The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 128  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 4:20 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I meant how the windows respond to strong wind gusts. He did check the windows, of course.

PostPosted: Tue November 03, 2020 4:21 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Anyway I gather that the window should not creak.

PostPosted: Wed November 11, 2020 5:34 pm 
AnalLog

Hung christmas lights last weekend. IMHO, it improved our home.

I'm usually a no-xmas-til-after-Thanksgiving kinda guy but this year feels different.

PostPosted: Wed November 11, 2020 5:55 pm 
mXn

Take it to the War On CHRISTmas thread

PostPosted: Fri November 13, 2020 4:18 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

40-50 mph is some serious wind

can't blame a window for creaking in that

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat December 19, 2020 6:20 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Squirrel got into our air duct and died. Took us a week and three different companies to figure out where the death smell was coming from. And about $500. Merry Christmas

PostPosted: Sat December 19, 2020 6:43 pm 
The Master

Gonna See My Taxidermist

PostPosted: Sat December 19, 2020 7:55 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Squirreal Thing

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat December 19, 2020 7:57 pm 
Major Dude

Squirrelwide Suicide

PostPosted: Sat December 19, 2020 8:01 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Given to Die

PostPosted: Sat December 19, 2020 8:01 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

wease wrote:
Squirrelwide Suicide

also would have accepted:

Worldwide Sciuridae

PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2020 5:03 pm 
mXn

It rained like a motherfucker here yesterday, and I went down to my crawlspace just to have a look. There is a lot of water pooled under the vapor barrier. Just a few little spots where it came up above the vapor barrier, I'm really not concerned about that. And I know the water will eventually (probably by today) slowly drain down grade on its own. But there was pooling of at least a couple inches ... from the top it kinda felt like a water bed.

Should I be concerned about this? Water pooling UNDER the vapor barrier?

PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2020 5:30 pm 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
It rained like a motherfucker here yesterday, and I went down to my crawlspace just to have a look. There is a lot of water pooled under the vapor barrier. Just a few little spots where it came up above the vapor barrier, I'm really not concerned about that. And I know the water will eventually (probably by today) slowly drain down grade on its own. But there was pooling of at least a couple inches ... from the top it kinda felt like a water bed.

Yes, I think you should be concerned.

We had an issue with our lawn irrigation system that saw some water getting under our vapor barrier -- this was due to the location of the manifold, and had nothing to do with our foundation.

I spoke with a plumber, and his take was that for the small amount of water, and the very dry climate we live in, he wasn't the least bit worried...

But yours sounds like it's possibly a crack in the foundation, and you're obviously in a much more humid climate. Better to get it checked out.

PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2020 6:02 pm 
mXn

tragabigzanda wrote:
Bammer wrote:

We had an issue with our lawn irrigation system that saw some water getting under our vapor barrier -- this was due to the location of the manifold, and had nothing to do with our foundation.

I spoke with a plumber, and his take was that for the small amount of water, and the very dry climate we live in, he wasn't the least bit worried...

But yours sounds like it's possibly a crack in the foundation, and you're obviously in a much more humid climate. Better to get it checked out.

Because _________ will happen if water sits there?

PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2020 6:10 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Better call up your hack inspector Bam.

PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2020 7:01 pm 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Bammer wrote:

I am no structural engineer, but my understanding is that setting your domicile on a swamp is not a good idea.

My concern is that this is a sign of hairline cracks in your foundation, which will only become more problematic (and definitely impact the resale value of your home).

PostPosted: Wed December 23, 2020 1:06 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

definitely without knowing exactly what's going on time to shell out $13k for a french drain + sump pump

PostPosted: Wed December 23, 2020 1:20 am 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Bammer wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Bammer wrote:

I am no structural engineer, but my understanding is that setting your domicile on a swamp is not a good idea.

My concern is that this is a sign of hairline cracks in your foundation, which will only become more problematic (and definitely impact the resale value of your home).

Correct. COuld indicate poor drainage as well. You might start seeing cracks in your sidewalk, driveway, foundation, patio's.....

PostPosted: Wed December 23, 2020 1:32 am 
The Master

i found vaporwave in the crawlspace once

PostPosted: Wed December 23, 2020 1:49 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Banner, ignore these guys. You’re fine. Nothing to worry about.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 128  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment