The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Halloween (2018)
PostPosted: Fri October 26, 2018 10:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 16183
https://nerdist.com/why-batman-and-robin-is-the-underrated-gem-of-the-batman-franchise/

There you go man.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Halloween (2018)
PostPosted: Fri October 26, 2018 10:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 69840
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
I'm gonna get really honest with you guys for a minute...

I saw Batman & Robin with an older friend who I really looked up to. I wanted him to like me a lot. He was the guy I wanted to be. He asked me what I thought of the film as we were walking out of the movie and I said, "Oh man, I loved it! So campy and bright. It's what I love about the old school Bat-Man show. It was hilarious in all the right ways. I loved the choices. So bold."

He just shook his head in disappointment.

My point? I really liked that movie after I saw it and I'm pretty sure I decided it was terrible because I wanted Nick to like me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Halloween (2018)
PostPosted: Fri October 26, 2018 10:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 37797
Location: Mountains
durdencommatyler wrote:
I'm gonna get really honest with you guys for a minute...

I saw Batman & Robin with an older friend who I really looked up to. I wanted him to like me a lot. He was the guy I wanted to be. He asked me what I thought of the film as we were walking out of the movie and I said, "Oh man, I loved it! So campy and bright. It's what I love about the old school Bat-Man show. It was hilarious in all the right ways. I loved the choices. So bold."

He just shook his head in disappointment.

My point? I really liked that movie after I saw it and I'm pretty sure I decided it was terrible because I wanted Nick to like me.

You were right in wanting Nick to like you maybe


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Halloween (2018)
PostPosted: Fri October 26, 2018 10:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 69840
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I'm gonna get really honest with you guys for a minute...

I saw Batman & Robin with an older friend who I really looked up to. I wanted him to like me a lot. He was the guy I wanted to be. He asked me what I thought of the film as we were walking out of the movie and I said, "Oh man, I loved it! So campy and bright. It's what I love about the old school Bat-Man show. It was hilarious in all the right ways. I loved the choices. So bold."

He just shook his head in disappointment.

My point? I really liked that movie after I saw it and I'm pretty sure I decided it was terrible because I wanted Nick to like me.

You were right in wanting Nick to like you maybe

:lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Halloween (2018)
PostPosted: Fri October 26, 2018 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 37797
Location: Mountains
i wonder if I would have enjoyed this movie more if I had a better movie going experience. Im sure i'll watch it again once its on the small screen. Looking back it just felt so obvious and unnecessary. yea, there were some great tense moments in the final act but up until that point it was just marking checkboxes for what is supposed to be in a halloween movie.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Halloween (2018)
PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 5:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 16183
durdencommatyler wrote:
I'm gonna get really honest with you guys for a minute...

I saw Batman & Robin with an older friend who I really looked up to. I wanted him to like me a lot. He was the guy I wanted to be. He asked me what I thought of the film as we were walking out of the movie and I said, "Oh man, I loved it! So campy and bright. It's what I love about the old school Bat-Man show. It was hilarious in all the right ways. I loved the choices. So bold."

He just shook his head in disappointment.

My point? I really liked that movie after I saw it and I'm pretty sure I decided it was terrible because I wanted Nick to like me.


That Nick was a catch.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Halloween (2018)
PostPosted: Sat October 27, 2018 2:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 16183
Im still blown away with how tense were some of this scenes. Its remarkable for a Halloween movie, i mean The Shape wasnt really menacing for a long time...and how brutal it was.

Spoiler: show
The doctor´s death was so fucking badass. And specially badass was the later shot of his brains. Fucking A

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Halloween (2018)
PostPosted: Sun October 28, 2018 1:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 16635
Location: Illinois
How old is MM, 70?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Halloween (2018)
PostPosted: Sun October 28, 2018 1:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 34508
Location: Buenos Aires
"Bat-Man"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Halloween (2018)
PostPosted: Sun October 28, 2018 3:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 69840
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
I really thought the old Adam West show hyphenated the name. I guess not.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Halloween (2018)
PostPosted: Sun October 28, 2018 10:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 1137
This film had some good moments but it was surely a hodge-podge that never settled. I actually thought H2O was a more enjoyable theater experience twenty years ago.

_________________
absinthe makes the heart grow fonder...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Halloween (2018)
PostPosted: Mon October 29, 2018 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 6373
Movies these days man... All they have to do is shart something out with a familiar character and the sheep will flock.

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Halloween (2018)
PostPosted: Mon October 29, 2018 2:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 16183
I started H20 last night but i was too tired to see it. Maybe tonight...it was surprising to see Myers as a complete different character though. The first scene with him looking for Laurie´s info, him driving....really different from The Shape.

Looking forward to continue it.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Halloween (2018)
PostPosted: Mon October 29, 2018 3:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 34508
Location: Buenos Aires
This line from the Wikipedia article for Michael Myers made me laugh

Quote:
Michael Myers is characterized as pure evil, both directly in the films, by the filmmakers who created and developed the character over nine films, as well as by random participants in a survey.[1]


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Halloween (2018)
PostPosted: Mon October 29, 2018 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 16183
Its also interesting to see Laurie in H20.
She has a career, a kid, a lover but she is also has panic attacks, nightmares and changed her name.
Really different from the Laurie in the last movie.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Halloween (2018)
PostPosted: Thu November 01, 2018 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 40485
Location: Garbage Dump
After rewatching it last night, I definitely think Rob Zombie’s Halloween II is the best film in the (mostly weak) franchise. That movie is special, and very, very close to being something truly great. It doesn’t QUITE get there, but it’s SO close.

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
stop watching CNN and follow real news sites like 4chan


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Halloween (2018)
PostPosted: Thu November 01, 2018 5:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 37797
Location: Mountains
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
After rewatching it last night, I definitely think Rob Zombie’s Halloween II is the best film in the (mostly weak) franchise. That movie is special, and very, very close to being something truly great. It doesn’t QUITE get there, but it’s SO close.

Im joe grizzly bitch!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Halloween (2018)
PostPosted: Thu February 07, 2019 2:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 16183
So, Gordon Green will not write the new one. That sucks. Hope to see a new cool director.

http://collider.com/halloween-2-writer-scott-teems/

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Halloween (2018)
PostPosted: Thu February 07, 2019 12:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 10143
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Shouldn't we have a new thread for Halloween II 3 ?

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Halloween (2018)
PostPosted: Thu February 07, 2019 2:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 37797
Location: Mountains
VinylGuy wrote:
So, Gordon Green will not write the new one. That sucks. Hope to see a new cool director.

http://collider.com/halloween-2-writer-scott-teems/

dafuq. I thought the whole point of bringing this story back was to finally have some closure between Michael Meyers and Laurie. A sequel?

Over it.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BurtReynolds and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue March 19, 2019 12:20 am