The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2552 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Home Improvement Thread
PostPosted: Sat September 23, 2023 2:10 am 
The Master

Jesus was a carpenter

PostPosted: Sat September 23, 2023 2:16 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Yet another way he was better than me. *jealous of jesus*

PostPosted: Sat September 23, 2023 2:27 am 

doug rr wrote:
good job argo...proud of you..go grab a couple beers and make sure to tell your dad you keep mentioning that he will not be around soon

My dad is nearly 82 and his dad lived to be 101. My dad says he'll feel cheated if he doesn't live that long, too, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone

PostPosted: Sat September 23, 2023 2:42 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

The Argonaut wrote:
doug rr wrote:
good job argo...proud of you..go grab a couple beers and make sure to tell your dad you keep mentioning that he will not be around soon

My dad is nearly 82 and his dad lived to be 101. My dad says he'll feel cheated if he doesn't live that long, too, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone

I hope he gets there..mine made it to 82

PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2023 3:10 pm 
The Master

Our HOA VP, who is terrible at communication already, is even more MIA than usual. We have some issues with owners keeping their properties maintained, and she took it as an action item months ago to get letters to them notifying them we are taking next steps to address things.

I’m like legit worried she’s dead or in some sort of strife. I just left her a
“hope you are okay” and “if you need help with this” voicemail, the latter of which is against my MO as I don’t want to take everything HOA on, but this is just ridiculous and I’m sick of the other owners asking me for updates. I fully assume I will again hear nothing back.

I also reached out to our HOA lawyer to see if they had any drafts of the letters, since our VP spoke with them on this and racked up hundreds of dollars of legal fees months ago. They have nothing either. I’m guessing the letters do not exist at all at the time of this post, and I will be drafting and delivering them in the near future.

PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2023 4:59 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

I don't live in an area with an HOA, so I'm curious -- what kinds of issues are you trying to get addressed with other people's property?

PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2023 5:08 pm 
Production Police

washing machine wrote:
I don't live in an area with an HOA, so I'm curious -- what kinds of issues are you trying to get addressed with other people's property?

PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2023 5:18 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

spike wrote:
Our HOA VP, who is terrible at communication already, is even more MIA than usual. We have some issues with owners keeping their properties maintained, and she took it as an action item months ago to get letters to them notifying them we are taking next steps to address things.

“hope you are okay” and “if you need help with this” voicemail, the latter of which is against my MO as I don’t want to take everything HOA on, but this is just ridiculous and I’m sick of the other owners asking me for updates. I fully assume I will again hear nothing back.

I also reached out to our HOA lawyer to see if they had any drafts of the letters, since our VP spoke with them on this and racked up hundreds of dollars of legal fees months ago. They have nothing either. I’m guessing the letters do not exist at all at the time of this post, and I will be drafting and delivering them in the near future.

Spike for mod!

PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2023 5:19 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2023 5:19 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

that was directed at trag, not you ruddo

PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2023 5:21 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

wtf

PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2023 5:21 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2023 5:31 pm 
Future Drummer

spike wrote:

You volunteered for this, right?

PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2023 7:53 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
washing machine wrote:

Haha

In this case, two older owners have stopped tending to their gardens, meaning vines have overtaken their yards and are starting to spread into others’ yards and to common elements like the front wall of the building and the garages in the back. Besides being unsightly, they aren’t great for brick walls, and we’ve been spending a lot of money already tuckpointing the building.

And one of these owner’s roof deck has been rotting away for awhile… there are also concerns about the interior of her unit too. This won’t be a fun process, but I’d like to get it over with before it worsens or there’s risk to adjacent units. Our VP is obviously not taking these adjacent owners’ concerns very seriously, which is isn’t a good look for the board in general.

PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2023 7:57 pm 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
spike wrote:

Spike for mod!

Thankless jobs!

PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2023 8:00 pm 
The Master

tommy wrote:
spike wrote:

You volunteered for this, right?

You’re missing the point. All this stuff affects the value of my property, so while this is all frustrating, it’s in the name of protecting my investment. I had some confidence in our previous president, but not much confidence in any of the other possible options (the other owners) once he sold and moved out. Sometimes you gotta step up.

PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2023 8:19 pm 

how far are you willing to go to protect your investment?

PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2023 9:11 pm 
The Master

Not as far as engaging our lawyer all over again over these letters, incurring even more legal fees, which is why I’m stressed this dork won’t get back to me.

PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2023 9:44 pm 

oh yeah, I finished the shed roof, btw. It was not hard, really. I enjoyed the process

PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2023 9:51 pm 
Future Drummer

Nice work, Argo.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2552 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment