Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Iron Fist (Netflix)

Tue March 21, 2017 8:29 pm

theplatypus wrote:I'm not arguing that he should've been Asian, just found B's "if he was Asian he wouldn't have returned to New York" comment strange.

Does my explanation above clear it up?

Tue March 21, 2017 9:53 pm

Wouldn't it be more racist to turn a white guy Asian just because the show is about Kung fu??

Tue March 21, 2017 9:58 pm

Everything is racist.

Tue March 21, 2017 10:53 pm

wease wrote:
doone wrote:I haven't finished the series, nor have I read much about Iron Fist, but my take on him has always been he's got an easy life. No drama no trauma. Kind of like Warren Worthington (Angel) before they ripped his wings off and Apocalypse turned him into Archangel.

Not really. When he was created, his sole purpose for training and becoming the Iron fist was getting revenge on Meachum for killing his father.

Is that in the comics or in the show? I'm only 4 episodes in but he hasn't blamed the meachums for his parents death yet. If fact, he came back expecting them to embrace him.

Tue March 21, 2017 10:55 pm

i got bugs wrote:Wouldn't it be more racist to turn a white guy Asian just because the show is about Kung fu??

It would, it really would.

Tue March 21, 2017 11:05 pm

doone wrote:
wease wrote:
doone wrote:I haven't finished the series, nor have I read much about Iron Fist, but my take on him has always been he's got an easy life. No drama no trauma. Kind of like Warren Worthington (Angel) before they ripped his wings off and Apocalypse turned him into Archangel.

Not really. When he was created, his sole purpose for training and becoming the Iron fist was getting revenge on Meachum for killing his father.

Is that in the comics or in the show? I'm only 4 episodes in but he hasn't blamed the meachums for his parents death yet. If fact, he came back expecting them to embrace him.

Just watch the show.

Tue March 21, 2017 11:50 pm

doone wrote:
wease wrote:

Comics

Wed March 22, 2017 2:13 am

Just finished. I enjoyed it but I completely understand most of the complaints people have about this show. It's also too bad they leaned so heavily into the darker guilt complex stuff. I enjoyed this most when it was a naieve and trusting Danny in a more complicated and ambiguous world.

Gao is great

I'd rate it the weakest of the Netflix shows for sure

Wed March 22, 2017 2:14 am

B wrote:I feel like this series is missing the feeling of dread that the other shows had. The other Defenders were pushed and beaten to the brink of death or total mental destruction. Danny barely takes a hit. He's got billions of dollars at his disposal. I'm going into the finale with very little fear that the world is closing in on him.

Also, why does The Iron Fist use the iron fist so little? I get that in a few episodes his personal identity struggle is making it hard to balance his chi, but in 13 episodes he uses that shit, what?, 7 times? I want to see him fuck some shit up.

Agreed

Tue March 28, 2017 4:42 am

Honestly I think this was my second favorite.. I kinda predicted how things were gonna end, but I wasn't 100% sure.. and this was the only show of the bunch that I wasn't 100% sure..

My only gripe was that he should've smashed up more people with the iron fists

Sat March 03, 2018 9:58 am

Read that a second season of this has been confirmed.

Sat March 03, 2018 1:17 pm

Really? First season kinda sucked.

Sat March 03, 2018 1:22 pm

I haven't seen it yet.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/iron-fist/news/a845355/iron-fist-marvel-netflix-season-2-first-look-danny-rand-finn-jones/

Sat March 03, 2018 1:51 pm

doone wrote:Really? First season kinda sucked.

it did big numbers though

Sat March 03, 2018 2:06 pm

Danny is only tolerable when paired with Luke Cage.

Sat March 03, 2018 3:48 pm

StonyGold wrote:Danny is only tolerable when paired with Luke Cage.

It’s already been announced he’ll be in season 2 of Cage.

Luke Cage (Netflix)

Tue March 06, 2018 7:28 pm

Early 2019.

Re: Luke Cage (Netflix)

Tue March 06, 2018 7:48 pm

Yeah, but he’s gonna show up on Cage this season.

Wed March 07, 2018 2:13 am

Dammit, B. You made it look like I did a Classic B.

Wed March 07, 2018 2:55 am

did i? sorry.
Post a reply