Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Movie ideas

Sat July 14, 2018 10:01 pm

Cannonball Run, but serious. Fast and Furious style.

Tico: A Star Wars Story

Um... I dunno something with zombies in it. Dumbass audiences eat that shit up.

Re: Movie ideas

Sat July 14, 2018 10:05 pm

Aliens vs Robots, but all the robots are feminists. And the aliens too. Everyone is feminist.

Sat July 14, 2018 10:07 pm

Starbuck. a movie about Starbuck from battlestar galactica retiring to become a barista at Starbucks. Plot twist: he/she sucks at it.

Sat July 14, 2018 10:09 pm

I can't believe I'm giving away all my best ideas here.

Sat July 14, 2018 10:11 pm

Remake Fight club and you play Robert Paulson.

You’re made for the role.

Sat July 14, 2018 10:12 pm

His name is Robert Paulson: A Star Wars Story

Nobody steal my idea.

Sat July 14, 2018 10:14 pm

Set it with her in behind a keyboard in his mother’s attic and you have it.

Sat July 14, 2018 10:15 pm

Have they made a Slender Man movie yet? That's a gold mine, but I think he is copyrighted.

Still, I think you could rip him off without being sued.

Sat July 14, 2018 10:17 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:Have they made a Slender Man movie yet? .

Yes

Sat July 14, 2018 10:19 pm

Darker Than Darkweb, the incredible true story of RM, the internet's last and worst message board.

Sat July 14, 2018 10:23 pm

I feel like Vikings are overdue for a movie appearance. Some kind of Pirates of the Caribbean style thing.

I dunno I'm spitballing here.

Sat July 14, 2018 10:30 pm

I so badly want those John Milius and Mel Gibson Viking movies that never happened.

Sat July 14, 2018 10:33 pm

It was too good for this world.

Sat July 14, 2018 10:34 pm

A crossover of all of Liam Neeson's recent movies. He plays all the heroes, and all fifty of his wives and daughters have been taken.

Sat July 14, 2018 10:41 pm

Something in the vein of Big Trouble in Little China, but you'd have to get away from the Chinese stuff since that is too problematic unless you do it with perfect historical accuracy/cultural respect, which is boring.

I think you could do a trucker going across America fighting vampires or werewolves or whatever.

Nah. It's starting to sound like Van Helsing.

Sat July 14, 2018 10:52 pm

A movie about a once noble man becoming a bitter incel after he is forced to move back into his parent's basement when he is overlooked for a lucrative job illustrating a star wars character book because he was born with a penis. Based on a true story.
Last edited by BurtReynolds on Sat July 14, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat July 14, 2018 11:00 pm

Burt, what is with your weird thing about Big Trouble in Little China? They still play it on movie channels pretty often and no one complains. If anything it fits in with today's politics better than the 80s, since the white characters are all completely useless and constantly being saved by the Chinese characters.

Sat July 14, 2018 11:00 pm

Whales. It's like Cars, but it's whales instead.

Sat July 14, 2018 11:02 pm

bart wrote:Burt, what is with your weird thing about Big Trouble in Little China? They still play it on movie channels pretty often and no one complains. If anything it fits in with today's politics better than the 80s, since the white characters are all completely useless and constantly being saved by the Chinese characters.

You might be right. Plus, the Chinese market is lucrative, and they don't have the hang ups about this stuff we do. But I feel like BTILC is kinda grandfathered in. Trying to do something new in a similar vein would be difficult.

Sat July 14, 2018 11:04 pm

If anything it would do way better today, rather than ruin Carpenter's career making major studio movies.
Post a reply