The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 130  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Song Of Ice and Fire (Spoilers for all Published Books
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:58 am 
Rank This Poster

wondering if Davos will free Robert's bastard

things will start to bomb next week

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:01 pm 
Broken Tamborine

psychobain wrote:
wondering if Davos will free Robert's bastard

things will start to bomb next week

Yeah, Gendry has taken the place of Edric Storm.

So I thought it was weird that the Brotherhood would force Gendry to go. They are not bad people. could it be some sort of religious pull they felt? Maybe but I just thought if they knew what Melisandra was planning for him they woudl not let her do that. I could be wrong though.

More importantly Arya...... and Melisandra's little "we will meet again" Did GRRM approve that? Surely he saw it so he must have. Is that a future book foreshadow then too? Pretty interesting stuff.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:42 pm 
Rank This Poster

i guess so, they're building Aria for something really huge

Gendry is pointless right now on the books, nice trade actually

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:34 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

intodeep wrote:
So I thought it was weird that the Brotherhood would force Gendry to go. They are not bad people. could it be some sort of religious pull they felt? Maybe but I just thought if they knew what Melisandra was planning for him they woudl not let her do that. I could be wrong though.

Dollar, dollar bills, y'all.

I think those two huge bags of coins are the reason they let him go. They aren't bad people, but they've said time and time again they need money to do what they do.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:37 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I need some refreshing.... (I've read all the books, but I'm already forgetting things)

1. Edric Storm is still captive? He wasn't released?
2. Why does Stannis send Davos off?
3. In aDwD, Melisandre burns Mance alive. But then we learn that it wasn't Mance. Why did she use her magic to save Mance? Doesn't she need the blood of king?
4. Jon Snow switched out Gilly and Mance's babies. Has anything happened with that? Did they ever sacrifice Gilly's baby or is she still around?
5. Why did Jon switch the babies? I mean I know WHY, but if Melisandre was burning Mance, what reason did she give for also wanting to burn the child?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:40 pm 
Rank This Poster

durdencommatyler wrote:
I need some refreshing.... (I've read all the books, but I'm already forgetting things)

1. Edric Storm is still captive? He wasn't released?
2. Why does Stannis send Davos off?
3. In aDwD, Melisandre burns Mance alive. But then we learn that it wasn't Mance. Why did she use her magic to save Mance? Doesn't she need the blood of king?
4. Jon Snow switched out Gilly and Mance's babies. Has anything happened with that? Did they ever sacrifice Gilly's baby or is she still around?
5. Why did Jon switch the babies? I mean I know WHY, but if Melisandre was burning Mance, what reason did she give for also wanting to burn the child?

Thanks!

1. No...
2. To find more Northern support
3. No idea
4. Still around
5. Plan A/B/C/D/E/...etc....that's how it works with any kind of God..heh

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:37 am 
Broken Tamborine

i need to re read a dance with dragons :(

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:44 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Jon didn't climb the wall in the book did he? i thought he disappeared to warn castle black.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:13 pm 
The Master

mf wrote:
Jon didn't climb the wall in the book did he? i thought he disappeared to warn castle black.

He did, but he didn't really climb it. Those who had experience did and they dropped down ladders if I remember correctly.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:57 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

New episode tonight.

Bumping this thread so we can keep spoiler discussion and tags out of the other thread.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:10 pm 
Broken Tamborine

So the ravens were a nice touch. I assume that they were controlled by Bloodraven the guy that is calling bran to him.

I'm glad sam killed the white walker, but it was so much cooler when he did it around his brothers and they called him Sam the Slayer.

Dario looks nothing like he is described in the book but i guess that is okay. I hate him and the whole little crush storly line with him and dany in the books. It makes sense but it annoys me.

I thought it was a nice set up for Cersie to tell the Reynes of Castamere storly to MArgery. If show watchers paid attention and then see next episode is called the Rains of Castamere they migh think the lannisters are striking out against the Tyrells next episode.

So they haev a lot of shit to cover in two eps. We need Balon to die which should be quick, The Red Wedding, Joffs wedding, I assume jon's leaving the wildlings and the attack on castle black. I seem to remember the defense of castle black being epic i hope it lives up to it. Probably Ygritte's death in ep 10. Little Finger wisking Sansa away

These final two should be good i'm not sure how they will get it all done

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:03 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Some of that might have to wait till next season?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:16 pm 
AnalLog

bada wrote:
Some of that might have to wait till next season?

yeah i don't think they'll cram all of that in the last 2 episodes.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:59 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

yup, a lot to cover in these last 2 eps. it will be disappointing if they don't manage to get Joff's wedding and the wildling attack on Castle Black in. both of those are going to take up significant screen time and i'm guessing that we might only get one.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:44 pm 
The Master

mf wrote:
yup, a lot to cover in these last 2 eps. it will be disappointing if they don't manage to get Joff's wedding and the wildling attack on Castle Black in. both of those are going to take up significant screen time and i'm guessing that we might only get one.

I'm thinking Joff's wedding and the Castle Black attack will be next season. My guess is we will get Jon defecting from the wildings at the end of this season and warning Castle Black.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:39 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
mf wrote:

I'm thinking Joff's wedding and the Castle Black attack will be next season. My guess is we will get Jon defecting from the wildings at the end of this season and warning Castle Black.

My feeling as well.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:46 am 
Broken Tamborine

Over at TOR a writer is going through the books chapter by chapter giving her opinion and this week she got through the Red Wedding. Classic Reaction:

Commentary
Fucking hell.

Fucking HELL.

FUCKING HELL, WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK WAS THAT FUCKING SHIT??

Fuck.

Fuck!

I’m sorry, we are experiencing rage blackout difficulties. Please come back later when my urge to find George R.R. Martin and slap him with a wet fish has died to a dull roar.

Fuck. I need a drink.

*walks away*

Okay, I have a drink now. I’m all better.

No, fuck that shit, I am NOT all better. Jesus H. Christ. Y’all, my heart is actually hurting me right now and my fingers are kind of shaking, and I’m maybe a little too much invested in this and that is really bad because this is obviously the LAST story one should get invested with the characters in it because they ALL FUCKING DIE and WHAT THE FUCKING HELL.

Because, okay, I knew Walder was going to pull something and I kind of worried that it was going to be an assassination attempt but even though I really REALLY ought to know better by now I still convinced myself it was just going to be something humiliating re: Roslin and not a fucking massacre, because JESUS, WALDER, HOW THE FUCK IS THAT A PROPORTIONAL RESPONSE TO A JILTING, YOU FUCKING WEEPING PUSTULE.

And even if there was an assassination attempt, I convinced myself, surely Robb would survive it. Or even if Robb didn’t survive it, surely Catelyn would survive it, because that is what she does, she survives, right? Martin can’t kill off Catelyn, right?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

I would *headdesk*, but that doesn’t seem like a proportional response either.

Of course, this wasn’t actually about the jilting per se, I don’t think. This was about that gangrenous ass-licking dicknozzle Walder using the jilting as an excuse to throw in with the Lannisters. Not that that makes it any better; it makes it worse, in fact. Although I’m a little puzzled that Pink Cloak Dude (who I feel like I’m supposed to know who that is but I am drawing a total blank) mentioned Jaime Lannister specifically, because isn’t Jaime still blundering around the countryside with Brienne? When would he have made a let’s all be traitors together agreement with Walder Fuckface Frey?

Well, whatever. Ugh, this is all just so sad and ugly and terrible.

Holy shit, Catelyn and Robb are dead. I can’t even fucking believe it. Jesus, when I decided to root for the Starks that was like the worst decision ever.

…Oh my God, and Arya is about to walk in on this shit. There is not enough vodka in the world.

Shit.

*goes to get another drink*

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:03 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

haha yeah i think that's how we all felt. the rest of the world is in for a shock sunday night. prepare for the internet to be a fucking MESS monday morning. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun June 02, 2013 12:48 pm 
Future Drummer

that is an excellent summary of how I felt after reading about the Red Wedding. Any chance of a link? I think I'd like to follow that.

PostPosted: Sun June 02, 2013 8:15 pm 
slower than 82% of US

I'm excited to tune in on twitter and facebook around 9:45pm just to see the reactions. And I swear to christ that if I don't get Grey Wind's head on Robb's body, I am going to nerd rage worse than I did actually reading the red wedding in the book.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 130  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment