The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 128  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 01, 2021 2:06 pm 
mXn

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
I typically get a statement in about September/October from my mortgage company wanting a check to cover my escrow shortage for the year; typically a couple hundred dollars.
Imagine my surprise when I got my statement today. Imagine my double surprise when I saw that my shortage this year is $836, almost entirely because of a local tax increase.
Of course that means my mortgage is going to increase as well.

Why would your mortgage increase?

If you roll your property taxes into your monthly mortgage payment it translates this way. It’s a half accurate statement. (As opposed to paying tax directly every 6 months … at least that’s how it is done here)

PostPosted: Thu July 01, 2021 3:05 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Bammer wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
I typically get a statement in about September/October from my mortgage company wanting a check to cover my escrow shortage for the year; typically a couple hundred dollars.
Imagine my surprise when I got my statement today. Imagine my double surprise when I saw that my shortage this year is $836, almost entirely because of a local tax increase.

If you roll your property taxes into your monthly mortgage payment it translates this way. It’s a half accurate statement. (As opposed to paying tax directly every 6 months … at least that’s how it is done here)

I understand the mechanics. But the phrase "increase as well" distinguishes the two and makes it sound like both the taxes have increased and the mortgage will increase (hence my question).

PostPosted: Thu July 01, 2021 3:07 pm 
mXn

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:

I understand the mechanics. But the phrase "increase as well" distinguishes the two and makes it sound like both the taxes have increased and the mortgage will increase (hence my question).

I don’t have time to sit here and explain all of Biff’s shortcomings, OK?

PostPosted: Thu July 01, 2021 3:11 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Bammer wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:

I don’t have time to sit here and explain all of Biff’s shortcomings, OK?

valiant effort though

PostPosted: Sun July 04, 2021 8:15 pm 
Polluted

Thought I had to replace the flush handle on the toilet. The plastic nut had worked itself off and when I tried to put it back on, it wouldn't go. Stripped, dry rotted, whatever. Brought home the replacement, and the same thing. wtf. Reverse threads. They always get me.

PostPosted: Sat July 10, 2021 10:26 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Mickey wrote:
96583UP wrote:
for ants, i've used the Max Force gel

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BS ... UTF8&psc=1

and the Advion

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TX ... UTF8&psc=1

both were used outdoors and knocked out the colony by like 90%

they came back

but it was outdoors, so a little ambitious to think it could take them down forever

they were living under my pavers and then coming up between the cracks (eventually i just sealed the pavers... they are probably living it up underneath now)

there were shitloads of them though, and it really did level them for a while

if you are doing indoors, will prob finish the job

some people suggest using both bc some ants respond to one more over the other

Cool, I'll try them both. We did Raid traps (totally ignored) and Terro baits (feasting on them for a week now but to no effect). I think they're coming from both out back and the house next door so I'm a little limited in where I can place bait but hopefully this helps.

Forgot to respond but Advion totally worked :hooray:

PostPosted: Sun July 11, 2021 2:45 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

F*ck yeah

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun July 11, 2021 3:47 am 
Major Dude

Just finished the second (and last) coat in the oldest Weaseling’s room. Tomorrow will be changing out the light fixture in her room. Never done that before.

PostPosted: Sun July 11, 2021 8:16 pm 
Major Dude

Finally got the light fixture switched out. Got the huge fucking mirror hung in the dining room. Now getting ready to start to put together a wall mounted floating desk. Which I have no choice in doing now because Mrs Wease decided to unpack the whole goddamn thing and now every piece to it is lying somewhere.

PostPosted: Mon August 16, 2021 10:49 pm 
Production Police

just ordered replacement filters for the vent our 2010 microwave 8-)

PostPosted: Mon August 16, 2021 11:24 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Pete

PostPosted: Mon August 16, 2021 11:55 pm 
Poster of the Year

what?

PostPosted: Tue August 17, 2021 2:56 am 
mXn

tragabigzanda wrote:
just ordered replacement filters for the vent our 2010 microwave 8-)

BALLER

PostPosted: Tue August 17, 2021 7:37 pm 
The Master

How tall can i let my rose bushes grow?

PostPosted: Tue August 17, 2021 11:59 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Kinda depends on the variety but a general rule of thumb is about chest high

PostPosted: Fri September 10, 2021 4:48 pm 
Major Dude

Had a guy come out to start refinishing the floors in the three upstairs bedrooms. Two were wood floors and the other had carpet. The flooring guy was going to remove the carpet and he asked us what was under it. We told him we didn’t know so he pulled a corner up and underneath was that pressboard subflooring. So the plan was for him to pull that carpet and just lay new wood flooring on top of that. Mrs Wease did not like that plan. It bothered her all day. He went ahead and started sanding the other two rooms and after he left for the day, Mrs Wease went to work. (More accurately put me to work). So we peeled back a significant section of the carpet and started pulling up that pressboard subfloor to see what was underneath. Her suspicions were confirmed. It was the same wood floor as the other two rooms. That’s when the job got tougher. We went ahead and pulled the carpet and I set about pulling up the subfloor. After making little progress in three hours due to the subfloor being glued down, please finally texted the floor guy and told him of our discovery and basically begged him to finish pulling it up. He said “sure”. Relief. The next day after he got all of the sub pulled there were patchwork boards that had to be replaced and to replace them we’d need to have a framer come in and do some work. We told him fine and he went ahead and finished the other two rooms and they look fucking great. we’re ready to move stuff back in them today. The framer came yesterday and did his work so we’re hoping floor guy can come back and finish the last room next week but it’s dependent on his schedule.

PostPosted: Fri September 10, 2021 4:55 pm 
Major Dude

Here’s one of the rooms after he replaced some boards but before the refinishing.

And here it is finished.

PostPosted: Fri September 10, 2021 6:07 pm 

Looks good.

The guys doing our floors this week are taking their time. I swear they only got the upstairs hallway done yesterday and nothing else. Good thing they charge by the square foot and not the hour.

PostPosted: Fri September 10, 2021 9:51 pm 
Major Dude

Thanks. It’s hard to believe these floors are 118 years old. But they’re supposed to be the ones that were built with the house in 1903. We have no real way of verifying it of course, but I guess we have no real reason to doubt it either.

PostPosted: Tue September 28, 2021 3:54 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

About to drop $99/month on termite prevention service. We don't have termites but we've got a wood house with a crawlspace. Suddenly, overnight, termites are a big fear for at least one of us in the home...

Feels like a good investment but man it sucks watching money debit from your account for preventative anything.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 128  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment