Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: So I finally got Netflix...

Sun June 28, 2020 3:15 pm

Anyone watching Home Game? Some of these sports are wild.

Mon July 06, 2020 6:52 pm

Powered through to the end of season 2. I predicted the ending to my wife before it happened. Let down after how good season 1 was. If there’s a season 3, I’ll probably give it a shot, but they need to dial back the crying. It’s too much.

Tue July 07, 2020 5:11 pm

3 episodes in to season three of Dark, and I'm not digging it so far. Big step down from last season

Tue July 07, 2020 7:26 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:3 episodes in to season three of Dark, and I'm not digging it so far. Big step down from last season

Yeah - we're about 3 or 4 episodes in. I think that my wife has checked out, so I'll probably finish this one on my own at some point, but you're right - it is a pretty big step down

Tue July 07, 2020 7:38 pm

Rangi Guy wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:3 episodes in to season three of Dark, and I'm not digging it so far. Big step down from last season

Yeah - we're about 3 or 4 episodes in. I think that my wife has checked out, so I'll probably finish this one on my own at some point, but you're right - it is a pretty big step down

The whole story of
Spoiler: show
there is a secret group of people that travel time to fix and maintain things has been done before. Most recently with 12 Monkeys the series.

I wish they'd gone a different route.

Tue July 07, 2020 7:40 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

The whole story of
Spoiler: show
there is a secret group of people that travel time to fix and maintain things has been done before. Most recently with 12 Monkeys the series.

I wish they'd gone a different route.

I had completely forgotten about the 12 Monkeys series. I watched season 1 and never followed up after that

Tue July 07, 2020 7:42 pm

It was pretty good. Four seasons total. I think it's on Hulu

Tue July 07, 2020 7:43 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:It was pretty good. Four seasons total. I think it's on Hulu

Which probably translates to two (maybe three) seasons available here. Still waiting for season 5 of Peaky Blinders to drop on Netflix here

Wed July 08, 2020 1:15 am

Rangi Guy wrote:

I'm really confused at which Martha is which...

Wed July 08, 2020 1:19 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

Season 1 & 2 I felt like I kind of needed this on hand to keep up, but now I just have no idea

Wed July 08, 2020 3:57 am

Unsolved mysteries reboot is kinda cool

Fri July 10, 2020 4:04 am

i got bugs wrote:Unsolved mysteries reboot is kinda cool

1, 3, and 6 were good. 2, 4, and 5 were subpar. Robert Stack is missed. This show needs a narrator. The unseen dude from “A Haunting” would be great.

Fri July 10, 2020 4:05 am

Rangi Guy wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

Season 1 & 2 I felt like I kind of needed this on hand to keep up, but now I just have no idea

Just binged seasons 1 and 2. Looking forward to 3. How can the deaf girl be the mother and daughter to Charlotte?

Also, I find Hannah super attractive.

Fri July 10, 2020 12:42 pm

Prepare to be more confused, daft

Fri July 10, 2020 2:14 pm

Russian Doll was really good. We finished it yesterday.

Fri July 10, 2020 2:33 pm

daft twat wrote:

1, 3, and 6 were good. 2, 4, and 5 were subpar. Robert Stack is missed. This show needs a narrator. The unseen dude from “A Haunting” would be great.

I'm enjoying this series. But, yeah, Robert Stack and his trench coat were a huge part of the original series.

Sat July 11, 2020 7:48 pm

EJ wrote:
daft twat wrote:

I'm enjoying this series. But, yeah, Robert Stack and his trench coat were a huge part of the original series.

1 is the one with the guy falling through the parking garage right?? That one was awesome n we are still talking about it

2 was ok but I think it was pretty obvious the husband killed her

Sat July 11, 2020 10:27 pm

i got bugs wrote:
EJ wrote:
daft twat wrote:

1 is the one with the guy falling through the parking garage right?? That one was awesome n we are still talking about it

2 was ok but I think it was pretty obvious the husband killed her

Correct.
And 3 is the one all in French. 6 is the woman who married brothers and murdered one and her own daughter to take the grandson. Those were fascinating. The UFO one was a real disappointment. Pick a more recent “sighting” for Chrissake. The other two cases just seemed too run of the mill to make the cut, though I hope it leads to a tip about who killed the black kid for being black. That one seems like airing this story will lead to a witness coming forward.

Sat July 11, 2020 10:28 pm

2 eps into season 3 of Dark and I’m still loving it.

Sat July 11, 2020 10:29 pm

It got a little better for me at the end of episode four, but this season still feels disjointed
Post a reply