The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 130  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Song Of Ice and Fire (Spoilers for all Published Books
PostPosted: Sun June 02, 2013 8:35 pm 
AnalLog

Mecca wrote:
I'm excited to tune in on twitter and facebook around 9:45pm just to see the reactions. And I swear to christ that if I don't get Grey Wind's head on Robb's body, I am going to nerd rage worse than I did actually reading the red wedding in the book.

Yeah i will be very disappointed too if that doesn't happen.

PostPosted: Sun June 02, 2013 8:38 pm 
slower than 82% of US

kreng wrote:
Mecca wrote:
I'm excited to tune in on twitter and facebook around 9:45pm just to see the reactions. And I swear to christ that if I don't get Grey Wind's head on Robb's body, I am going to nerd rage worse than I did actually reading the red wedding in the book.

it's morbid to want to see it portrayed on the screen, but that was just such a powerful image that its the 2nd thing I think of when "Red Wedding" is mentioned. The first being Robb being stabbed through the heart.

PostPosted: Mon June 03, 2013 1:56 am 
Rank This Poster

it couldnt be any better

talysa being killed made the whole thing even better!

PostPosted: Mon June 03, 2013 2:54 am 
AnalLog

Mecca wrote:
kreng wrote:
Mecca wrote:

it's morbid to want to see it portrayed on the screen, but that was just such a powerful image that its the 2nd thing I think of when "Red Wedding" is mentioned. The first being Robb being stabbed through the heart.

Here's to hoping its going to be the opening shot of next episode

PostPosted: Mon June 03, 2013 4:22 am 
slower than 82% of US

kreng wrote:
Mecca wrote:
kreng wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Here's to hoping its going to be the opening shot of next episode

someone on twitter was saying that there are set photos of it, so next week?

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2013 12:15 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
mf wrote:
yup, a lot to cover in these last 2 eps. it will be disappointing if they don't manage to get Joff's wedding and the wildling attack on Castle Black in. both of those are going to take up significant screen time and i'm guessing that we might only get one.

I'm thinking Joff's wedding and the Castle Black attack will be next season. My guess is we will get Jon defecting from the wildings at the end of this season and warning Castle Black.

i still think we're going to see the wildling party attacking Castle Black and Ygritte's death, and probably Arya setting sail for Braavos. and of course the aftermath of the red wedding.

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2013 1:58 pm 
The Master

mf wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
mf wrote:
yup, a lot to cover in these last 2 eps. it will be disappointing if they don't manage to get Joff's wedding and the wildling attack on Castle Black in. both of those are going to take up significant screen time and i'm guessing that we might only get one.

I'm thinking Joff's wedding and the Castle Black attack will be next season. My guess is we will get Jon defecting from the wildings at the end of this season and warning Castle Black.

i still think we're going to see the wildling party attacking Castle Black and Ygritte's death, and probably Arya setting sail for Braavos. and of course the aftermath of the red wedding.

The best part of the battle at Castle Black is the preparation for it. I hope they don't rush it.

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2013 2:41 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
mf wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
mf wrote:

The best part of the battle at Castle Black is the preparation for it. I hope they don't rush it.

i'm referring to the smaller attack on Castle Black from the south by Ygritte and the other wildlings. the larger assault against the wall with Mance and his army is probably going to be a big part of next season, much like the battle of Blackwater was to season 2. that's my guess anyways.

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2013 3:59 pm 
The Master

mf wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
mf wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
mf wrote:

i'm referring to the smaller attack on Castle Black from the south by Ygritte and the other wildlings. the larger assault against the wall with Mance and his army is probably going to be a big part of next season, much like the battle of Blackwater was to season 2. that's my guess anyways.

I'm referring to the initial battle as well. I may be remembering it incorrectly but I remember certain "traps" being prepared a bit (like the stairs up the wall). That could have been a spur of the moment decision too. I read all the books in a short span so I may be mushing them all together.

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2013 4:01 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
mf wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
mf wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
mf wrote:

I'm referring to the initial battle as well. I may be remembering it incorrectly but I remember certain "traps" being prepared a bit (like the stairs up the wall). That could have been a spur of the moment decision too. I read all the books in a short span so I may be mushing them all together.

ok yeah you may be right. i don't remember much preparation just a few traps like you mentioned.

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2013 4:11 pm 
Broken Tamborine

I agree. The first battle with the traps etc set up is one of my more vivid memories. The odds were desperate and you were not sure castle black was going to be able to hold. They sent up people at key locations. It seemed like there were a lot more wildings then the 8 or so that are there though :(

I rather them not rush it but it would be gut wrenching to watch Ygritte die next week

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2013 4:45 pm 
Future Drummer

So it doesn't look like they will go with Lady Stoneheart. Michelle Tairly has already been cast to have a reappearing role on "Suits". I hope they don't elimnate the character.

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2013 4:57 pm 
slower than 82% of US

lowlight79 wrote:
So it doesn't look like they will go with Lady Stoneheart. Michelle Tairly has already been cast to have a reappearing role on "Suits". I hope they don't elimnate the character.

thats like 2 years away, though

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2013 6:11 pm 
AnalLog

Plus it's a fairly minor character

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2013 6:41 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

So, I'm probably cart before horsing here, but did it look like Jaime was in King's Landing in the preview for the season finale to anyone else? That... seems... odd.

Maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly, but doesn't Jaime come home after Joffrey's death? Are they making some major changes?

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2013 7:03 pm 
Broken Tamborine

You are right. Jaime is actually still on the road when he hears about the little bitch boys death. I looked it up because i was not sure either.

I have mixed feelings about Lady Stoneheart not being it. Would the CGI her completly maybe?

Honestly i thought it was one of the sillier aspects of the book. I did not care for it much so if she is somehow left out i won't care too much BUT. she does play a part it seems in the future.

I do hope they keep Arya's wolf dream. doesn't she see her mother dead by the river and pulls her out for the Brotherhood to find her? Even if they don't turn her into Lady Stoneheart that was a sad moment in the book i hope they keep.

I'm wondering more and more now if they will just cgi stoneheart because they did build up the interaction between donderion and ayra. It seem to foreshadow he might bring back her mom after he felt so bad about her dad being dead.

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2013 7:42 pm 
Future Drummer

That's the only thing that led me to believe that they would bring in Lady Stoneheart as they focused on Beric and the rising from the dead aspect. And isn't she found like 3 days after she is killed? So if they were gonna go that way, they wouldhave to do it next week.

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2013 7:48 pm 
slower than 82% of US

lowlight79 wrote:
That's the only thing that led me to believe that they would bring in Lady Stoneheart as they focused on Beric and the rising from the dead aspect. And isn't she found like 3 days after she is killed? So if they were gonna go that way, they wouldhave to do it next week.

they can pick up that storyline whenever they want, though. There isn't much Brotherhood activity in the books until the epilogue in book 3, which could be season 4 or even season 5 if they so choose. There's so much other story that happens between now and then, the element of surprise and calling back so far into the past could work to benefit the "what the fuck" moments in the show.

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2013 7:59 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Mecca wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:

they can pick up that storyline whenever they want, though. There isn't much Brotherhood activity in the books until the epilogue in book 3, which could be season 4 or even season 5 if they so choose. There's so much other story that happens between now and then, the element of surprise and calling back so far into the past could work to benefit the "what the fuck" moments in the show.

Exactly. Stoneheart is resurrected three days after the wedding, but we don't see her until way after that. Readers never see the resurrections, we just hear about it after the fact. The show could easily handle it the exact same way.

And as for Michelle leaving the show... http://www.buzzfeed.com/kateaurthur/gam ... w-spoilers

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2013 11:37 pm 
Future Drummer

She probably has a clause in her contract that allows her time to shoot any Lady Stoneheart scenes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 130  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment