The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382 ... 505  Next
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 1:11 am 
slower than 82% of US

durdencommatyler wrote:
Goddamnit, also Melissandre. She's not there either. Which, makes sense... but also, she has that line to Arya about seeing her again. SO..... what's up with that?

Maybe she’s disguised as Arya

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 3:27 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Mecca wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Goddamnit, also Melissandre. She's not there either. Which, makes sense... but also, she has that line to Arya about seeing her again. SO..... what's up with that?

I swear to god...

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 3:30 pm 
The Master

I really need to rewatch the last 2-3 seasons before this starts. My memory of the show gets hazy as it diverged from the books.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 3:33 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

durdencommatyler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I swear to god...

Arya mad?

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 3:36 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I swear to god...

Arya mad?

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2019 2:20 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

kreng wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Is Gendry in that trailer ? I think I saw him

Literally everyone is shown, yes, except the Greyjoys.

I'm not sure what that means.

no Bronn either :(

:poke:

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/ ... ssion=true

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2019 3:21 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

What do we think The Night King wants? If the answer is "land" or "power," that is pretty damn boring. Is he coming south to capture an object or a person, or to retrieve an object or a person? I don't think these are necessarily spoilers, because no one I read or watch posts spoilers or production info or anything, but I've seen some intersting speculation:

Spoiler: show
Winterfell is the site of much, much more mythology in the books, and it wouldn't be crazy to see some of that pop up in the final season. There's some speculation that there could be a dragon or dragon's eggs under or in the crypts, which could be a reason the Night King is on his way south. When it comes to a "someone," there's also reference to the speculation that the Night King (and the Night's King in the books) could've been a Stark, meaning the crypts hold his ancestors that he may want to raise from the dead. One of the wilder theories I've seen if that the Great Other himself is buried below Winterfell--it was raised at the same time as The Wall by the same person (Bran the Builder), and the name could be a clue to it being the place where winter ended, where "winter fell," if it was the place where the Last Hero defeated the Great Other to end the Long Night. There's also speculation that some sort of magical object--akin to the Horn of Winter--is in the crypts with Rhaegar's harp, and he needs it before he can go further south.

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2019 8:00 am 
slower than 82% of US

Simple Torture wrote:
What do we think The Night King wants? If the answer is "land" or "power," that is pretty damn boring. Is he coming south to capture an object or a person, or to retrieve an object or a person? I don't think these are necessarily spoilers, because no one I read or watch posts spoilers or production info or anything, but I've seen some intersting speculation:

Winterfell is the site of much, much more mythology in the books, and it wouldn't be crazy to see some of that pop up in the final season. There's some speculation that there could be a dragon or dragon's eggs under or in the crypts, which could be a reason the Night King is on his way south. When it comes to a "someone," there's also reference to the speculation that the Night King (and the Night's King in the books) could've been a Stark, meaning the crypts hold his ancestors that he may want to raise from the dead. One of the wilder theories I've seen if that the Great Other himself is buried below Winterfell--it was raised at the same time as The Wall by the same person (Bran the Builder), and the name could be a clue to it being the place where winter ended, where "winter fell," if it was the place where the Last Hero defeated the Great Other to end the Long Night. There's also speculation that some sort of magical object--akin to the Horn of Winter--is in the crypts with Rhaegar's harp, and he needs it before he can go further south.

He wants Harrenhal

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2019 8:30 am 

He’s heard Cersei is even icier then him and he’s come to put the smack down on that rumour

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2019 9:27 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Simple Torture wrote:

After the ridiculous zombie kidnapping and turning Daenerys into a nephew fucking superhero, I don't have any faith that they'll do anything interesting with the Night King.

My only hope is that the books don't resemble the show at all.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2019 4:22 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

After the ridiculous zombie kidnapping and turning Daenerys into a nephew fucking superhero, I don't have any faith that they'll do anything interesting with the Night King.

My only hope is that the books don't resemble the show at all.

Very well could be the show's jump the shark moment.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 2:31 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

During Season 7 (summer 2017), I tried to guess Season 8's episode titles. My guesses were:

Simple Torture wrote:
SE08EP01 - "The Last Hero"
SE08EP02 - "Family, Duty, Honor"
SE08EP03 - "Valonqar"
SE08EP04 - "A Choosing"
SE08EP05 - "The Night That Ended"
SE08EP06 - "A Dream of Spring"

My updated guesss are:

SE08EP01 - "Queen's Right"
SE08EP03 - "The Long Night"
SE08EP04 - "The Last Hero"
SE08EP05 - "Valonqar"

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 5:52 pm 
slower than 82% of US

Simple Torture wrote:
During Season 7 (summer 2017), I tried to guess Season 8's episode titles. My guesses were:

Simple Torture wrote:
SE08EP03 - "Valonqar"
SE08EP04 - "A Choosing"

My updated guesss are:

SE08EP05 - "Valonqar"

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 7:16 pm 

Lads.
I found seasons 1-3 in a cool boxset and season 4, all on dvd, in a charity shop.
€2 for both.

Support your local charity shop.
Though to be fair this was more of a steal than anything.

PostPosted: Sat March 16, 2019 1:48 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Mecca wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Simple Torture wrote:
SE08EP03 - "Valonqar"
SE08EP04 - "A Choosing"

My updated guesss are:

SE08EP05 - "Valonqar"

The run times for the six episodes were announced recently (today?) and they are:

SE08EP01 - 54 minutes
SE08EP02 - 58 minutes
SE08EP03 - 82 minutes
SE08EP04 - 78 minutes
SE08EP05 - 80 minutes
SE08EP06 - 80 minutes

Feel pretty comfortable with my guesses.

PostPosted: Sat March 16, 2019 3:26 pm 
mXn

A Dream of Spring:

Final scene of the series is a cut to GRRM waking up in a cold sweat at home with a dead hooker in bed next to him. The whole thing was just a dream.

PS - Local news radio said yesterday that the final 3 episodes will clock in at 120 minutes each. Sounds like they have that wrong and should have said an hour and 20 minutes each?

PostPosted: Thu March 21, 2019 6:37 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

On a podcast today the guy said that he wished HBO would pull a Fathom and put each episode in theaters the same night as they air on HBO for the superfans.

PostPosted: Sat March 23, 2019 4:37 pm 
mXn

This is getting close.

PostPosted: Mon April 08, 2019 4:10 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Less than a week away now--we should be getting at least the first episode's title soon! Let's try to guess RMers' reactions to the first episode, sight unseen. Feel free to add your own:

"Very promising. Can't wait to see where it goes." -Anders

"Who was that guy with the sword? I feel like I remember him from an earlier season but it's not ringing a bell." -Monkey_Driven

"[something Stannis related]" -mecca

"This will end with Jon on the Iron Throne. Confirmed." - dime

"It was a tough world back then, rape happens. Could we get some more rape for the next episode?" -bammer

"The grace and poise that Sansa showed as she ceded Winterfell to the dragon queen was an absolute stunner. The power exuded by the women on this show--even when they are deferring, and especially when they are deferring to each other--is remarkable and inspiring." - durdencommatyler

"Fan fiction." -chud

PostPosted: Mon April 08, 2019 4:15 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Yet another example of how disconnected I am from the mainstream. I haven't seen one episode of this show and don't even really care to.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382 ... 505  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment