Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Movie: Mission Impossible: Fallout (7-27-18)

Mon July 30, 2018 2:33 am

Fuuuuuck this was good. I loved Superman in this one !! He was so fuckin good. And cruise ?? This man is a legend.

Amazing amazing amazing

Mon July 30, 2018 2:35 am

yeah i enjoyed this one

Mon July 30, 2018 2:39 am

the action was jam-packed and the DP scene was tastefully executed

Mon July 30, 2018 5:33 am

evenslow wrote:- the emotional through line really worked for me. Since these movies are always free floating I liked how they used Monaghan for connective tissue without compromising the Hunt character in the long term. Not easy to do.

I agree. A lot of this movie is about guilt and atonement -- characters are constantly saying "if it hadn't been for me..." or "I got us into this mess". That scene near the end felt like a very real and poignant resolution to this running theme

Mon July 30, 2018 2:41 pm

Can we talk about how cool Cruise is in this?

Mon July 30, 2018 3:08 pm

I heard today that Cruise is five years older now than Wilford Brimley was when he filmed Cocoon, lol

Mon July 30, 2018 3:18 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:I heard today that Cruise is five years older now than Wilford Brimley was when he filmed Cocoon, lol

whoa

Mon July 30, 2018 3:19 pm

child labor does wonders for one's complexion

Mon July 30, 2018 3:32 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:I heard today that Cruise is five years older now than Wilford Brimley was when he filmed Cocoon, lol

He is 56 years old. Pretty incredible he is close to being 60 and still looks like what..40?

Mon July 30, 2018 7:58 pm

Based on all the insane praise everyone everywhere is heaping on this, I’m guessing I will think it is just okay at best. Sigh.

Mon July 30, 2018 10:54 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:Based on all the insane praise everyone everywhere is heaping on this, I’m guessing I will think it is just okay at best. Sigh.

At best you’ll outright hate it.

Mon July 30, 2018 10:58 pm

i think you'll dig it LV. There's an elemental quality to it that i bet you'll appreciate, and McQuarrie does his best directing work to date.

Mon July 30, 2018 11:06 pm

Saw this tonight, and yeah it's probably a franchise best. They outdid themselves on this one; super tense at times! Humour was perfectly judged, and I don't even know how to describe Mr. Cruise at this point. At 56, he's a damn force of nature. He's just relentless. What a hero!

Tue July 31, 2018 1:39 am

Yeah I definitely need to see this one, the last few MI's were really enjoyable. I honestly prefer these over the Bond and Bourne films these days by far. Aalso excited to hear that Doug Liman is redoing the Edge of Tomorrow sequel and that Cruise and Blunt are supposedly on board...

Tue July 31, 2018 1:54 am

the c*mshot was well-filmed

multi-angle and i wasn't expecting the super slow-mo matrix effect

Tue July 31, 2018 4:58 am

VinylGuy wrote:Can we talk about how cool Cruise is in this?

it's great that he's starting to lean in to his age a bit. some of the best scenes -- dramatic, comedic, and action scenes -- were orchestrated around Ethan's getting older.

Tue July 31, 2018 8:43 am

https://mashable.com/2018/07/28/tom-cru ... DeSFJRzMqc

Math determines that the more Tom Cruise runs, the better his movies are

Tue July 31, 2018 11:06 am

tragabigzanda wrote:

it's great that he's starting to lean in to his age a bit. some of the best scenes -- dramatic, comedic, and action scenes -- were orchestrated around Ethan's getting older.

Yeah, this. For example, his expressions during the bathroom fight were on point. Same with the fight at the end.

I don't many 56 yr olds who run as relentlessly as he does in this movie.

Tue July 31, 2018 1:24 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:

i like that too, and the stunt work is just astonishing. But at the top of that, i love his acting. Loved everything that happens with his ex wife, with his pals, with Isla...how he communicates a felling with just a look. The guy is brilliant.

Tue July 31, 2018 4:58 pm

Post a reply