Red Mosquito
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/

Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11229
Page 5 of 12

Author:  B [ Wed May 25, 2016 12:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Image

Author:  doone [ Wed May 25, 2016 12:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe

:haha:

Author:  E.H. Ruddock [ Wed June 01, 2016 7:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe

This seems like a more appropriate place to continue the discussion in the X-Men thread.

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
B wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
I am fine with the idea of a "shared universe" for film properties, if:
1- The directors are allowed to apply their own style and vision for each film instead of being press-ganged into some faceless "house style",
2- The films are able to stand on their own as satisfying, coherent, cohesive pieces of dramatic fiction instead of advertisements for the next installment.


For the most part, Marvel does that well. I have no problem with Cap, Thor, IronMan, and the Avengers being one long serial story, but when they cut out from that like in Antman, they can tone it down a bit. Reference the larger world, but that scene with Falcon was long, unnecessary, and uninteresting. Should have been a quick cameo.

Yeah, maybe follow some of their shows as an example. In Daredevil and JJ, they just reference "the events of New York". That is all I need to tie it in my head without it getting too involved. Even in all of its cheesiness, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. does the tie ins well.

But now, since Ant-Man, Black Panther, and others have been in Avengers/Captain America movies, I'm afraid most of the more "minor" characters that get movies will all get that treatment now.

Author:  LoathedVermin72 [ Wed June 01, 2016 7:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Anyone who says Marvel has no "house style" and they do a good job getting unique directors who are allowed to bring their own style has no idea what they're talking about.

Author:  E.H. Ruddock [ Wed June 01, 2016 7:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Anyone who says Marvel has no "house style" and they do a good job getting unique directors who are allowed to bring their own style has no idea what they're talking about.

I just assumed the same director was doing all the Marvel movies. *shrugs*

Author:  LoathedVermin72 [ Wed June 01, 2016 7:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Anyone who says Marvel has no "house style" and they do a good job getting unique directors who are allowed to bring their own style has no idea what they're talking about.

I just assumed the same director was doing all the Marvel movies. *shrugs*

pretty much yeah

Author:  bada [ Wed June 01, 2016 8:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Image

Author:  stip [ Thu June 02, 2016 1:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe

the next round of movies will be interesting since they are the first be made under the new restructured arrangement that theoretically provides the film division with more autonomy. Things changed while Civil War was well underway.

Author:  B [ Sun July 03, 2016 12:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Image

Author:  B [ Fri July 22, 2016 10:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe

I'm watching Iron Man 3 with my kids. It's so hard to understand that they never stop asking questions.

I'm suddenly dreading Thor 2.

Author:  durdencommatyler [ Fri July 22, 2016 11:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe

B wrote:
Image

IN

Author:  E.H. Ruddock [ Sun July 24, 2016 2:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe

durdencommatyler wrote:
B wrote:
Image

IN

OMG

Author:  durdencommatyler [ Wed February 07, 2018 11:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index

Ranking the MCU films that I've seen:

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. Doctor Strange
3. Iron Man
4. Captain America: Civil War
5. Iron Man 3
6. Spider-Man: Homecoming
7. Guardians of the Galaxy
8. Thor
9. Captain America: The First Avenger
10. The Incredible Hulk
11. Iron Man 2

Author:  wease [ Thu February 08, 2018 2:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index

durdencommatyler wrote:
Ranking the MCU films that I've seen:

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. Doctor Strange
3. Iron Man
4. Captain America: Civil War
5. Iron Man 3
6. Spider-Man: Homecoming
7. Guardians of the Galaxy
8. Thor
9. Captain America: The First Avenger
10. The Incredible Hulk
11. Iron Man 2

Thought you were gonna watch Ant-Man.

Author:  B [ Thu February 08, 2018 2:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Hard to rank shit that is essentially one long story.

Captain America: WS
Iron Man
Captain America: Civil War
Thor: Ragnarok
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers
Avengers: AOU
Doctor Strange
Ant-Man
Captain America: TFA
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
The Incredible Hulk
Thor
Thor: DW

Coming Soon:
Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Spider-Man 2
Captain Marvel
Avengers 4

Author:  wease [ Thu February 08, 2018 11:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Spider-Man 2 and GotG 3 are both after Avengers 4. It was revealed S-M2 will take place just minutes after the ending of A4.

Author:  bada [ Thu February 08, 2018 2:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe

1. The ones with Captain America.
2. The ones with the Raccoon.
3. The last one with Thor.
4. The rest.

Author:  Peeps [ Thu February 08, 2018 2:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe

the next phase hopefully goes towards secret invasion and can be used to describe minor character quirks that seem a little bit out of the norm

Author:  durdencommatyler [ Thu February 08, 2018 5:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index

wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Ranking the MCU films that I've seen:

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. Doctor Strange
3. Iron Man
4. Captain America: Civil War
5. Iron Man 3
6. Spider-Man: Homecoming
7. Guardians of the Galaxy
8. Thor
9. Captain America: The First Avenger
10. The Incredible Hulk
11. Iron Man 2

Thought you were gonna watch Ant-Man.

I'll get to it one of these days.

Author:  LoathedVermin72 [ Thu February 08, 2018 5:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe

1. Gregg Turkington’s cameo in Ant-Man

Page 5 of 12 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/