The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index
PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2020 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 15027
Location: Oslo, Norway
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
The Superman movies are really underrated here at RM.


Which one had the Niagara Falls scene?


Superman II

Lois Lane and Clark Kent are on assignment at Niagara Falls. This now marks the second time that Lois suspects Clark is Superman, but this sequence ends very differently.

In the theatrical cut, Lois and Clark are at Niagara Falls, when a young boy falls from a ledge and plummets towards the water. Clark does a quick-change into Superman and saves the boy.

Lois notices that Clark and Superman are never around at the same time, so assumes they are the same person. To test her theory, she jumps off a ledge – only to get (sort of) rescued by Clark, not Superman.

Lois’s theory doesn’t pan out, but a short while later, Clark accidentally reveals his secret identity. Back at their hotel, he trips and puts his hand in a fire; but when Lois takes a look at his hand she can’t see any burn marks, leading to the revelation he IS Superman.

In the Richard Donner Cut, only the scene with the boy takes place. Lois’s fall, as well as the entire fire sequence have been removed.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index
PostPosted: Wed December 02, 2020 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 90399
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
Anders wrote:
Started Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut. Don’t think I’ve seen this version before. Really looking forward to it.

Going to do a DC marathon.

The Donner Cut is outstanding. Easily my favorite Superman movie, so far.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index
PostPosted: Fri December 11, 2020 5:00 pm 
Online
User avatar
Classic B
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 19519
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Image

_________________
Everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index
PostPosted: Tue January 05, 2021 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:41 am
Posts: 6686
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Looks like people jumped the gun on Bat Keaton

_________________
"I'll hold your wallet while you go fuck yourself"-David Letterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:41 am
Posts: 6686
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Chris Evans Nears Deal To Reprise Role In Future Marvel Project
Image

By Justin Kroll
Deadline
Senior Film Reporter
January 14, 2021

EXCLUSIVE: In a move that is sure to rock the Marvel Cinematic Universe, sources tell Deadline that Chris Evans is cleaning the dust off his Captain America attire as he expected reprise the role in the MCU in some form. Still vague if deal as completely closed but insiders say its headed in that direction for Evans to return as Steve Rogers aka Captain America in at least one Marvel property with the door open for a second film. Sources add it’s unlikely to be a new Captain America installment and more likely to be like what Robert Downey Jr. did after Iron Man 3, appearing in films like Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Marvel had no comment.

Evans had been very public that he would be hanging up the shield after Avengers: Endgame with Marvel going as far as having the character hand the shield to Anthony Mackie’s character at the end of the film in a passing of the torch type of moment. Things had changed in recent months as the idea was floated of Evans returning to the MCU as Rogers to see if there was any interest and as the weeks went by, Evans became more game to the idea with the two sides coming to agreement at the top of the year.

How he may return is still unclear and being worked out but the options are unlimited. Over the years, even after a character’s film franchises have come to an end, Marvel has found way to insert them into the MCU in other properties and with the addition of new Disney Plus limited series even adds more properties where he could make his return if its not his own film. Whatever that path may be, fans are sure to be invigorated knowing they would be seeing the return of a character that they assumed wouldn’t be back anytime soon.

_________________
"I'll hold your wallet while you go fuck yourself"-David Letterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 15027
Location: Oslo, Norway
epilogue wrote:
Anders wrote:
Started Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut. Don’t think I’ve seen this version before. Really looking forward to it.

Going to do a DC marathon.

The Donner Cut is outstanding. Easily my favorite Superman movie, so far.


It was a vast improvement.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index
PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 10:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:17 pm
Posts: 4685
Location: right there
Stickman wrote:
Chris Evans Nears Deal To Reprise Role In Future Marvel Project
Image

By Justin Kroll
Deadline
Senior Film Reporter
January 14, 2021

EXCLUSIVE: In a move that is sure to rock the Marvel Cinematic Universe, sources tell Deadline that Chris Evans is cleaning the dust off his Captain America attire as he expected reprise the role in the MCU in some form. Still vague if deal as completely closed but insiders say its headed in that direction for Evans to return as Steve Rogers aka Captain America in at least one Marvel property with the door open for a second film. Sources add it’s unlikely to be a new Captain America installment and more likely to be like what Robert Downey Jr. did after Iron Man 3, appearing in films like Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Marvel had no comment.

Evans had been very public that he would be hanging up the shield after Avengers: Endgame with Marvel going as far as having the character hand the shield to Anthony Mackie’s character at the end of the film in a passing of the torch type of moment. Things had changed in recent months as the idea was floated of Evans returning to the MCU as Rogers to see if there was any interest and as the weeks went by, Evans became more game to the idea with the two sides coming to agreement at the top of the year.

How he may return is still unclear and being worked out but the options are unlimited. Over the years, even after a character’s film franchises have come to an end, Marvel has found way to insert them into the MCU in other properties and with the addition of new Disney Plus limited series even adds more properties where he could make his return if its not his own film. Whatever that path may be, fans are sure to be invigorated knowing they would be seeing the return of a character that they assumed wouldn’t be back anytime soon.

Yay!

_________________
bada wrote:
Cause the two girls on the board voted for the rapey song.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index
PostPosted: Fri January 15, 2021 12:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 28768
Location: Where everybody knows your name
doone wrote:
Stickman wrote:
Chris Evans Nears Deal To Reprise Role In Future Marvel Project
Image

By Justin Kroll
Deadline
Senior Film Reporter
January 14, 2021

EXCLUSIVE: In a move that is sure to rock the Marvel Cinematic Universe, sources tell Deadline that Chris Evans is cleaning the dust off his Captain America attire as he expected reprise the role in the MCU in some form. Still vague if deal as completely closed but insiders say its headed in that direction for Evans to return as Steve Rogers aka Captain America in at least one Marvel property with the door open for a second film. Sources add it’s unlikely to be a new Captain America installment and more likely to be like what Robert Downey Jr. did after Iron Man 3, appearing in films like Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Marvel had no comment.

Evans had been very public that he would be hanging up the shield after Avengers: Endgame with Marvel going as far as having the character hand the shield to Anthony Mackie’s character at the end of the film in a passing of the torch type of moment. Things had changed in recent months as the idea was floated of Evans returning to the MCU as Rogers to see if there was any interest and as the weeks went by, Evans became more game to the idea with the two sides coming to agreement at the top of the year.

How he may return is still unclear and being worked out but the options are unlimited. Over the years, even after a character’s film franchises have come to an end, Marvel has found way to insert them into the MCU in other properties and with the addition of new Disney Plus limited series even adds more properties where he could make his return if its not his own film. Whatever that path may be, fans are sure to be invigorated knowing they would be seeing the return of a character that they assumed wouldn’t be back anytime soon.

Yay!

:ohyeah!:

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index
PostPosted: Mon March 29, 2021 1:13 am 
Online
User avatar
Classic B
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 19519
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA

_________________
Everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index
PostPosted: Mon April 05, 2021 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 33590
Dammit Loki looks really really good.



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index
PostPosted: Mon April 05, 2021 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
jeeeesus relax already
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 27244
yeah, that could be fun.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index
PostPosted: Mon April 19, 2021 2:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
jeeeesus relax already
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 27244
That Shang chi trailer got me exited with the fights and cinematography and then Awkwafina makes a joke and im super bummed out.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:41 am
Posts: 6686
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada

_________________
"I'll hold your wallet while you go fuck yourself"-David Letterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 15027
Location: Oslo, Norway
Is the best over? None of the upcoming movies sound like they could top the previous MCU movies.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:41 am
Posts: 6686
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
The new Thor movie is supposed to be a nearly Avengers level story and affect how the MCU goes forward.

_________________
"I'll hold your wallet while you go fuck yourself"-David Letterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:28 pm 
Online
User avatar
Classic B
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 19519
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Anders wrote:
Is the best over? None of the upcoming movies sound like they could top the previous MCU movies.


It will build into one big story again. I have a faith.

_________________
Everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:04 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 6:10 pm
Posts: 4230
Anders wrote:
Is the best over? None of the upcoming movies sound like they could top the previous MCU movies.


It's been 2 years and they're kicking things off with a prequel and two origin stories. It definitely feels like a significant lull and my interest has seriously waned.

I don't really care about Black Widow's backstory at this point. Maybe 10 years ago, but I'm more interested in movies that are going to advance the story. Shang Chi isn't a character that I've ever heard of and doesn't seem particularly interesting. The Eternals could be interesting. I do like the cosmic side of things, but they aren't characters I'm very familiar with either.

_________________
The Argonaut wrote:
Many librarians are not a joke. I am one of the librarians that is a joke


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:15 pm 
Online
User avatar
Classic B
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 19519
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Hard to remember how lame everyone expected Ironman, Captain America, and Thor to be? A robot guy, a 40's virtue icon, and some dumb god guy, none of which were considered interesting enough to be held onto by Sony or Fox or whoever was making Marvel movies back then.

_________________
Everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:21 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 6:10 pm
Posts: 4230
B wrote:
Hard to remember how lame everyone expected Ironman, Captain America, and Thor to be? A robot guy, a 40's virtue icon, and some dumb god guy, none of which were considered interesting enough to be held onto by Sony or Fox or whoever was making Marvel movies back then.


Fair enough. I don't think Thor 1 or Captain America 1 hold up that well, but Iron Man was good. It had RDJ going for it, though.

Obviously they weren't as well known back then as they are now, but The Avengers surely had more built-in appeal than Shang chi and The Eternals.

_________________
The Argonaut wrote:
Many librarians are not a joke. I am one of the librarians that is a joke


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:26 pm 
Online
User avatar
Classic B
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 19519
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Yeah, I'm not super excited for the 2021 films, but I'm willing to give Marvel a little rope because there were many surprisingly good Infinity Saga movies and Infinity War and End Game were a great finale to a 10 year story.

_________________
Everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Mon October 18, 2021 11:26 am