The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Calling All Comic Geeks!
PostPosted: Thu November 19, 2020 12:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 11290
B wrote:
Well, the story that bada posted (and didn't link to, by the way)


next time I'll add citations and a bibliography page professor


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Calling All Comic Geeks!
PostPosted: Thu November 19, 2020 2:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Classic B
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 15693
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
bada wrote:
B wrote:
Well, the story that bada posted (and didn't link to, by the way)


next time I'll add citations and a bibliography page professor


We must be allowed to call your sources shit.

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
Fuck, B was right all along?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Calling All Comic Geeks!
PostPosted: Sat November 21, 2020 7:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Champion of RM
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 11884
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
Can anyone recommend any trade paperbacks that are suitable for young children? Preferable Marvel or DC superheroes. The 1 on bought online (Immortal Hulk) had a 12 year old getting shot and laying in a pool of blood. Superhero on supervillian violence is A-OK, but children getting killed is something that I can't gift.

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Calling All Comic Geeks!
PostPosted: Sat November 21, 2020 8:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 24707
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Any of the Spider-Man Epic Collection earlier volumes would be good. Basically any of the first four volumes, although personally, I would start with the first as they're in order of issues.

X-Men Epic Collection volumes 5-7. You could start with the very first volume of these, but they really aren't needed to know what's going on in the ones I've mentioned.

You could also go with the first few Avengers Epic Collection volumes.

All of these feature characters your youngster(s) are probably already aware of and are quite accessible for kids.

What's the age group you're talking about?

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Calling All Comic Geeks!
PostPosted: Sat November 21, 2020 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Champion of RM
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 11884
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
wease wrote:
Any of the Spider-Man Epic Collection earlier volumes would be good. Basically any of the first four volumes, although personally, I would start with the first as they're in order of issues.

X-Men Epic Collection volumes 5-7. You could start with the very first volume of these, but they really aren't needed to know what's going on in the ones I've mentioned.

You could also go with the first few Avengers Epic Collection volumes.

All of these feature characters your youngster(s) are probably already aware of and are quite accessible for kids.

What's the age group you're talking about?


Thanks!

7ish

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Calling All Comic Geeks!
PostPosted: Sat November 21, 2020 8:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 24707
Location: Where everybody knows your name
CopperTom wrote:
wease wrote:
Any of the Spider-Man Epic Collection earlier volumes would be good. Basically any of the first four volumes, although personally, I would start with the first as they're in order of issues.

X-Men Epic Collection volumes 5-7. You could start with the very first volume of these, but they really aren't needed to know what's going on in the ones I've mentioned.

You could also go with the first few Avengers Epic Collection volumes.

All of these feature characters your youngster(s) are probably already aware of and are quite accessible for kids.

What's the age group you're talking about?


Thanks!

7ish


Ok. The X-Men books may be just a tad above 7 but he/she will totally dig on the characters and will certainly grow into the stories. I think I was 9 when I first started them.

And you’re welcome.

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu November 26, 2020 3:11 pm