Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: The Office

Mon September 11, 2017 12:19 am

How the turntables have...

Thu September 14, 2017 2:44 pm

I wish there was a youtube of Gabe reading the "caption this" nominations.

Sat April 21, 2018 1:34 pm

Season 8 is pretty unwatchable.

Andy is a character who really only needs about 3 minutes of screentime and his relationship with Erin is probably the single worst continuing storyline of the entire show.

The creepy/weird Spader thing wears thin quickly and the expansion of Darryl's character continues to go awry.

It also probably leans a little too heavy on the Pam/Jim/Dwight dynamic, but considering how terrible some of the other "new" stuff is, it's kinda hard to fault the writers for doing it.

Sat April 21, 2018 1:46 pm

i agree that Andy overstays his welcome in S8 (earlier, honestly). But the Robert California character is so great.

Sat April 21, 2018 2:27 pm

Currently going through season 8 and it’s one of my favorites. I like Spader more than Carell. “Garden Party” and “Pool Party” are maybe my two favorite episodes of the show, period.

“Marley & Me and On Golden fucking Pond.”

Sat April 21, 2018 2:42 pm

Netflix should just open with two buttons: "The Office" and "Everything else."

Sat April 21, 2018 3:27 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Netflix should just open with two buttons: "The Office" and "Everything else."

Haha.

My wife and I have been rewatching the series over the winter. It's so great.

Sat April 21, 2018 7:39 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:Currently going through season 8 and it’s one of my favorites. I like Spader more than Carell. “Garden Party” and “Pool Party” are maybe my two favorite episodes of the show, period.

:luv:

I've never been more Team LV than I am right fucking now.

Sun April 22, 2018 1:53 am

tragabigzanda wrote:i agree that Andy overstays his welcome in S8 (earlier, honestly). But the Robert California character is so great.

Yes

Sun April 22, 2018 2:08 am

durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:Currently going through season 8 and it’s one of my favorites. I like Spader more than Carell. “Garden Party” and “Pool Party” are maybe my two favorite episodes of the show, period.

Spader is absolutely brilliant but I dont think he surpasses carell in this show. They should have gotten Spader ASAP after Michael left because he was the perfect replacement for the Michael character.

The Office is so fucking good.

Sun April 22, 2018 3:00 am

Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Spader is absolutely brilliant but I dont think he surpasses carell in this show. They should have gotten Spader ASAP after Michael left because he was the perfect replacement for the Michael character.

Yes

Mon April 23, 2018 4:25 pm

wease wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Yes

I liked Carell overall more than Spader. But that's neither here nor there. It's everything else Verm said that I was agreeing with and excited by. The overall sentiment that S8 is a great season and the two specific episodes he mentions are two of the best.

Mon April 23, 2018 4:27 pm

Not really feeling the second half of season 8. The Tampa/Nellie stuff is really uneven.

Mon April 23, 2018 4:34 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:Not really feeling the second half of season 8. The Tampa/Nellie stuff is really uneven.

Oh man, I love that stuff. At the time, when it originally aired week to week, I kept saying that I hope they kept it going. To me, it would have been a great way to "reboot" the show that late in the run. I was totally hooked on that story line.

Mon April 23, 2018 4:40 pm

Team Spader. California's camera take > Jim's.

Mon April 23, 2018 4:43 pm

We should all fight about it!

Mon April 23, 2018 4:45 pm

I don't think comparing Michael and California is necessary because their characters are so different. I would love to have seen them on at the same time. California as Michael's boss would've been so nice.

tree_ wrote:I don't think comparing Michael and California is necessary because their characters are so different. I would love to have seen them on at the same time. California as Michael's boss would've been so nice.

Agree

Mon April 23, 2018 4:46 pm

So is the reboot happening or...?
Post a reply