: 1976
I'll have to check my policy. I would assume the damage to the floor is covered under typical water damage, and my agent says the Loss of Use portion of our policy covers the temporary accommodations.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
I mean nothing says libertarian more than talking a lot of shit and then getting your ass kicked in an actual one on one...

Dev wrote:
Clutch rules you dummy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Tue June 09, 2020 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 37713
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
:thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 12:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 18214
the hotel room comes with a hidden camera, gratis!

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 1:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 16533
Location: Space City
Pretty sure the ambient temp in my house shouldn't be 86 degrees when I have the thermostat set to 74. What I'm not sure about it how to troubleshoot it before calling my home warranty company. The AC unit seems to be running fine (no weird sounds, no physical damage), I change my filters regularly, and air seems to be blowing (weakly in some areas...) out of my vents.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 1:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
for those who
are not...shall be
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 13209
Location: here
washing machine wrote:
Pretty sure the ambient temp in my house shouldn't be 86 degrees when I have the thermostat set to 74. What I'm not sure about it how to troubleshoot it before calling my home warranty company. The AC unit seems to be running fine (no weird sounds, no physical damage), I change my filters regularly, and air seems to be blowing (weakly in some areas...) out of my vents.


Is the air cold or it is just air?

_________________
Argo wrote:
Once when I was 7 or 8 my parents got in a fight at the library & told me they were going to get a divorce. I insisted on bringing this big stick home with us. They are still together & I have no idea where the stick is. Also I'm a librarian now


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 1:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 16533
Location: Space City
knee tunes wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Pretty sure the ambient temp in my house shouldn't be 86 degrees when I have the thermostat set to 74. What I'm not sure about it how to troubleshoot it before calling my home warranty company. The AC unit seems to be running fine (no weird sounds, no physical damage), I change my filters regularly, and air seems to be blowing (weakly in some areas...) out of my vents.


Is the air cold or it is just air?

Sometimes cold air. Sometimes just air.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 1:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
for those who
are not...shall be
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 13209
Location: here
tragabigzanda wrote:
i was just taking jorge's side!


Jorge's side of the root ball

_________________
Argo wrote:
Once when I was 7 or 8 my parents got in a fight at the library & told me they were going to get a divorce. I insisted on bringing this big stick home with us. They are still together & I have no idea where the stick is. Also I'm a librarian now


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 2:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
for those who
are not...shall be
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 13209
Location: here
washing machine wrote:
knee tunes wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Pretty sure the ambient temp in my house shouldn't be 86 degrees when I have the thermostat set to 74. What I'm not sure about it how to troubleshoot it before calling my home warranty company. The AC unit seems to be running fine (no weird sounds, no physical damage), I change my filters regularly, and air seems to be blowing (weakly in some areas...) out of my vents.


Is the air cold or it is just air?

Sometimes cold air. Sometimes just air.


If it's 86, it's probably just air. I know what the problem is. ...hold on let me go find the file. Brb

_________________
Argo wrote:
Once when I was 7 or 8 my parents got in a fight at the library & told me they were going to get a divorce. I insisted on bringing this big stick home with us. They are still together & I have no idea where the stick is. Also I'm a librarian now


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1518 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 76  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu August 13, 2020 6:04 am