Switch to full style
When a band is but a fraction of Pearl Jam, but they aren't zero Pearl Jam.
Post a reply

Re: Dave A Solo Album?

Sun December 18, 2016 12:51 am

This quote from 2009 is admittedly pretty mild, but I can't imagine Jeff or Ed going out of their way to specifically praise Dave:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/music/music-news/qa-session-with-pearl-jam-1013177

Q: What's your favourite Pearl Jam song?

Stone: Nothing Man. I didn't write it. Jeff Ament wrote it, Dave Abbruzzese plays great drums on it.

I'm sure that's not the only time he's made comments about enjoying Dave's playing either.

Sun December 18, 2016 9:22 am

Also Stone went out of his way to thank DA at the Grammys for StBC.

If Stone played with Dave A and Shawn Smith it'd be a boat rocker at the next rehearsal, I'm sure.

Sun December 18, 2016 3:00 pm

Brett wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
B wrote:
B wrote:
B wrote:Dave A. recently posted that he'd been jamming (recording?) with Shawn Smith.

I'd be all over that.

From Brad? Will Stone be on the record?

Yes from Brad.

Nothing in the post about Stone. It didn't mention an album or anything all that concrete.

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wed April 26, 2017 4:03 am

Dave uploaded some demos to Bandcamp:

https://davidabbruzzese.bandcamp.com/al ... n-progress

Wed April 26, 2017 2:06 pm

New album title announced: RSVP

Wed April 26, 2017 2:43 pm

https://davidabbruzzese.bandcamp.com/album/green-romance-orchestra-play-parts-i-v-extended-version-with-bonus-tracks

just check his bandcamp (posted 17march):

Green Romance Orchestra was formed by drummer Dave Abbruzzese after he got turfed by that oh-so-emotional rock enterprise known as Pearl Jam

haha..this guy...
Dude, get over it.

Wed April 26, 2017 3:36 pm

Dave's responses these last few months are finally starting to take a toll on my opinion of the guy. He got screwed, and it sucks...But geez, you're a healthy, functioning WMA. Get over it, dude. Your life is still 100x better than literally millions(billions?) of other people.

Wed April 26, 2017 3:45 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Dave's responses these last few months are finally starting to take a toll on my opinion of the guy. He got screwed, and it sucks...But geez, you're a healthy, functioning WMA. Get over it, dude. Your life is still 100x better than literally millions(billions?) of other people.

seriously. And how long can you have these sour grapes? My wife left me almost a year ago and ruined my life, and I'm already over it. This has been what, 20 years? Come on dude, grow a fucking pair and move on.

Wed April 26, 2017 4:15 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote: My wife left me almost a year ago and ruined my life, and I'm already over it.

:hooray: This deserves to be celebrated.

Wed April 26, 2017 4:27 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote: My wife left me almost a year ago and ruined my life, and I'm already over it.

I love you, Ruddo.

Wed April 26, 2017 5:02 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

I love you, Ruddo.

I can't wait till I have a fucking beer with him.

Wed April 26, 2017 5:12 pm

Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

I love you, Ruddo.

I can't wait till I have a fucking beer with him.

No joke. It'll be a great day!

Wed April 26, 2017 5:37 pm

That line about Pearl Jam wasn't written by Dave but a reviewer called Darren Kern, all the way back in 1997

http://dropd.com/issue/82/CD/GreenRomanceOrchestra/

Wed April 26, 2017 5:41 pm

Damn Jorge, you went above and beyond on this one. Still sucks that Dave A is featuring it on his web site.

Wed April 26, 2017 8:03 pm

Jorge, do you know that because you read the article when it came out? I always took you as someone who had an incredible memory that you can just call on whenever you need it for anything you've ever seen in your life.

Wed April 26, 2017 8:04 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Damn Jorge, you went above and beyond on this one. Still sucks that Dave A is featuring it on his web site.

He's a D. Im glad some are coming around on that.

Wed April 26, 2017 8:52 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Damn Jorge, you went above and beyond on this one. Still sucks that Dave A is featuring it on his web site.

It's still gauche for sure

Wed April 26, 2017 9:05 pm

theplatypus wrote:

It's still gauche for sure

What, is "sucks" too proletariat for you?

Wed April 26, 2017 10:01 pm

Gauche my dick

Wed April 26, 2017 10:08 pm

theplatypus wrote:Gauche my dick

:D
Post a reply