The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Mon February 26, 2018 9:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 33021
Peeps wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
I’m watching Iron man 3 tonight. I seem to remember thinking it overlong and convoluted.
Really enjoyed rewatching 2 last night though. That’s the one nobody likes right?


2 was good and 3 wasnt as bad as people make it out. i like that they address the PTSD tony has regarding the alien invasion and i like that has been carried on throughout the rest of his appearances

i didnt like getting pepper powers. i know people hated the mandarin reveal but i thought it was a clever twist on a central IM villain without having to explain too much (for example in the comics the mandarin gets his rings from aliens who are actually dragons)

i still rank IM, CA:TWS and CA:CW as 1a, 1b and 1c as their best entries and you can argue any order and i could agree


Thanks Peeps. Watching 3 right now. I really love it. Especially the whole bit with the kid.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 26027
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Just finished Winter Soldier. Fuck yeah, what a great movie.

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 26027
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Next up: GotG.

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 13471
Location: Oslo, Norway
wease wrote:
Next up: GotG.


That's always fun. :thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 11717
I like the GOTG.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 71217
wease wrote:
Just finished Winter Soldier. Fuck yeah, what a great movie.

not a big marvel fan but I think this is my favorite

_________________
Dev wrote:
I was abused by mods


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 45317
Location: Garbage Dump
It’s nice because it tricks Marvel fans into thinking they’re watching something smart/adult

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Take that post and push it off a bridge.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 6:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 71217
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
It’s nice because it tricks Marvel fans into thinking they’re watching something smart/adult

no, you’re the one who is nice

_________________
Dev wrote:
I was abused by mods


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 86911
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
It’s nice because it tricks Marvel fans into thinking they’re watching something smart/adult

Or maybe there are others out there like me, who aren't big Marvel fans, but enjoyed Winter Soldier because it was a good movie that felt more like a Bond or Mission Impossible film than a SUPERHERO BLOW-EM-UP-SPLOTION-ALIEN-SPACE-TIME movie.

Either way, I don't think I've seen much criticism in the way of it being a "smart" or "adult" film. Then again, I don't really pay attention to a lot of this stuff.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 86911
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
Ranking the MCU films that I've seen:

1. Black Panther
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. Doctor Strange
4. Iron Man
5. Captain America: Civil War
6. Iron Man 3
7. Spider-Man: Homecoming
8. Guardians of the Galaxy
9. Thor
10. Captain America: The First Avenger
11. The Incredible Hulk
12. Iron Man 2

Still haven't seen Ant-Man. :|


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 8:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 45317
Location: Garbage Dump
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
It’s nice because it tricks Marvel fans into thinking they’re watching something smart/adult

Or maybe there are others out there like me, who aren't big Marvel fans, but enjoyed Winter Soldier because it was a good movie that felt more like a Bond or Mission Impossible film than a SUPERHERO BLOW-EM-UP-SPLOTION-ALIEN-SPACE-TIME movie.

Either way, I don't think I've seen much criticism in the way of it being a "smart" or "adult" film. Then again, I don't really pay attention to a lot of this stuff.

This is kinda what I said

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Take that post and push it off a bridge.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 8:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 13471
Location: Oslo, Norway
durdencommatyler wrote:
Ranking the MCU films that I've seen:

1. Black Panther
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. Doctor Strange
4. Iron Man
5. Captain America: Civil War
6. Iron Man 3
7. Spider-Man: Homecoming
8. Guardians of the Galaxy
9. Thor
10. Captain America: The First Avenger
11. The Incredible Hulk
12. Iron Man 2

Still haven't seen Ant-Man. :|


What about the Avengers?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 8:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 86911
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
It’s nice because it tricks Marvel fans into thinking they’re watching something smart/adult

Or maybe there are others out there like me, who aren't big Marvel fans, but enjoyed Winter Soldier because it was a good movie that felt more like a Bond or Mission Impossible film than a SUPERHERO BLOW-EM-UP-SPLOTION-ALIEN-SPACE-TIME movie.

Either way, I don't think I've seen much criticism in the way of it being a "smart" or "adult" film. Then again, I don't really pay attention to a lot of this stuff.

This is kinda what I said

I am easily fooled, so I guess you're right. Us brain-dead, non-thinkers should probably just stick to early Pearl Jam and Cheers re-runs.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 8:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 86911
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
Anders wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Ranking the MCU films that I've seen:

1. Black Panther
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. Doctor Strange
4. Iron Man
5. Captain America: Civil War
6. Iron Man 3
7. Spider-Man: Homecoming
8. Guardians of the Galaxy
9. Thor
10. Captain America: The First Avenger
11. The Incredible Hulk
12. Iron Man 2

Still haven't seen Ant-Man. :|


What about the Avengers?

Did I not put that one on the list...? I'll be damned... Hang on.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 8:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 45317
Location: Garbage Dump
You need to calm down, Joey

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Take that post and push it off a bridge.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 86911
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
1. Black Panther
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. Doctor Strange
4. Iron Man
5. Captain America: Civil War
6. Iron Man 3
7. Spider-Man: Homecoming
8. Guardians of the Galaxy
9. Thor
10. The Avengers
11. Captain America: The First Avenger
12. The Incredible Hulk
13. Iron Man 2


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 86911
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
You need to calm down, Joey

I know. I'm so worked up about this I could just scream. My blood pressure is through the roof.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 45317
Location: Garbage Dump
:?

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Take that post and push it off a bridge.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 26027
Location: Where everybody knows your name
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
It’s nice because it tricks Marvel fans into thinking they’re watching something smart/adult

Or maybe there are others out there like me, who aren't big Marvel fans, but enjoyed Winter Soldier because it was a good movie that felt more like a Bond or Mission Impossible film than a SUPERHERO BLOW-EM-UP-SPLOTION-ALIEN-SPACE-TIME movie.

Either way, I don't think I've seen much criticism in the way of it being a "smart" or "adult" film. Then again, I don't really pay attention to a lot of this stuff.

This is kinda what I said

I am easily fooled, so I guess you're right. Us brain-dead, non-thinkers should probably just stick to early Pearl Jam and Cheers re-runs.

Please don’t lower Cheers to this level.

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 8:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 13471
Location: Oslo, Norway
durdencommatyler wrote:
1. Black Panther
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. Doctor Strange
4. Iron Man
5. Captain America: Civil War
6. Iron Man 3
7. Spider-Man: Homecoming
8. Guardians of the Galaxy
9. Thor
10. The Avengers
11. Captain America: The First Avenger
12. The Incredible Hulk
13. Iron Man 2


Only five left to see. Surprised by the low rank of Avengers. What did you dislike about Iron Man 2?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue March 09, 2021 10:18 am