The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 128  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Thu June 04, 2020 5:17 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I've already had the pick axe to it as well as a hatchet and chisel. Going to try to expose most of the root and get the chainsaw out

PostPosted: Thu June 04, 2020 6:14 pm 
mXn

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I've already had the pick axe to it as well as a hatchet and chisel. Going to try to expose most of the root and get the chainsaw out

I had a similar project but no sprinkler involved, just needed to cut enough away to put a fence in. Fkn brutal work and I was using a sawzall (saws-all?) in addition to hand tools.

PostPosted: Thu June 04, 2020 6:15 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bammer wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I had a similar project but no sprinkler involved, just needed to cut enough away to put a fence in. Fkn brutal work and I was using a sawzall (saws-all?) in addition to hand tools.

hope you relaxed with a sweet bourbon after the labor....

PostPosted: Thu June 04, 2020 6:22 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I'm just going to dig around and try to find a spot where I can cut the pipe and divert around the root. It is hugh and the sprinkler head is stuck inside of it.

PostPosted: Sun June 07, 2020 5:20 pm 

JFC, I finally chipped away at the root enough to unscrew the sprinkler head today

PostPosted: Sun June 07, 2020 9:03 pm 
mXn

My dad told me a story the other night about digging out a root ball where he first dug a ditch around it so he could stand next to it and saw it away, and also dug a tunnel under it basically so he could lay down and saw up from the bottom.

Then he got it up to ground level for removal by backfilling with dirt on one side, tilting it up the other direction, filling dirt on the other side, back and forth til the root ball was sitting on top of the hole backfilled with dirt.

PostPosted: Sun June 07, 2020 9:15 pm 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
My dad told me a story the other night about digging out a root ball where he first dug a ditch around it so he could stand next to it and saw it away, and also dug a tunnel under it basically so he could lay down and saw up from the bottom.

Then he got it up to ground level for removal by backfilling with dirt on one side, tilting it up the other direction, filling dirt on the other side, back and forth til the root ball was sitting on top of the hole backfilled with dirt.

Did you actually wake up this morning thinking "I'm going to make some real shit posts today, just completely worthless and unfunny stuff contributing exactly nothing, let's GO"

PostPosted: Sun June 07, 2020 9:38 pm 
mXn

tragabigzanda wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Did you actually wake up this morning thinking "I'm going to make some real shit posts today, just completely worthless and unfunny stuff contributing exactly nothing, let's GO"

That I did.

PostPosted: Mon June 08, 2020 4:35 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Harsh. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon June 08, 2020 5:05 pm 
The Master

i was just taking jorge's side!

PostPosted: Tue June 09, 2020 7:12 pm 
AnalLog

So last week we woke up to find our dishwasher had leaked while it ran during the night. The looped drain hose on the side had a split in it where it hangs on the side of the dishwasher. Water got under the tray that the dishwasher sits on, and leaked out onto the floor in front, damaging the wood floor. I called my insurance agent and they sent someone out to take a look. No water damage to the walls or cabinets, but yeah, that section of wood floor is toast.

So the guy explains to me that to repair that properly, they are required to sand and refinish the floor for as long as it is continuous...which for us means our entire upstairs. So, looks like for our $800 deductible, Allstate will put us up in a hotel for a couple weeks and we'll get our wood floors refinished. Best of all, because it's our first claim with them, it won't affect our premium. Thanks, cheap dishwasher drain hose!

PostPosted: Tue June 09, 2020 7:25 pm 
The Master

Superblood Wolfmoon wrote:
So last week we woke up to find our dishwasher had leaked while it ran during the night. The looped drain hose on the side had a split in it where it hangs on the side of the dishwasher. Water got under the tray that the dishwasher sits on, and leaked out onto the floor in front, damaging the wood floor. I called my insurance agent and they sent someone out to take a look. No water damage to the walls or cabinets, but yeah, that section of wood floor is toast.

So the guy explains to me that to repair that properly, they are required to sand and refinish the floor for as long as it is continuous...which for us means our entire upstairs. So, looks like for our $800 deductible, Allstate will put us up in a hotel for a couple weeks and we'll get our wood floors refinished. Best of all, because it's our first claim with them, it won't affect our premium. Thanks, cheap dishwasher drain hose!

We're just hammering out details of our homeowners insurance with State Farm. Under which coverage part does this fall?

PostPosted: Tue June 09, 2020 7:34 pm 
AnalLog

I'll have to check my policy. I would assume the damage to the floor is covered under typical water damage, and my agent says the Loss of Use portion of our policy covers the temporary accommodations.

PostPosted: Tue June 09, 2020 7:46 pm 
The Master

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 12:23 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

the hotel room comes with a hidden camera, gratis!

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 1:51 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Pretty sure the ambient temp in my house shouldn't be 86 degrees when I have the thermostat set to 74. What I'm not sure about it how to troubleshoot it before calling my home warranty company. The AC unit seems to be running fine (no weird sounds, no physical damage), I change my filters regularly, and air seems to be blowing (weakly in some areas...) out of my vents.

PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 1:53 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

washing machine wrote:
Pretty sure the ambient temp in my house shouldn't be 86 degrees when I have the thermostat set to 74. What I'm not sure about it how to troubleshoot it before calling my home warranty company. The AC unit seems to be running fine (no weird sounds, no physical damage), I change my filters regularly, and air seems to be blowing (weakly in some areas...) out of my vents.

Is the air cold or it is just air?

PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 1:54 am 
Looks Like a Cat

knee tunes wrote:
washing machine wrote:

Sometimes cold air. Sometimes just air.

PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 1:59 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

tragabigzanda wrote:
i was just taking jorge's side!

Jorge's side of the root ball

PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 2:00 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

washing machine wrote:
knee tunes wrote:
washing machine wrote:

Sometimes cold air. Sometimes just air.

If it's 86, it's probably just air. I know what the problem is. ...hold on let me go find the file. Brb

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 128  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment