The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Office
PostPosted: Mon September 11, 2017 12:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 3873
How the turntables have...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office
PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:15 pm
Posts: 6042
Image

I wish there was a youtube of Gabe reading the "caption this" nominations.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 1:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 2640
Season 8 is pretty unwatchable.

Andy is a character who really only needs about 3 minutes of screentime and his relationship with Erin is probably the single worst continuing storyline of the entire show.

The creepy/weird Spader thing wears thin quickly and the expansion of Darryl's character continues to go awry.

It also probably leans a little too heavy on the Pam/Jim/Dwight dynamic, but considering how terrible some of the other "new" stuff is, it's kinda hard to fault the writers for doing it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 20495
i agree that Andy overstays his welcome in S8 (earlier, honestly). But the Robert California character is so great.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 34897
Location: this field intentionally left blank
Currently going through season 8 and it’s one of my favorites. I like Spader more than Carell. “Garden Party” and “Pool Party” are maybe my two favorite episodes of the show, period.

“Marley & Me and On Golden fucking Pond.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 20495
Netflix should just open with two buttons: "The Office" and "Everything else."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 13581
Location: Mizzou
tragabigzanda wrote:
Netflix should just open with two buttons: "The Office" and "Everything else."


Haha.

My wife and I have been rewatching the series over the winter. It's so great.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 7:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 63633
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Currently going through season 8 and it’s one of my favorites. I like Spader more than Carell. “Garden Party” and “Pool Party” are maybe my two favorite episodes of the show, period.

“Marley & Me and On Golden fucking Pond.”

:luv:

I've never been more Team LV than I am right fucking now.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office
PostPosted: Sun April 22, 2018 1:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 12018
Location: Where everybody knows your name
tragabigzanda wrote:
i agree that Andy overstays his welcome in S8 (earlier, honestly). But the Robert California character is so great.

Yes


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office
PostPosted: Sun April 22, 2018 2:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 33928
Location: Mountains
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Currently going through season 8 and it’s one of my favorites. I like Spader more than Carell. “Garden Party” and “Pool Party” are maybe my two favorite episodes of the show, period.

“Marley & Me and On Golden fucking Pond.”

:luv:

I've never been more Team LV than I am right fucking now.

Spader is absolutely brilliant but I dont think he surpasses carell in this show. They should have gotten Spader ASAP after Michael left because he was the perfect replacement for the Michael character.

The Office is so fucking good.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office
PostPosted: Sun April 22, 2018 3:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 12018
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Currently going through season 8 and it’s one of my favorites. I like Spader more than Carell. “Garden Party” and “Pool Party” are maybe my two favorite episodes of the show, period.

“Marley & Me and On Golden fucking Pond.”

:luv:

I've never been more Team LV than I am right fucking now.

Spader is absolutely brilliant but I dont think he surpasses carell in this show. They should have gotten Spader ASAP after Michael left because he was the perfect replacement for the Michael character.

The Office is so fucking good.

Yes


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 4:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 63633
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
wease wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Currently going through season 8 and it’s one of my favorites. I like Spader more than Carell. “Garden Party” and “Pool Party” are maybe my two favorite episodes of the show, period.

“Marley & Me and On Golden fucking Pond.”

:luv:

I've never been more Team LV than I am right fucking now.

Spader is absolutely brilliant but I dont think he surpasses carell in this show. They should have gotten Spader ASAP after Michael left because he was the perfect replacement for the Michael character.

The Office is so fucking good.

Yes

I liked Carell overall more than Spader. But that's neither here nor there. It's everything else Verm said that I was agreeing with and excited by. The overall sentiment that S8 is a great season and the two specific episodes he mentions are two of the best.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 4:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 13581
Location: Mizzou
Not really feeling the second half of season 8. The Tampa/Nellie stuff is really uneven.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 4:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 63633
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Not really feeling the second half of season 8. The Tampa/Nellie stuff is really uneven.

Oh man, I love that stuff. At the time, when it originally aired week to week, I kept saying that I hope they kept it going. To me, it would have been a great way to "reboot" the show that late in the run. I was totally hooked on that story line.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 4703
Location: The lake
Team Spader. California's camera take > Jim's.

_________________
indubitably bept radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 33928
Location: Mountains
We should all fight about it!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 4:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 63633
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 4:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 4703
Location: The lake
I don't think comparing Michael and California is necessary because their characters are so different. I would love to have seen them on at the same time. California as Michael's boss would've been so nice.

_________________
indubitably bept radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 4:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 63633
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
tree_ wrote:
I don't think comparing Michael and California is necessary because their characters are so different. I would love to have seen them on at the same time. California as Michael's boss would've been so nice.

Agree


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Office
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 34897
Location: this field intentionally left blank
So is the reboot happening or...?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri June 22, 2018 3:55 am