Who Ever Said vs. Quick Escape

Who Ever Said
60%
Quick Escape
40%

Total votes : 45

Re: MM 5-30: Who Ever Said vs. Quick Escape

Wed March 27, 2024 9:38 am

And yet, there’s enough love for it that we have an all Gigaton semi finals in this bracket.

Wed March 27, 2024 9:44 am

Obviously. It was up against Backspacer and Lightning Bolt.

Wed March 27, 2024 9:59 am

if i listen to gigaton i usually listen to about 5-6 tracks

7,8,9,10 everytime
2,3,6,11 30% chance each

Wed March 27, 2024 10:38 am

I’m glad to see some 7-10 love.

Wed March 27, 2024 1:34 pm

Homeboyd wrote:
Jaeti wrote:
Jaeti wrote:
stip wrote:Who Ever Said, but QE is still great

The first four songs of Gigaton are so good. What a run. Arguably the best 4 song run in the catalog. outside of maybe some combination of tracks 2-8 on Ten

Agree on the "arguably the best run" point.

And especially if we're talking best four to start a record.

For record opening four songs it's tough to beat the first two...I mean Vs. starts Go, Animal, Daughter and the fourth song could be me singing in the shower and it'd still be tough to beat. Personally, I'd take Vitalogy...Last Exit, Spin, NFY, Tremor Christ...but that's because Last Exit is a top 5 song for me.

For me it's the opening run of Yield all the way through Wishlist. Top tier songwriting, playing, singing. Alchemy.

Wed March 27, 2024 1:37 pm

I vote Quick Escape because I like the storytelling and the third verse is just so vivid. Plus I'm always a sucker for an extended outro where Mike gets to run off leash.

I don't think "Gave up on satisfaction" is very interesting or sonorous as a hook. Alas.

Wed March 27, 2024 1:41 pm

stip wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
stip wrote:Who Ever Said, but QE is still great

The first four songs of Gigaton are so good. What a run. Arguably the best 4 song run in the catalog. outside of maybe some combination of tracks 2-8 on Ten

Holy shit Stip what about NFY thru Whipping. Or the first 4 of Yield. Or....

NFY to Whipping is pretty close, but I think this just edges it out. I don't think the first 4 songs on Yield are anything special, but i'm pretty meh on faithfull and No Way is interesting but not a classic.

I hate to challenge the boss on this, but Faithfull has the best drum performance in the entire catalog. The way Mike and Stone change guitar tones to reinvigorate the repeating riff in the middle section is also quite good, though I can admit that if you're not a guitar player yourself that might not catch your ear.

Wed March 27, 2024 2:22 pm

WES. Love it. The band shows some dexterity throughout. Love all the twists and turns.

Wed March 27, 2024 2:23 pm

Kind of surprised at this one. Ed's vocals on WES are less than desirable, especially the "Whoever Said" part.

Wed March 27, 2024 2:26 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Kind of surprised at this one. Ed's vocals on WES are less than desirable, especially the "Whoever Said" part.

he sounds great there.

Wed March 27, 2024 2:30 pm

Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:Kind of surprised at this one. Ed's vocals on WES are less than desirable, especially the "Whoever Said" part.

he sounds great there.

More like Whoever Meh'd amirite

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:

he sounds great there.

Happy birthday

Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:

he sounds great there.

Happy birthday

:lol:

Wed March 27, 2024 11:43 pm

Who Ever Said takes it
Topic locked