The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post subject: Pitch a movie
PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2023 2:35 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Just pitch a movie. Give us your best movie idea.
The winner will be turned into an actual movie by the audiovisual crew of RM.

Post subject: Re: Pitch a movie
PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2023 2:37 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Here's one off the top of my head

TEMPO

In a world where time can be manipulated for corporate gains, Julia, a CEO facing bankruptcy, must journey across distorted timelines with her estranged daughter Alice (a drummer) and her daughter's complicated love interest Professor Charlie, to recover crucial historical documents from the Ghana Revenue Authority, all while facing betrayals, sacrifices, and the looming threat of a rival CEO.

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2023 2:37 pm 
The Master

I actually thought about a tourney where we have AI generate movie synopses then we would draft and cast the movies.

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2023 2:38 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

tragabigzanda wrote:
I actually thought about a tourney where we have AI generate movie synopses then we would draft and cast the movies.

Not a bad idea

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2023 2:39 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Pitch Perfect. A message board poster posts the following idea for a movie in a thread titled "Pitch a Movie": Pitch Perfect. A message board poster posts an idea for a movie in a thread titled "Pitch a Movie" and the audiovisual crew of the message board actually makes the movie. It'll be like an Ed Wood kind of joint. and the audiovisual crew of the message board actually makes the movie. It'll be like an Ed Wood kind of joint.

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2023 2:40 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Jorge wrote:
Here's one off the top of my head

TEMPO

In a world where time can be manipulated for corporate gains, Julia, a CEO facing bankruptcy, must journey across distorted timelines with her estranged daughter Alice (a drummer) and her daughter's complicated love interest Professor Charlie, to recover crucial historical documents from the Ghana Revenue Authority, all while facing betrayals, sacrifices, and the looming threat of a rival CEO.

I laughed :lol:

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2023 2:43 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

tree_ wrote:
Pitch Perfect. A message board poster posts the following idea for a movie in a thread titled "Pitch a Movie": Pitch Perfect. A message board poster posts an idea for a movie in a thread titled "Pitch a Movie" and the audiovisual crew of the message board actually makes the movie. It'll be like an Ed Wood kind of joint. and the audiovisual crew of the message board actually makes the movie. It'll be like an Ed Wood kind of joint.

I love movies about making movies about making movies

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2023 2:58 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

FRAHNK

The year is 2077. The world has been ravaged by climate change and nuclear war, and the few survivors are left to fend for themselves in a harsh and unforgiving wasteland. Among these survivors is a man and his pet hot dog. The man, whose name is never revealed, has taken the hot dog in as a companion after finding it abandoned in the ruins of a city. The two of them have formed a close bond, and they rely on each other for survival.

The world they live in is a dangerous place. The few resources that remain are scarce, and people are desperate. Toothpaste is the new currency, and playing the drums is a federal crime. The man and his hot dog must constantly be on their guard, lest they be attacked by raiders or other desperate survivors.

Despite the dangers, the man and his hot dog find ways to survive. They scavenge for food and supplies, and they help each other out when they can. They also find moments of joy in the midst of the chaos, such as when they dance together to the sound of a harmonica.

The man and his hot dog are a symbol of hope in a world that has been ravaged by despair. They show that even in the darkest of times, there is always the possibility of finding friendship, love, and happiness.

The movie would be a mix of action, adventure, and comedy. It would be a story about hope, friendship, and survival in a world that has been destroyed.

Last edited by dad on Wed August 16, 2023 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2023 3:00 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Is the hot dog a conscious being? If so, how? Or is it more of a Wilson situation?

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2023 3:16 pm 
Major Dude

PM The Platypus (He Has What You’re Looking For)- a biography

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2023 3:17 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

tree_ wrote:
Is the hot dog a conscious being? If so, how? Or is it more of a Wilson situation?

yes.

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2023 3:17 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Taking place in a small town on a small farm, the Murray family faces an ordeal which threatens their very existence, or does it? David Murray, a former cop and a widower, protects his family from a monster invented in the dreams of his youngest son, or does he? David fights and kills the monsters many times, since he keeps waking up, or does he? In the end, all the questions are answered, or are they?

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2023 3:19 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

The Argonaut wrote:
Taking place in a small town on a small farm, the Murray family faces an ordeal which threatens their very existence, or does it? David Murray, a former cop and a widower, protects his family from a monster invented in the dreams of his youngest son, or does he? David fights and kills the monsters many times, since he keeps waking up, or does he? In the end, all the questions are answered, or are they?

reeks of M. Night Shyamalan DNA. hard pass

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2023 3:20 pm 
Future Drummer

You could elevate it by having the monster actually be a metaphor for racism or post partum depression or something

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2023 3:32 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Was about to pitch one, then after reading what I typed, realized it was pretty much exactly the 2003 movie Riverworld.

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2023 3:40 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Post it anyway, I haven't seen that movie

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2023 3:50 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

tree_ wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

reeks of M. Night Shyamalan DNA. hard pass

good eye, tree. I wrote this in 2003 when my favorite movie was Shyamalan's Signs. It is a rip-off of Signs

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2023 5:01 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Jorge wrote:
Post it anyway, I haven't seen that movie

Hale, an American astronaut dies and is reincarnated with other persons who have lived throughout all of human history and end up on a mysterious planet called 'Riverworld'. The humans are left to their own devices and create tribal fiefdoms and succumb to brutal wars and raids. A mysterious race of hooded 'beings' oversee them - sometimes intervening, but their motives are unknown. Anyone who has ever lived and died on Earth comes here rather than 'the afterlife', even an extra-terrestrial called Monat, who had the unfortunate luck of dying on planet Earth in 2039. Hale leads a revolt and joins with others on a large boat to explore this mysterious new world.

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2023 5:05 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I dont work for free.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2023 5:10 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

In the town of Harmony Ridge, Clara discovers a cassette with haunting lyrics that allow her to astrally project into a realm of fading memories. Here, she encounters resident Willem Dafoe, a former guardian of this realm, now stripped of his protective powers by memory-devouring weasels led by "The Silencer". The two team up to reclaim lost memories, using coded "Burma Shave" signs that amplify astral abilities. Their ultimate challenge: defend a grand concert in Harmony Ridge, where Willem is set to perform, from The Silencer's final assault on the town's collective memory.

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment