The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: HBO's Cavalcade of Misery Presents: Sharp Objects
PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 5:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 5541
I am excited to watch this. Loved the book(s) by this author.

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO's Cavalcade of Misery Presents: Sharp Objects
PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 12:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 4:46 pm
Posts: 730
cutuphalfdead wrote:
you're biased


why is he biased


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO's Cavalcade of Misery Presents: Sharp Objects
PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 12:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 32818
Location: Buenos Aires
I work on this show


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO's Cavalcade of Misery Presents: Sharp Objects
PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 4:46 pm
Posts: 730
oh for fuck sake


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO's Cavalcade of Misery Presents: Sharp Objects
PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 23638
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
theplatypus wrote:
I work on this show

can you do something about the shitty audio please?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO's Cavalcade of Misery Presents: Sharp Objects
PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 32818
Location: Buenos Aires
The sound is one of my favorite things about it


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO's Cavalcade of Misery Presents: Sharp Objects
PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 23638
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
omg that coffee shop scene was some of the worst amateur hour bs i've ever seen on HBO. Loud restaurant walla (chatter) when literally NOBODY in the background was having a conversation. The lead guy's dialogue and mumbling were brutal, and his awful performance brought this poorly produced scene even lower.

There's some great stuff in this show; i especially liked the shot of the sister roller skating on her deck. But when it's bad it is really awful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO's Cavalcade of Misery Presents: Sharp Objects
PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 32818
Location: Buenos Aires
Yeah, I didn't sense that at all. Maybe your speakers or ears are bad


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO's Cavalcade of Misery Presents: Sharp Objects
PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 23638
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
theplatypus wrote:
Yeah, I didn't sense that at all. Maybe your speakers or ears are bad

jesus jorg and you're a professional? watch the scene again.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO's Cavalcade of Misery Presents: Sharp Objects
PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 3:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 32818
Location: Buenos Aires
I will not!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO's Cavalcade of Misery Presents: Sharp Objects
PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 3:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 7632
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
I work on this show too

_________________
tree_ presents M_D's Video Game Tournament: A Thief's End


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO's Cavalcade of Misery Presents: Sharp Objects
PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 23638
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
theplatypus wrote:
I will not!

tell RM who the killers are


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO's Cavalcade of Misery Presents: Sharp Objects
PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14880
tragabigzanda wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
I will not!

tell RM who the killers are


I KNOOOOOW

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO's Cavalcade of Misery Presents: Sharp Objects
PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 23638
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
i'm guessing it's the teenage girls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO's Cavalcade of Misery Presents: Sharp Objects
PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 4:46 pm
Posts: 730
tragabigzanda wrote:
i'm guessing it's the teenage girls


It's obviously the weird step dad.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO's Cavalcade of Misery Presents: Sharp Objects
PostPosted: Tue July 24, 2018 11:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:47 pm
Posts: 2005
the mother is annoying
small cities are such predictable

_________________
It's not our house that we remember,
it’s a feeling outside it when everyone's gone but we leave all the lights on anyway.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO's Cavalcade of Misery Presents: Sharp Objects
PostPosted: Wed July 25, 2018 1:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 32818
Location: Buenos Aires
tragabigzanda wrote:
omg that coffee shop scene was some of the worst amateur hour bs i've ever seen on HBO. Loud restaurant walla (chatter) when literally NOBODY in the background was having a conversation. The lead guy's dialogue and mumbling were brutal, and his awful performance brought this poorly produced scene even lower.

There's some great stuff in this show; i especially liked the shot of the sister roller skating on her deck. But when it's bad it is really awful.

So I just watched the episode again and kept an eye out for this scene, because it didn't jump out at me on first viewing. Yep, still no clue what you're talking about. There's a minimal amount of ambient rumbling and his voice is mixed up front and center. He's somewhat mumbly, but perfectly intelligible. You can take issue with the actor's performance, but there is nothing wrong with that scene on a technical level


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO's Cavalcade of Misery Presents: Sharp Objects
PostPosted: Wed July 25, 2018 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 23638
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
theplatypus wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
omg that coffee shop scene was some of the worst amateur hour bs i've ever seen on HBO. Loud restaurant walla (chatter) when literally NOBODY in the background was having a conversation. The lead guy's dialogue and mumbling were brutal, and his awful performance brought this poorly produced scene even lower.

There's some great stuff in this show; i especially liked the shot of the sister roller skating on her deck. But when it's bad it is really awful.

So I just watched the episode again and kept an eye out for this scene, because it didn't jump out at me on first viewing. Yep, still no clue what you're talking about. There's a minimal amount of ambient rumbling and his voice is mixed up front and center. He's somewhat mumbly, but perfectly intelligible. You can take issue with the actor's performance, but there is nothing wrong with that scene on a technical level

disagree 100%, everyone involved with that scene should be embarrassed; use your involvement and subsequent shame as the reason you are breaking up with your GF

quit your AV career and take up work as a celebrity impersonator (making appearances as the guy from Mindhunter)

Murder the male lead from the show and get him a headstone that reads Not the Poor Man's John Bernthal, Just Some Chode

give my regards to Amy Adams and the guy playing the old cop, they are doing good work


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO's Cavalcade of Misery Presents: Sharp Objects
PostPosted: Wed July 25, 2018 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 32818
Location: Buenos Aires
You are so weird


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO's Cavalcade of Misery Presents: Sharp Objects
PostPosted: Wed July 25, 2018 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 23638
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
jorg there's no "minimal amount", it sounds like there are 30-50 people in that diner carrying on spirited conversation

how many times do you think the phrase "...like True Detective" came up in the pre-production meetings for this show?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue October 16, 2018 12:28 pm