The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 128  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Fri August 07, 2020 2:28 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

you want me to go talk to him?

PostPosted: Fri August 07, 2020 2:29 am 
Production Police

In My Neighbor’s Tree

PostPosted: Fri August 07, 2020 2:32 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

doug rr wrote:

nah he's got all sorts of power tools and crazy family members one of whom helped to try cover up a murder

instead i am just gonna move my shed and plant an arborvitae line along that fence

which will be a forthcoming topic in the garden ing thread, target early Q4 this year

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri August 07, 2020 3:21 am 
The Master

96583UP wrote:
doug rr wrote:

nah he's got all sorts of power tools and crazy family members one of whom helped to try cover up a murder

instead i am just gonna move my shed and plant an arborvitae line along that fence

which will be a forthcoming topic in the garden ing thread, target early Q4 this year

where do you live?

PostPosted: Sat August 08, 2020 2:56 pm 
mXn

Discovered what looks to be a roof leak yesterday :bammer:

PostPosted: Sat August 08, 2020 3:01 pm 
The Master

Bammer wrote:

that stinks...when was the last time you had a new roof put on? that reminds me, mine will need to be done soon

PostPosted: Sat August 08, 2020 3:04 pm 
mXn

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Bammer wrote:

that stinks...when was the last time you had a new roof put on? that reminds me, mine will need to be done soon

It’s less than 3 years old. Weird spot, hard to explain, but pretty sure roof leak. Add it to the list for my contractor who was supposed to come back and do all the warranty work / one year checkup in May 2019. Fortunately they didn’t go out of business (yet).

PostPosted: Sat August 08, 2020 3:58 pm 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
Bammer wrote:

It’s less than 3 years old. Weird spot, hard to explain, but pretty sure roof leak. Add it to the list for my contractor who was supposed to come back and do all the warranty work / one year checkup in May 2019. Fortunately they didn’t go out of business (yet).

that's good...how long is your warranty?

PostPosted: Sat August 08, 2020 4:01 pm 
mXn

Bammer wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Well everything was supposed to be taken care of at the one year mark ... beyond that I’m not really sure. They have delayed it though over and over, which in a way is OK because I keep adding things to the list for them to take care of.

PostPosted: Sat August 08, 2020 5:00 pm 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Well everything was supposed to be taken care of at the one year mark ... beyond that I’m not really sure. They have delayed it though over and over, which in a way is OK because I keep adding things to the list for them to take care of.

i bet you have a large house and that was very expensive

PostPosted: Sun August 09, 2020 2:50 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

got the water heater quote, and with A/C & Furnace up-sell and it was only $13,500 total ... and with 0% financing for 5 yrs... and some rebates and tax credits too... i was so ready to hear $20k... not normal. i am definitely setting myself up for tragedy here somehow... but maybe sometimes life is not always awful. sigh

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun August 09, 2020 2:53 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bammer wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Bammer wrote:

why with roofs can't we just cover them in a sheet of plastic or metal rather than relying on shingles which require a combination of assumptions to hold in order to prevent water from getting in

its just so weird

PostPosted: Sun August 09, 2020 3:12 am 
Production Police

Tin roofs are a thing

PostPosted: Sun August 09, 2020 3:17 am 
mXn

Bammer wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Right around 2500 sqft which I wouldn’t describe as “large” and I feel good about what we paid.

PostPosted: Sun August 09, 2020 4:13 am 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Right around 2500 sqft which I wouldn’t describe as “large” and I feel good about what we paid.

Plenty of room for the family and a toaster oven.

PostPosted: Sun August 09, 2020 5:45 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Last act as renters will be putting a new fill valve in the toilet because it's squeaking and I don't trust my landlord not to have the 'rona.

PostPosted: Sun August 09, 2020 2:12 pm 
mXn

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Plenty of room for the family and a toaster oven.

Turns out this leak situation MIGHT be from settling, where tiles have separated a little in the master bathroom shower. Which would be worse, I think. Easy enough to fill the gap (see you in the quotes out of context thread!) but that would mean internal moisture (see you there again!) and you know, that’s not cool.

PostPosted: Mon August 10, 2020 3:41 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Bought a dishwasher from Lowe's. The installer just called to say he's about 10 minutes away with my microwave.

PostPosted: Mon August 10, 2020 3:50 pm 
Production Police

You're not gonna be able to wash a ton of dishes in that microwave, B

PostPosted: Mon August 10, 2020 4:09 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Happily, he showed up with a dishwasher.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 128  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment