The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Sat January 12, 2019 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 14146
Location: Oslo, Norway
Really good/highly entertaining:
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers: Infinity War
Avengers: Endgame
Avengers
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Ant-Man
The Punisher (series)

Good/light entertainment:
Iron Man
Black Panther
Captain America: WS
The Punisher (series)
Thor
Iron Man 2
Defenders (series)
Thor: Ragnarok

OK/watchable:
Avengers: AOU
Agent Carter (series)
Captain America: Civil War
Iron Man 3
Daredevil (series)
Luke Cage (series)
Iron Fist (series)
Captain America: TFA
Captain Marvel
Guardians Of The Galaxy 2
The Incredible Hulk
Doctor Strange
Spiderman: Far From Home
S.H.I.E.L.D. (series)
Jessica Jones (series)
Runaways (series)

Mediocre/letdown:
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Thor: DW

Bad/unwatchable:
Cloak & Dagger (series)
Inhumans (series)


Last edited by Anders on Sun March 28, 2021 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Sat January 12, 2019 11:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 26832
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Ive still not finished Cloak & Dagger and I’ve not even started Runaways.

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Mon February 22, 2021 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 19309
Location: Cumberland, RI
I'm watching some of the early Marvel movies for the first time (I think I've only seen 4 total before this), and my favorite part so far was seeing Gary Shandling in Iron Man 2. What a treasure that man was.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Tue February 23, 2021 12:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 72641
i forgot that guy died

_________________
Dev wrote:
I was abused by mods


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Tue February 23, 2021 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 26832
Location: Where everybody knows your name
wease wrote:
Ive still not finished Cloak & Dagger and I’ve not even started Runaways.

This hasn’t changed.

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Tue February 23, 2021 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Classic B
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 17783
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
wease wrote:
wease wrote:
Ive still not finished Cloak & Dagger and I’ve not even started Runaways.

This hasn’t changed.

I've watched both series in full. No rush.

_________________
Everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Thu March 11, 2021 4:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 19309
Location: Cumberland, RI
So I finished The Avengers and liked it probably more than I thought I would.

The only movie I skipped in Phase 1 was The Hulk. If I understand it correctly, I can probably skip Thor 2 too, right?

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Thu March 11, 2021 11:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 35869
Thor 2 has its charms. It has the most non-descript villain of the bunch, but the thor/Loki dynamic is worth watching and it does help set up ragnarok and elements of endgame. If you skip it, read a plot synopsis

_________________
The Sky I Scrape Gigaton Review


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Thu March 11, 2021 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 72641
Simple Torture wrote:
So I finished The Avengers and liked it probably more than I thought I would.

The only movie I skipped in Phase 1 was The Hulk. If I understand it correctly, I can probably skip Thor 2 too, right?

i feel like I’m one of only like ten people who hates it

the avengers, that is

_________________
Dev wrote:
I was abused by mods


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Thu March 11, 2021 4:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 26832
Location: Where everybody knows your name
I love the Hulk movie. Edward Norton was a fantastic Bruce Banner.

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Thu March 11, 2021 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Classic B
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 17783
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
I like all the Hulk movies, even that one, but Ruffalo's pretty great.

_________________
Everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Thu March 11, 2021 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 11897
Wonder if the multiverse opens the door for a Ed Norton return in some capacity?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Thu March 11, 2021 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 26832
Location: Where everybody knows your name
bada wrote:
Wonder if the multiverse opens the door for a Ed Norton return in some capacity?

But he was in the main universe already.

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Thu March 11, 2021 7:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 11897
wease wrote:
bada wrote:
Wonder if the multiverse opens the door for a Ed Norton return in some capacity?

But he was in the main universe already.


maybe yes maybe no it wouldn't take much to retcon that movie


Last edited by bada on Fri March 12, 2021 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Thu March 11, 2021 7:33 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 6:10 pm
Posts: 3644
Bring back Bana

_________________
The Argonaut wrote:
Many librarians are not a joke. I am one of the librarians that is a joke


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Thu March 11, 2021 8:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 26832
Location: Where everybody knows your name
JuanHamm wrote:
Bring back Bana

God no.

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Fri March 12, 2021 1:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 87941
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
stip wrote:
Thor 2 has its charms. It has the most non-descript villain of the bunch, but the thor/Loki dynamic is worth watching and it does help set up ragnarok and elements of endgame. If you skip it, read a plot synopsis

Thor 2 is one of only a few Marvel films I haven't seen.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Fri March 12, 2021 1:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 87941
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
wease wrote:
I love the Hulk movie. Edward Norton was a fantastic Bruce Banner.

:heartbeat:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Fri March 12, 2021 1:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 26832
Location: Where everybody knows your name
epilogue wrote:
stip wrote:
Thor 2 has its charms. It has the most non-descript villain of the bunch, but the thor/Loki dynamic is worth watching and it does help set up ragnarok and elements of endgame. If you skip it, read a plot synopsis

Thor 2 is one of only a few Marvel films I haven't seen.

Stip’s comment is pretty much spot on. The Thor/Loki thing and a few things that set up later events. But overall, no watch needed. It’s my least favorite Marvel movie, yet it’s my favorite superhero. (And deity).

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe
PostPosted: Fri March 12, 2021 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 87941
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:
stip wrote:
Thor 2 has its charms. It has the most non-descript villain of the bunch, but the thor/Loki dynamic is worth watching and it does help set up ragnarok and elements of endgame. If you skip it, read a plot synopsis

Thor 2 is one of only a few Marvel films I haven't seen.

Stip’s comment is pretty much spot on. The Thor/Loki thing and a few things that set up later events. But overall, no watch needed. It’s my least favorite Marvel movie, yet it’s my favorite superhero. (And deity).

Interesting. I didn't feel like I missed anything at all. But I also have f no idea what happened in that movie. I've never even read a synopsis. Don't really remember seeing a trailer either.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri April 23, 2021 2:15 pm