The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Marvel/DC Entertainment Master Index
PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2020 8:35 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
The Superman movies are really underrated here at RM.

Which one had the Niagara Falls scene?

Superman II

Lois Lane and Clark Kent are on assignment at Niagara Falls. This now marks the second time that Lois suspects Clark is Superman, but this sequence ends very differently.

In the theatrical cut, Lois and Clark are at Niagara Falls, when a young boy falls from a ledge and plummets towards the water. Clark does a quick-change into Superman and saves the boy.

Lois notices that Clark and Superman are never around at the same time, so assumes they are the same person. To test her theory, she jumps off a ledge – only to get (sort of) rescued by Clark, not Superman.

Lois’s theory doesn’t pan out, but a short while later, Clark accidentally reveals his secret identity. Back at their hotel, he trips and puts his hand in a fire; but when Lois takes a look at his hand she can’t see any burn marks, leading to the revelation he IS Superman.

In the Richard Donner Cut, only the scene with the boy takes place. Lois’s fall, as well as the entire fire sequence have been removed.

PostPosted: Wed December 02, 2020 9:32 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Anders wrote:
Started Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut. Don’t think I’ve seen this version before. Really looking forward to it.

Going to do a DC marathon.

The Donner Cut is outstanding. Easily my favorite Superman movie, so far.

PostPosted: Fri December 11, 2020 5:00 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Tue January 05, 2021 11:05 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Looks like people jumped the gun on Bat Keaton

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 6:38 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Chris Evans Nears Deal To Reprise Role In Future Marvel Project

By Justin Kroll
Deadline
Senior Film Reporter
January 14, 2021

EXCLUSIVE: In a move that is sure to rock the Marvel Cinematic Universe, sources tell Deadline that Chris Evans is cleaning the dust off his Captain America attire as he expected reprise the role in the MCU in some form. Still vague if deal as completely closed but insiders say its headed in that direction for Evans to return as Steve Rogers aka Captain America in at least one Marvel property with the door open for a second film. Sources add it’s unlikely to be a new Captain America installment and more likely to be like what Robert Downey Jr. did after Iron Man 3, appearing in films like Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Marvel had no comment.

Evans had been very public that he would be hanging up the shield after Avengers: Endgame with Marvel going as far as having the character hand the shield to Anthony Mackie’s character at the end of the film in a passing of the torch type of moment. Things had changed in recent months as the idea was floated of Evans returning to the MCU as Rogers to see if there was any interest and as the weeks went by, Evans became more game to the idea with the two sides coming to agreement at the top of the year.

How he may return is still unclear and being worked out but the options are unlimited. Over the years, even after a character’s film franchises have come to an end, Marvel has found way to insert them into the MCU in other properties and with the addition of new Disney Plus limited series even adds more properties where he could make his return if its not his own film. Whatever that path may be, fans are sure to be invigorated knowing they would be seeing the return of a character that they assumed wouldn’t be back anytime soon.

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 8:58 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

epilogue wrote:
Anders wrote:
Started Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut. Don’t think I’ve seen this version before. Really looking forward to it.

Going to do a DC marathon.

The Donner Cut is outstanding. Easily my favorite Superman movie, so far.

It was a vast improvement.

PostPosted: Thu January 14, 2021 10:28 pm 
Future Drummer

Stickman wrote:

By Justin Kroll
Deadline
Senior Film Reporter
January 14, 2021

EXCLUSIVE: In a move that is sure to rock the Marvel Cinematic Universe, sources tell Deadline that Chris Evans is cleaning the dust off his Captain America attire as he expected reprise the role in the MCU in some form. Still vague if deal as completely closed but insiders say its headed in that direction for Evans to return as Steve Rogers aka Captain America in at least one Marvel property with the door open for a second film. Sources add it’s unlikely to be a new Captain America installment and more likely to be like what Robert Downey Jr. did after Iron Man 3, appearing in films like Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Marvel had no comment.

Evans had been very public that he would be hanging up the shield after Avengers: Endgame with Marvel going as far as having the character hand the shield to Anthony Mackie’s character at the end of the film in a passing of the torch type of moment. Things had changed in recent months as the idea was floated of Evans returning to the MCU as Rogers to see if there was any interest and as the weeks went by, Evans became more game to the idea with the two sides coming to agreement at the top of the year.

How he may return is still unclear and being worked out but the options are unlimited. Over the years, even after a character’s film franchises have come to an end, Marvel has found way to insert them into the MCU in other properties and with the addition of new Disney Plus limited series even adds more properties where he could make his return if its not his own film. Whatever that path may be, fans are sure to be invigorated knowing they would be seeing the return of a character that they assumed wouldn’t be back anytime soon.

Yay!

PostPosted: Fri January 15, 2021 12:08 am 
Major Dude

doone wrote:
Stickman wrote:

By Justin Kroll
Deadline
Senior Film Reporter
January 14, 2021

Marvel had no comment.

Yay!

:ohyeah!:

PostPosted: Mon March 29, 2021 1:13 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Mon April 05, 2021 2:14 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Dammit Loki looks really really good.

PostPosted: Mon April 05, 2021 2:57 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

yeah, that could be fun.

PostPosted: Mon April 19, 2021 2:21 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

That Shang chi trailer got me exited with the fights and cinematography and then Awkwafina makes a joke and im super bummed out.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:23 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:16 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Is the best over? None of the upcoming movies sound like they could top the previous MCU movies.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:19 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

The new Thor movie is supposed to be a nearly Avengers level story and affect how the MCU goes forward.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:28 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Anders wrote:
Is the best over? None of the upcoming movies sound like they could top the previous MCU movies.

It will build into one big story again. I have a faith.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:04 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Anders wrote:

It's been 2 years and they're kicking things off with a prequel and two origin stories. It definitely feels like a significant lull and my interest has seriously waned.

I don't really care about Black Widow's backstory at this point. Maybe 10 years ago, but I'm more interested in movies that are going to advance the story. Shang Chi isn't a character that I've ever heard of and doesn't seem particularly interesting. The Eternals could be interesting. I do like the cosmic side of things, but they aren't characters I'm very familiar with either.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:15 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Hard to remember how lame everyone expected Ironman, Captain America, and Thor to be? A robot guy, a 40's virtue icon, and some dumb god guy, none of which were considered interesting enough to be held onto by Sony or Fox or whoever was making Marvel movies back then.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:21 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:
Hard to remember how lame everyone expected Ironman, Captain America, and Thor to be? A robot guy, a 40's virtue icon, and some dumb god guy, none of which were considered interesting enough to be held onto by Sony or Fox or whoever was making Marvel movies back then.

Fair enough. I don't think Thor 1 or Captain America 1 hold up that well, but Iron Man was good. It had RDJ going for it, though.

Obviously they weren't as well known back then as they are now, but The Avengers surely had more built-in appeal than Shang chi and The Eternals.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:26 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Yeah, I'm not super excited for the 2021 films, but I'm willing to give Marvel a little rope because there were many surprisingly good Infinity Saga movies and Infinity War and End Game were a great finale to a 10 year story.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment