Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: So I finally got Netflix...

Thu October 11, 2018 2:26 am

Two episodes into Maniac.

Is this show worth continuing?

Thu October 11, 2018 2:33 am

run2death wrote:Two episodes into Maniac.

if you don't like the first two or three eps you should probably discontinue

Sat October 13, 2018 2:43 am

First ep of Haunting Hill was pretty good.

Sat October 13, 2018 3:50 pm

I have a couple of friends that I trust with stuff like this and they each said that the ending is outstanding. They weren't really into the first few episodes (other than Fukunaga's outstanding direction/pictures). But they ended up loving the last couple of episodes and ultimately said they were glad they watched it.

Sat October 13, 2018 3:51 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:

I have a couple of friends that I trust with stuff like this and they each said that the ending is outstanding. They weren't really into the first few episodes (other than Fukunaga's outstanding direction/pictures). But they ended up loving the last couple of episodes and ultimately said they were glad they watched it.

It is a slow burn, but I've watched 2 episodes and have been very intrigued and into it.

Sat October 13, 2018 5:07 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

It is a slow burn, but I've watched 2 episodes and have been very intrigued and into it.

I fell asleep watching this with my wife the other night, but it's only because I was really tired. The 15 mins or so that I saw were intriguing, and she watched the first 2-3 eps and said they were interesting because the genre was sort of all over the place and yet it worked as a whole. So I'll give this a real shot.

Wed October 17, 2018 4:25 am

The Haunting of Hill House is about what you would expect. Basically American Horror Story with the F word.

Thu October 18, 2018 2:23 pm

Im in ep 5 of Hill House and so far im loving it. Its way better than any of the seasons of AHS for sure.

Fri October 19, 2018 7:59 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I fell asleep watching this with my wife the other night, but it's only because I was really tired. The 15 mins or so that I saw were intriguing, and she watched the first 2-3 eps and said they were interesting because the genre was sort of all over the place and yet it worked as a whole. So I'll give this a real shot.

Started this again last night, i really like it

Sat October 20, 2018 12:27 am

Anyone watching the post conviction making a murderer money grab?

Sat October 20, 2018 2:24 am

I'm reluctantly watching the rest of Maniac.

Good acting. Good dialogue. But the story and the way they've structured it is really fucking stupid.

Sat October 20, 2018 3:29 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:Anyone watching the post conviction making a murderer money grab?

Not yet. Is it any good?

Sat October 20, 2018 8:12 pm

Episode 6 of The Haunting Of Hill House is a goddamn masterpiece.

Sat October 20, 2018 11:00 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:Anyone watching the post conviction making a murderer money grab?

Not yet. Is it any good?

It's 5 pounds of shit in a 20 pound bag

Mon October 22, 2018 4:41 am

Just finished The Haunting Of Hill House. Brilliant.

Mon October 29, 2018 12:07 am

finished Maniac last night. Super uneven but entertaining enough overall. REALLY cool premise that they kind of fumble at times, but would be into an improved second season, or a reboot altogether.

Mon October 29, 2018 2:45 am

started Sabrina. It was cool.

Hill House is still resonating in my head, what a brilliant show.

Mon October 29, 2018 11:34 am

VinylGuy wrote:Just finished The Haunting Of Hill House. Brilliant.

Mon October 29, 2018 1:35 pm

for those who like British drama, The Bodyguard is good. Only 3 episodes in and so much has happened. All killer no filler with this show.

Tue October 30, 2018 1:04 am

doone wrote:for those who like British drama, The Bodyguard is good. Only 3 episodes in and so much has happened. All killer no filler with this show.

I just added it to the list last night, but we’ve not started it yet.

We started The Good Place last night. Pretty forking good so far.
Post a reply