Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Film : The Shape of Water (del Toro)

Sun July 30, 2017 10:33 pm

Remember, he also brought us the genius that is The Strain

Sun July 30, 2017 10:34 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Remember, he also brought us the genius that is The Strain

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Still haven't gotten around to watching the latest season. Glad this has a definitive start and end unlike TWD

Mon July 31, 2017 2:59 pm

Oh it's a definitive end alright. Well, if they stick to the books. And why wouldn't they? It was an idea for a movie/tv show that he couldn't get made (say it isn't so, del Toro not getting a project going?) and now it's a TV show. I bet they change shit anyway just because.

I did not like the books. I liked the imaginative way the vampirism was handled so that kept me going to the end.

Fri September 15, 2017 11:03 am

I don't understand why this is a red band trailer, but cool ...

Fri September 15, 2017 10:21 pm

I liked the first trailer better. Now, I'm worried about this thing. It's gonna be Pan's Labyrinth all over again isn't it?

Fri September 15, 2017 11:40 pm

I think this looks pretty fucking cool, personally. I dig the Bioshock art deco meets mad science tech vibes.

Sat September 16, 2017 10:46 pm

Orpheus wrote:I think this looks pretty fucking cool, personally. I dig the Bioshock art deco meets mad science tech vibes.

Me too. The first trailer made it look way more romantic and whimsical, though. This one looks... like maybe it's gonna be veer off into dark, violent, and ultimately unsatisfying places like Pan's Labyrinth. But I'm still interested and I want to see it. I want it to be amazing.

Sat November 18, 2017 2:51 am

Sitting in the audience waiting for this without having seen a single trailer. I bet water doesn't even have a shape. I bet it is all just a metaphor.

Sat November 18, 2017 5:11 am

Wow I really loved this. Very touching. Michael Shannon is so good.

Sat November 18, 2017 6:50 am

theplatypus wrote:Wow I really loved this. Very touching. Michael Shannon is so good.

Glad to hear it, I'll definitely check it out.

Sat November 18, 2017 10:58 pm

theplatypus wrote:Wow I really loved this. Very touching. Michael Shannon is so good.

Is it better or worse than Pan's Labyrinth? How violent is it in comparison to the same aforementioned film? How is Sally Hawkins?

Tue January 09, 2018 9:54 pm

Watching this. It’s already really good.

Wed January 10, 2018 1:39 pm

This was really beautiful. You can see where it’s gonna I almost immediately but it doesn’t take anything away from it. Some of the blending from shit to shot is wonderful (not something I notice usually but it sorta forces you to notice it here :) )

GdT is back!

Wed January 10, 2018 6:54 pm

I'm adapting "from shit to shot" into my vocabulary this week

Wed January 10, 2018 8:04 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:I'm adapting "from shit to shot" into my vocabulary this week

I’m glad some good has come out of me not even trying to check myself anymore.
Post a reply