Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

TV: HBO: Barry

Mon March 26, 2018 3:38 am

premiere was excellent. i'm 100% on board for the rest of the season.

Re: TV: HBO: Barry

Mon March 26, 2018 3:49 am

We DVR'd this, can't wait to watch it.

Mon March 26, 2018 3:52 am

tragabigzanda wrote:premiere was excellent. i'm 100% on board for the rest of the season.

Same.

Big Bill Hader fan. Loved the premiere.

Mon April 02, 2018 3:14 pm

Two eps in and this show slays me.

Also, mods, can one of you kindly merge this thread with the other one I started an then forgot about it?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7993&hilit=barry

Mon April 02, 2018 3:23 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Two eps in and this show slays me.

Also, mods, can one of you kindly merge this thread with the other one I started an then forgot about it?

you could just delete that post

Mon April 02, 2018 3:57 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:premiere was excellent. i'm 100% on board for the rest of the season.

Same.

Big Bill Hader fan. Loved the premiere.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: (two thumbs up).

Mon April 02, 2018 4:00 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:Two eps in and this show slays me.

you could just delete that post

done, thanks

Mon April 02, 2018 4:30 pm

Great interview with Hader on directing Barry, including a fair amount of technical stuff:
http://collider.com/bill-hader-intervie ... /#season-2

Mon April 02, 2018 5:15 pm

Watching that fantastic opening scene in E2, and then reading about Hader's experiences directing the episodes this season and his classic cinema influences, I feel like this show could possibly allow us to watch Hader grow into a legitimately talented director.

Tue April 10, 2018 2:48 pm

E3 was more of a plot/character development episode, and it was still great. They're doing a remarkable job of balancing the comedy with the darkness, almost like a way less hammy Dexter. This might be my new favorite show.

Tue April 10, 2018 2:50 pm

Missed the last two episodes due to traveling. Can't wait to dive back in when the time comes.

Tue April 10, 2018 3:37 pm

I saw the first one and i was disappointed.

Tue April 10, 2018 3:39 pm

VinylGuy wrote:I saw the first one and i was disappointed.

heresy

Tue April 10, 2018 3:48 pm

It wasnt funny and it looked pretty normal. I read your review and thought it was going to be amazing.
What i found was really far away from that.

Tue April 10, 2018 3:53 pm

VinylGuy wrote:It wasnt funny

It's definitely not hard comedy, more dramedy. I think I probably laugh louder than my wife does because I've got a long history of being tickled by Bill Hader.

VinylGuy wrote:it looked pretty normal.

The pilot was nothing to write home about visually, but E2 has an opening scene with a terrific sight gag, and the article I linked earlier does shed some light on some of Hader's other visual choices for E2. Again, it's nothing amazing, but having followed Hader very closely I can definitely see him starting to learn and apply some more creative visual flair.

VinylGuy wrote:I read your review and thought it was going to be amazing.

If you didn't respond to the pilot, then I doubt you'll change your mind...But I thought E2 was terrific and we often like the same stuff, so you may want to give it just one more shot before bailing for good.

Tue April 10, 2018 3:56 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:It wasnt funny

It's definitely not hard comedy, more dramedy. I think I probably laugh louder than my wife does because I've got a long history of being tickled by Bill Hader.

VinylGuy wrote:it looked pretty normal.

The pilot was nothing to write home about visually, but E2 has an opening scene with a terrific sight gag, and the article I linked earlier does shed some light on some of Hader's other visual choices for E2. Again, it's nothing amazing, but having followed Hader very closely I can definitely see him starting to learn and apply some more creative visual flair.

VinylGuy wrote:I read your review and thought it was going to be amazing.

If you didn't respond to the pilot, then I doubt you'll change your mind...But I thought E2 was terrific and we often like the same stuff, so you may want to give it just one more shot before bailing for good.

...Trag are you...a victim?...#MeToo?

I might see ep2 yeah, but not now. I have Atlanta man..why would i watch this now?

Tue April 10, 2018 4:00 pm

That's fair, Atlanta is incredible (and certainly more visually compelling). Maybe I'll try to coax you to watch again once the seasons wind down.

Tue April 10, 2018 4:02 pm

Ill watch ep 2 for you buddy. I owe you that for sure.

Tue April 10, 2018 4:07 pm

VinylGuy wrote:Ill watch ep 2 for you buddy. I owe you that for sure.

Ha, you owe me nothing and I don't want to be responsible for 30 minutes of your life being wasted. Maybe try that opening scene and see if takes hold.

Sun April 15, 2018 6:09 pm

Gave the pilot a try last night. Something felt unintentionally off with the pacing early on in the episode, but by the end of it I was hooked...somehow. I'm interested in this show. Absurd premise with some interesting twists early on. I dig it.
Post a reply