Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Spider-Man: Far From Home 2019

Tue May 22, 2018 12:10 am

Keaton's Vulture returns: http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/9 ... mecoming-2

Jake Gyllenhaal will be Mysterio: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... -2-1113627

Re: Spider-Man 2 (Homecoming Sequel) 2019

Tue May 22, 2018 1:14 pm

Mysterio? Wow.

Tue May 22, 2018 2:23 pm

Fun. I saw that they'd landed him but I hadn't see which role he was up for.

Tue May 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Rey Mysterio? Cool.

Tue May 22, 2018 2:32 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:Rey Mysterio? Cool.

Tue May 22, 2018 2:36 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:Rey Mysterio? Cool.

Watching her eat in a loop like that seems to be giving me something like ASMR

Tue May 22, 2018 2:37 pm

What's ASMR?

Tue May 22, 2018 2:38 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:What's ASMR?

Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is a term used for an experience characterized by a static-like or tingling sensation on the skin that typically begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine. It has been compared with auditory-tactile synesthesia.

Tue May 22, 2018 2:49 pm

Why don't you ever know anything?!

Tue May 22, 2018 2:55 pm

theplatypus wrote:

I wonder this all the time. I imagine I'm either fairly stupid or shielded. And I'm not being ironic. It's blows my mind how many times I have to ask people what something is. I wonder how these things are so known to so many others and completely unknown to me. But I also learned a long time ago that I'd rather be the kind of person who asks than the kind that pretends to know everything. So I ask. And I learn a lot.

Tue May 22, 2018 3:00 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

I wonder this all the time. I imagine I'm either fairly stupid or shielded. And I'm not being ironic. It's blows my mind how many times I have to ask people what something is. I wonder how these things are so known to so many others and completely unknown to me. But I also learned a long time ago that I'd rather be the kind of person who asks than the kind that pretends to know everything. So I ask. And I learn a lot.

I'm 100% on board with you here, though instead of asking, I Google

Tue May 22, 2018 3:00 pm

But by asking aren't you making someone else do the work for you when it would've taken 5 seconds to google ASMR and read the top result?

Tue May 22, 2018 3:14 pm

theplatypus wrote:But by asking aren't you making someone else do the work for you when it would've taken 5 seconds to google ASMR and read the top result?

Sure. I'm mostly referring to real life conversations. Online, yeah, I could Google it. But by asking I'm engaging with someone in what could be a meaningful way. If it's really that annoying, I can stop. I just try to post the way that I talk. I see something I don't know, I respond, "what's that?" I guess I didn't realize people felt so put out by it.

Tue May 22, 2018 3:16 pm

It is not a big deal but I prefer to do ny own research when I don't know what someone is referring to online

Tue May 22, 2018 3:19 pm

theplatypus wrote:It is not a big deal but I prefer to do ny own research when I don't know what someone is referring to online

I usually post at work, often between customers. It's usually more convenient for me to ask the person who already knows and read a quick response than do research. But I see now that what's convenient for me can be inconvenient for others. So, it's kinda selfish of me.

Moving forward, I'll look it up myself and if I still have questions after my research, I'll bring them to the poster.

Tue May 22, 2018 3:22 pm

Do whatever you want!!!

Tue May 22, 2018 3:23 pm

I was a little put off by the simple 'what's that?'... copied and pasted the definition from Google and felt a little empty inside...

Tue May 22, 2018 3:36 pm

tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

I'm 100% on board with you here, though instead of asking, I Google

Tue May 22, 2018 4:42 pm

there has to be the fishbowl...right?

Tue May 22, 2018 4:52 pm

Peeps wrote:there has to be the fishbowl...right?

God, I hope so. Or at least something similar. They did an outstanding job with Vultures design, I think. If it's the same people on that side of things, should be pretty cool, whatever the come up with.
Post a reply